Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Gun Control Gun Control Forum - For topics and discussions about gun laws, gun policies, and gun rights


Thanks Tree131Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2017, 09:31 AM   #231
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
Tremendous allegation; no proof offered.
As a Christian, it's your duty to understand how the Bible was assembled.
imaginethat is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 11:03 AM   #232
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
If you're going to be a strong, outspoken Christian then how you act will be under the microscope.

Plus, I'm disciple of Christ, but I let the Holy Spirit pick the times for me speak up. Christ was a master at speaking to people where they were spiritually. I try to emulate that.
Great. We should get along then, huh.
BS Filter is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 04:41 PM   #233
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Great. We should get along then, huh.
Why do you say that?
imaginethat is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 06:54 PM   #234
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hell
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
And this isn't trolling?
No. Trolling is making posts designed to incite and provoke an unpleasant exchange of words. Unflattering and insulting names/words are usually included. See just about any post from Aghgo Boogeroff for examples. Calling people names like idiot, moron, dumbfuck, shithead, etc. You know......things that will tick you off, help no one's argument, and make one seem to be extremely lacking in decorum.

Hollywood is extremely proud of that fact or idea that he is older than most here - and thus wiser due to more seasoning from time and experience. He is also proud that he has served, without being overbearing in constantly hawing on it, nor being sanctimonious about it during discussions that involved the US Military or her veterans.

My remark was meant to be lighthearted and teasing. More importantly, it was an acknowledgement of his age and service. Those are good things.
Marcus Livius is offline  
Old February 12th, 2018, 10:02 AM   #235
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 15,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
What do you want to do? propose something! Gun confiscation?
Why donít YOU propose something?

After all your quick to jump all over a news story when a drunk illegal kills two people but say very little when American citizens gun down hundreds or get drunk and kill people.

BTW, thatís your hypocrisy. Scream about hundreds (if that) killed by illegals and propose spending billions to solve ďthe problemĒ but keep quiet about the tens of thousands being killed by guns and drunk drivers and cry if anyone even SUGGESTS a solution to those problems.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old February 12th, 2018, 10:10 AM   #236
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Surprise!, Surprise!, Surprise!

The more guns a country has, the more mass shootings it has.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/w...T.nav=top-news

But it's worth it!
hey Goober explain to me why the HOMICIDE RATE DECREASES during periods of weaker Gun Control laws.

I know Facts are not your friend.

I want you to explain this fact that the highest murder rates occur during periods of the greatest Gun Control laws.

TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old February 12th, 2018, 10:12 AM   #237
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,862
the highest murder rate in the US was during the CLINTON ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN.

it was 2.5 times GREATER than the Current murder rate. and no other time in history was the murder rate greater than 10.5/100,000.

The Murder rate was cut from 10.5 to 4 to 100,000 >60% because the assault weapons ban was REPEALED and 48 States allowed PEOPLE TO CARRY SIDE ARMS.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old February 12th, 2018, 10:17 AM   #238
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Right, fuck those little kindergarten kids, right?
Just as likely most of them would have been killed in a car accident eventually anyway, right?
What kills the most children?
caconservative is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Tags
directly, gun, mass, ownership, proportional, shootings



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mass Shootings and mental illness Sensible Current Events 27 November 2nd, 2017 12:18 PM
Why do some mass shootings make the news and some don't? Lyzza Current Events 1 October 7th, 2015 06:51 AM
The Under-Reported Truth Behind Most Mass Shootings LongWinded Gun Control 14 September 3rd, 2015 11:33 AM
How to Stop Mass Shootings Jimmyb Current Events 8 January 17th, 2013 04:12 AM
Two mass shootings in one day... fxashun Gun Control 4 March 12th, 2009 03:10 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.