Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Gun Control Gun Control Forum - For topics and discussions about gun laws, gun policies, and gun rights


Thanks Tree54Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2017, 01:50 PM   #31
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
First during watch change I had to pull the clip or magazine out of my .45 semi-auto and then pull the slide back and forth to eject a forgotten bullet and point it at the overhead and pull the trigger. I never forgot to look through the barrel to know the chamber is clear and pull the slide back and forth to eject a forgotten bullet before pulling the trigger but some forgot and there could be a live round in the chamber, bang and the overhead of the watch station had more than a few dings by the .45 ACP. Stupid people should not be allowed to handle a gun let alone own one.
Stupid people, like guns, are everywhere. In fact, imho... Stupid people have been a problem of humanity for far longer than guns.
Thanks from Sabcat
Panther is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 01:54 PM   #32
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Stupid people, like guns, are everywhere. In fact, imho... Stupid people have been a problem of humanity for far longer than guns.
But previous to the invention of guns, they were more apt to hurt themselves than others.
RNG is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 01:59 PM   #33
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by deGanis View Post
Is this 'real' or just the sort of thing that TV shows like to make out? Sometimes I think I must be living in a parallel universe (its pretty nice though)
Traditionally, as a foundational principle, it's real enough. In a modern sense, don't know? But a proliferation in gun ownership does make it hard and near impossible for any government, no matter how powerful, corrupt or misunderstood, too impose it's will on a populace that is not ready for the change that is offered by an indifferent society.
Thanks from Sabcat and Twisted Sister
Panther is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 02:07 PM   #34
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
But previous to the invention of guns, they were more apt to hurt themselves than others.
Unless they got interested in politics and pooled their resources from an abundance of stupidity among like minded people.

From a western perspective, the crusades is a prime example of one or multiple people of like minds, causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people via politics, religion, power and misconceptions born from stupidity. All without a sound coming from a thunder stick.
Panther is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 02:15 PM   #35
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Traditionally, as a foundational principle, it's real enough. In a modern sense, don't know? But a proliferation in gun ownership does make it hard and near impossible for any government, no matter how powerful, corrupt or misunderstood, too impose it's will on a populace that is not ready for the change that is offered by an indifferent society.
I still doubt your semi-automatic AR-15s will be a match for Abrams tanks and F-22s. The only way it would ever work is if one could get the support of a large part of the standing military, which experience shows is somewhere between difficult and impossible.

That is one of the reasons the FFs, in addition to the 2nd, also banned standing armies.
Thanks from Sabcat and Twisted Sister
RNG is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 02:29 PM   #36
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
I still doubt your semi-automatic AR-15s will be a match for Abrams tanks and F-22s. The only way it would ever work is if one could get the support of a large part of the standing military, which experience shows is somewhere between difficult and impossible.

That is one of the reasons the FFs, in addition to the 2nd, also banned standing armies.
I didn't say that. That isn't my view. I thought I said it would be difficult, to near impossible, for a indifferent government (or society) to govern a well armed populace, however marginalized or forced into ethnic groupings or cliques as they are; As I observe us ignorantly doing so at this time.

In regards to the second paragraph on a standing military, that ship not only sailed a long time ago, but is also now lost at the sea.
Panther is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 03:22 PM   #37
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I didn't say that. That isn't my view. I thought I said it would be difficult, to near impossible, for a indifferent government (or society) to govern a well armed populace, however marginalized or forced into ethnic groupings or cliques as they are; As I observe us ignorantly doing so at this time.

In regards to the second paragraph on a standing military, that ship not only sailed a long time ago, but is also now lost at the sea.
I honestly don't see the populous having or not having guns would impact on their governability.
RNG is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 03:35 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
I still doubt your semi-automatic AR-15s will be a match for Abrams tanks and F-22s. The only way it would ever work is if one could get the support of a large part of the standing military, which experience shows is somewhere between difficult and impossible.

That is one of the reasons the FFs, in addition to the 2nd, also banned standing armies.
Jet fighters fly faster than the speed of sound and especially the F-4 Phantom. You don't hear or see them coming until abreast of the ship from a distance of less than 100 feet and sounded like hot rod dragsters and then gone in a flash. Those suckers are fast.
Twisted Sister is online now  
Old May 14th, 2017, 04:28 PM   #39
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
I honestly don't see the populous having or not having guns would impact on their governability.
That's because your not thinking of the violent nature in how the US came into existence and then a appeal to reason enshrined In a document that has left a centuries long impact on each successive generation.

A culture of violence and reason governs us in this country like it governs no other nation on Earth.
Thanks from Sabcat
Panther is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 05:05 PM   #40
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
That's because your not thinking of the violent nature in how the US came into existence and then a appeal to reason enshrined In a document that has left a centuries long impact on each successive generation.

A culture of violence and reason governs us in this country like it governs no other nation on Earth.
The government could still stomp any militia's ass.
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Tags
genuine, question



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question for IT TNVolunteer73 Current Events 8 November 1st, 2014 07:44 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.