Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Gun Control Gun Control Forum - For topics and discussions about gun laws, gun policies, and gun rights


Thanks Tree131Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:29 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Exactly, we agree. Good neighborhoods are good because the people are good. Bad neighborhoods are bad because the people are bad. It's the condition of the heart.
"sigh" it must be nice to be a simple minded person living in such a simple world.
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:31 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
....and yet you want more laws. Go figure.
Then stop crying about laws not STOPPING something. The best ANY law can do it to REDUCE the incidence of crime and provide for the punishment of offenders.
Thanks from TreeDoc
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:34 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Then stop crying about laws not STOPPING something. The best ANY law can do it to REDUCE the incidence of crime and provide for the punishment of offenders.
I agree on punishment, but the strictest gun control in the nation isn't working in Chicago.
BS Filter is online now  
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:37 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
The Right to keep and bear Arms is not a Right granted by the Constitution. It existed before the adoption of the Constitution and you cannot deny it to a citizen. Citizens can forfeit the Right via a criminal conviction. The only other time is if people have to be locked away or put into protective custody because they pose a threat to themselves and / or society.

You can, however, have an exercise in mental masturbation. That's covered by the First Amendment.
Nonsense We are discussing the rights of American citizens. There WAS no America prior to the winning of our revolution and the adoption of our Constitution. We were just a British colony subject to British laws.
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:40 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
I agree on punishment, but the strictest gun control in the nation isn't working in Chicago.
WTF is your people's obsession with Chicago? Yes, it's the 2nd largest city in the U.S. but you people seem just completely obsessed with it.
WHY do you seem to think that Chicago has the "strictest gun control in the nation?"
Just because you say that at every opportunity or what?
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:47 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Then stop crying about laws not STOPPING something. The best ANY law can do it to REDUCE the incidence of crime and provide for the punishment of offenders.
I'm not "crying" about anything, I'm simply fascinated how convoluted your thought processes are. I'm all for frying the perpetrators asses, you probably think we just need to "understand" their background nd childhood.
Thanks from discollector

Last edited by Quigley; November 9th, 2017 at 08:33 AM.
Quigley is offline  
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:56 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a House
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
The Right to keep and bear Arms is not a Right granted by the Constitution. It existed before the adoption of the Constitution and you cannot deny it to a citizen. Citizens can forfeit the Right via a criminal conviction. The only other time is if people have to be locked away or put into protective custody because they pose a threat to themselves and / or society.

You can, however, have an exercise in mental masturbation. That's covered by the First Amendment.
The Right to keep (1689 EBoR) and bear Arms (Natural Right of self defense) are not Rights granted by the Constitution. That's right, both the right to keep arms and the right to bear arms existed before the constitution. The right to keep (own/posses) weapons can be limited if one is charged/convicted of a crime, or is institutionalized.

Those are 2 different rights, they are not 1 whole right. The USC2A merely protects those rights. Protecting a right does not mean that the right can not be regulated, as you admit, when a crime has been committed or the person is institutionalized.

The only absolute right is the right to bear arms, to defend yourself or your state. The right to keep arms is not an absolute right, and it is subject to the law, as stated in the 1689 EBoR.

Last edited by TreeDoc; November 9th, 2017 at 07:59 AM.
TreeDoc is offline  
Old November 9th, 2017, 08:21 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
The Constitution does not grant rights, especially the bill of rights. The Constitution tells the government that they can not infringe upon inherent rights.
And EXACTLY who or what grants those inherent rights that you say the Constitution forbids the government to infringe upon them?
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 9th, 2017, 08:23 AM   #59
Hiding behind the sofa
 
MichaelT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Stockport England
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
The Right to keep and bear Arms is not a Right granted by the Constitution. It existed before the adoption of the Constitution and you cannot deny it to a citizen.
Actually before the Constitution the right was limited, you could deny it to a citizen if that citizen wasn’t Protestant.

Last edited by MichaelT; November 9th, 2017 at 08:27 AM.
MichaelT is offline  
Old November 9th, 2017, 08:27 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
"sigh" it must be nice to be a simple minded person living in such a simple world.
Sigh, I'm not the topic, and your post is just trolling and not related to the topic.
Thanks from Sabcat and discollector
BS Filter is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Tags
directly, gun, mass, ownership, proportional, shootings



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mass Shootings and mental illness Sensible Current Events 27 November 2nd, 2017 12:18 PM
Why do some mass shootings make the news and some don't? Lyzza Current Events 1 October 7th, 2015 06:51 AM
The Under-Reported Truth Behind Most Mass Shootings LongWinded Gun Control 14 September 3rd, 2015 11:33 AM
How to Stop Mass Shootings Jimmyb Current Events 8 January 17th, 2013 04:12 AM
Two mass shootings in one day... fxashun Gun Control 4 March 12th, 2009 03:10 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.