Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Gun Control Gun Control Forum - For topics and discussions about gun laws, gun policies, and gun rights


Thanks Tree29Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2017, 01:12 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Sissy guns and buy a BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle) for home protection.
Naahhh, 12 gauge shot gun much better for home defense.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old July 14th, 2017, 01:20 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Naahhh, 12 gauge shot gun much better for home defense.
12 gauge, short barrel is my go-to.
caconservative is offline  
Old July 14th, 2017, 01:37 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,852
What is the message you seek without weapons?
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old July 15th, 2017, 05:46 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 1,360
I was brought up in a tough mining valley, and after I blacked the eye of the school bully when I was seven, I never lost another fight. I don't go in for being 'tough' (it takes all sorts to make a world, and being quick with your fists is nothing to be proud of), but I do think the way some Americans are in love with the means of murdering people is a bit wet and very, very disgusting. Do they think playing cowboys makes them grown up or what?
iolo is offline  
Old July 15th, 2017, 10:11 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolo View Post
I was brought up in a tough mining valley, and after I blacked the eye of the school bully when I was seven, I never lost another fight. I don't go in for being 'tough' (it takes all sorts to make a world, and being quick with your fists is nothing to be proud of), but I do think the way some Americans are in love with the means of murdering people is a bit wet and very, very disgusting. Do they think playing cowboys makes them grown up or what?

As I said in a previous post, it's not about playing cowboy. I avoid bad situations whenever possible. It's just that I am far too close to 60 years old and not as fast or as strong as I used to be. I sincerely hope I never have to draw my weapon much less actually use it. But I am fully prepared IF the need ever arises.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old July 16th, 2017, 04:27 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
As I said in a previous post, it's not about playing cowboy. I avoid bad situations whenever possible. It's just that I am far too close to 60 years old and not as fast or as strong as I used to be. I sincerely hope I never have to draw my weapon much less actually use it. But I am fully prepared IF the need ever arises.
Well, as I don't think getting long in the tooth entitles me to go round killing people. What makes us so important? Someone I know, aged 80, was recently mugged by a drug addict, who knocked him off his zimmer - but my friend got seven punches to the bugger's nose, which I think is more appropriate than murder.

Last edited by iolo; July 16th, 2017 at 06:57 AM.
iolo is offline  
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:11 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salinator1 View Post
It was a joke that only someone familiar with guns would understand, and not by the Gun is Bad crowd.



I actually pack a Norinco .380.
.380 semi-auto pistol is a girlie gun. .45 ACP speaks in a loud voice.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old July 16th, 2017, 09:53 AM   #28
Banned
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpork View Post
Well I just bought another pistol for concealed carry, I usually carry a Springfield XDs in .45 auto, however I really like their XD Mod.2 in 9mm it's the same 3.3 inches long but holds 17 rounds. I plan on picking it up this Friday at Cabela's. Nine mm. is just as deadly as .45 with todays modern ammo, even the FBI seems to agree.
Bang, bang. Make you happy. Well done.
jetson is offline  
Old July 16th, 2017, 10:36 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
I carry a Colt Mustang .380 or Rossi 5 shot .38 for the same reason. Same soft holster fits both, slips right in the pocket.
My favorite concealed carry pistol is my .380 ACP semi-auto.
Keep it loaded with 90 grain Hydra-Shok rounds.
I NEVER open carry, if someone is out to get you open carry is just an invitation to a bullet in the back of the head.
Hollywood is offline  
Old July 16th, 2017, 10:40 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
.380 semi-auto pistol is a girlie gun. .45 ACP speaks in a loud voice.
Nonsense. If I put a .380 ACP, 90 grain Hydra-Shok between your eyes you're just as fucking dead as if i'd used a round from a Ma Deuce, and you know it.
It's not so much as the size of the round as where you put it.
Hollywood is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Tags
bought, gun



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FBI bought and paid for. roastpork Current Events 15 October 6th, 2016 09:07 PM
Just Bought A Kobo Stan Fan Current Events 0 March 16th, 2011 09:53 PM
Murdoch bought MySpace?!? hevusa Business & Industries 11 April 6th, 2006 10:32 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.