Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Gun Control Gun Control Forum - For topics and discussions about gun laws, gun policies, and gun rights


Thanks Tree24Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:27 AM   #11
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
The law did not require anyone to be declared mentally compromised. The law has two criteria: could not work because of any mental disorder and unable to manage their SS benefits without help.
Exactly. It was a prelude to all kinds of stuff. Ever been deemed an addict? Sorry, were going to take away your right to exercise the second amendment. Wait? You do not agree? Ok, fine say bye bye to your first amendment to
coke is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:29 AM   #12
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 23,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
The law did not require anyone to be declared mentally compromised. The law has two criteria: could not work because of any mental disorder and unable to manage their SS benefits without help.
So a self admission that the individual has a problem is insufficient?

I would disagree.
RNG is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:30 AM   #13
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 23,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Exactly. It was a prelude to all kinds of stuff. Ever been deemed an addict? Sorry, were going to take away your right to exercise the second amendment. Wait? You do not agree? Ok, fine say bye bye to your first amendment to
So slippery slope works here but not for any of the encroachments on abortion?
RNG is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:32 AM   #14
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
So slippery slope works here but not for any of the encroachments on abortion?
Wait..do I see a subject change? A deflection? Hark, it tis one. I shall not participate. Look! Its the Easter bunny driving Santa's Sleigh!
Thanks from excalibur
coke is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:32 AM   #15
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 37,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
So a self admission that the individual has a problem is insufficient?

I would disagree.
What specific problem? Due process, it is an American thing.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:33 AM   #16
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 37,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
So slippery slope works here but not for any of the encroachments on abortion?
There is no encroachment on abortion. Abortion is an encroached on the Constitution.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:45 AM   #17
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 23,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Wait..do I see a subject change? A deflection? Hark, it tis one. I shall not participate. Look! Its the Easter bunny driving Santa's Sleigh!
What deflection? You were invoking a slippery slope, I was debunking it.
RNG is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:46 AM   #18
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 23,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
What specific problem? Due process, it is an American thing.
Are you being intentionally obtuse, or is it just you?
RNG is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:47 AM   #19
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 23,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
There is no encroachment on abortion. Abortion is an encroached on the Constitution.
Now that's a deflection.
RNG is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:50 AM   #20
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 37,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Are you being intentionally obtuse, or is it just you?
Quote:
So a self admission that the individual has a problem is insufficient.
What problem?
Thanks from coke
Jimmyb is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Tags
gun, house, mentally, obama, overturn, restricting, rule, sales, severely, votes



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
House Votes to Allow D.C. Employers to LongWinded Political Talk 8 May 2nd, 2015 07:39 AM
Texas Execution of a Severely Mentally Ill Man Would Be an Outrage LongWinded Current Events 47 December 6th, 2014 01:45 PM
Senate Votes 79-18 On Amendment To Overturn Citizens United skews13 Current Events 19 September 11th, 2014 05:42 PM
House Votes To Defund NPR npr Current Events 11 March 17th, 2011 06:14 PM
Man Severely Beaten for Wearing Obama Shirt tadpole256 Politicians 13 December 26th, 2008 04:49 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.