Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Gun Control Gun Control Forum - For topics and discussions about gun laws, gun policies, and gun rights


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2017, 05:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 402
The racism behind "gun control" laws

This is essentially just "icing on the cake" as far as being one reason for why I'm totally opposed to any form of ban or restriction on the right to keep and bear arms:

The racist origin of gun control laws | TheHill

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html
Neil is offline  
Old December 29th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
This is essentially just "icing on the cake" as far as being one reason for why I'm totally opposed to any form of ban or restriction on the right to keep and bear arms:

The racist origin of gun control laws | TheHill

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html
It was Reagan and the NRA that outlawed open carry in California, you know why?
Thanks from Hollywood
goober is offline  
Old December 29th, 2017, 09:55 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
It was Reagan and the NRA that outlawed open carry in California, you know why?
Maybe I don't know why, if the motive was anything other than racist.
Neil is offline  
Old December 30th, 2017, 05:29 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 5,244
In liberal strongholds gun laws are still written to keep minorities and the poor from exercising their constitutional rights. Excessive charges fees, licenses, and restricted access, along may issue laws that require a 'good reason' in the eyes of some bureaucrat. They are modern day Jim Crow and poll tax laws.
Thanks from webguy4 and Neil
Libertine is online now  
Old December 30th, 2017, 07:44 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,602
My father moved us to Illinois for a while back in the 1960's. Why we was there Illinois enacted a gun license. It was set up to keep black folk from having a gun. It was during the late 1960's. At that time that time there was no other reason. They did it to not allow black people to own a gun. My father had all of our guns with us. He was an avid waterfowler and hunter. It was the worst three years of his life probably. He could not go out and hunt and had to keep his guns hid. Soon as he could, we left and went back to Mississippi.
Thanks from Neil
guy39 is offline  
Old December 30th, 2017, 08:10 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 21,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
My father moved us to Illinois for a while back in the 1960's. Why we was there Illinois enacted a gun license. It was set up to keep black folk from having a gun. It was during the late 1960's. At that time that time there was no other reason. They did it to not allow black people to own a gun. My father had all of our guns with us. He was an avid waterfowler and hunter. It was the worst three years of his life probably. He could not go out and hunt and had to keep his guns hid. Soon as he could, we left and went back to Mississippi.
Total bullshit. I grew up in Illinois, across the river from St. Louis, Mo. Lived there until I was 18 when I went into the Marines. As a young teen in the early to mid 60's I and my brother and our father hunted all the time. I do recall having to have what was called a FOID card (Firearm Owners Identification Card) and no concealed carry was around. But if you wanted to go hunting you just locked your firearm unloaded in the truck and went hunting after getting the appropriate hunting license.
Southern Illinois in the Shawnee National Forest has some of the most monstrous whitetail deer in the country.

Where do you people come up with the silly crap you do?
Hollywood is offline  
Old December 30th, 2017, 08:19 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
This is essentially just "icing on the cake" as far as being one reason for why I'm totally opposed to any form of ban or restriction on the right to keep and bear arms:

The racist origin of gun control laws | TheHill

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html
Well then you lost big this year. Because SCOTUS refused to hear any challenge to Heller, the states and localities can impose gun restrictions until their hearts are content. That means no concealed or open carry where they choose to prohibit it, and AR 15 and AK style rifles their high capacity magazines and accessories can be declared unusually dangerous weapons as Scalia so eloquently defined in his majority opinion in the Heller case that can be completely prohibited from being possessed.

Expect these restrictions and many more to come in even more areas in the future.
skews13 is offline  
Old December 30th, 2017, 10:58 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Well then you lost big this year.
The American People lost big because of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Because SCOTUS refused to hear any challenge to Heller, the states and localities can impose gun restrictions until their hearts are content. That means no concealed or open carry where they choose to prohibit it, and AR 15 and AK style rifles their high capacity magazines and accessories can be declared unusually dangerous weapons as Scalia so eloquently defined in his majority opinion in the Heller case that can be completely prohibited from being possessed.

Expect these restrictions and many more to come in even more areas in the future.
I've discussed this on this thread: SCOTUS refuses to hear 2A case
Neil is offline  
Old December 30th, 2017, 11:38 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 21,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Total bullshit. I grew up in Illinois, across the river from St. Louis, Mo. Lived there until I was 18 when I went into the Marines. As a young teen in the early to mid 60's I and my brother and our father hunted all the time. I do recall having to have what was called a FOID card (Firearm Owners Identification Card) and no concealed carry was around. But if you wanted to go hunting you just locked your firearm unloaded in the truck and went hunting after getting the appropriate hunting license.
Southern Illinois in the Shawnee National Forest has some of the most monstrous whitetail deer in the country.

Where do you people come up with the silly crap you do?
@guy39

Well? Why did your father "have to keep his guns hid?" My father and I did not have to.

Last edited by Hollywood; December 30th, 2017 at 11:38 AM. Reason: typo
Hollywood is offline  
Old December 30th, 2017, 03:49 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Total bullshit. I grew up in Illinois, across the river from St. Louis, Mo. Lived there until I was 18 when I went into the Marines. As a young teen in the early to mid 60's I and my brother and our father hunted all the time. I do recall having to have what was called a FOID card (Firearm Owners Identification Card) and no concealed carry was around. But if you wanted to go hunting you just locked your firearm unloaded in the truck and went hunting after getting the appropriate hunting license.
Southern Illinois in the Shawnee National Forest has some of the most monstrous whitetail deer in the country.

Where do you people come up with the silly crap you do?
The Illinois FOID card was enacted to keep guns out of the hands of black people during the race riots. Daly in Chicago felt it could be a tool to arrest any black person with a gun. A black man in Illinois with a gun in 1968 was a asking for trouble anywhere in the state. Cairo was under siege by black panthers and other militant groups. No sir, my dad was not dumb for keeping his guns hid
Thanks from webguy4
guy39 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Tags
gun control, laws, racism



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Religious Freedom" laws Nwolfe35 Gay and Lesbian Rights 160 April 13th, 2015 09:45 AM
"Old School" Racism, On FAUX Noise Medicine Man Current Events 14 July 15th, 2014 06:42 AM
Mitch McConnells Office Tells Unemployed Vet "I Have No Control Over Your Life" skews13 Current Events 18 January 22nd, 2014 09:57 PM
"Annie Bones" Wannabe Denies GOP Racism Medicine Man Current Events 0 January 22nd, 2014 06:50 AM
Obama Urges "Common Sense" Gun Control After Shootings imaginethat Current Events 7 September 22nd, 2013 09:37 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.