Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Gun Control Gun Control Forum - For topics and discussions about gun laws, gun policies, and gun rights


Thanks Tree17Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2018, 09:59 AM   #21
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
you dim bulb

a car has many purposes other than to kill people

what purpose does an assault weapon have?
Irrelevant to the argument. In fact an american citizen has more of a right to own a firearm than a car, but that is another topic.

The fact of the matter is that they are both inanimate objects that require a human to operate them. Both become vastly more dangerous when used under the influence of alcohol. Both have a vast number of purposes from practical uses, sport and collection.


Your premise was because people die due to drunk driving...what?


Let's take a look at it again


Quote:

Why do we have tough DUI laws? There are people who drink and drive - there are people who drink and drive and kill people. So, should we just listen to all those people screaming 'but they're coming to take our cars!' and get rid of DUI laws?
You see, people are not crying "'but they're coming to take our cars!" Because that would be silly. If you wanted to solve the drunk driving problem (by your let's ban all the things) logic than banning the booze would be the way to go, not the improperly used object. In fact "properly used" automobiles cause FAR more fatalities than properly used firearms.

Now if we were to only use the numbers of these dreaded "assault rifles" (as those are the only ones you are currently advocating for the abolition of) vs automobiles the numbers would not even be remotely close.


So...

How did the constitutional amendment to ban alcohol work out?
Sabcat is online now  
Old February 17th, 2018, 12:04 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Irrelevant to the argument. In fact an american citizen has more of a right to own a firearm than a car, but that is another topic.

The fact of the matter is that they are both inanimate objects that require a human to operate them. Both become vastly more dangerous when used under the influence of alcohol. Both have a vast number of purposes from practical uses, sport and collection.


Your premise was because people die due to drunk driving...what?


Let's take a look at it again




You see, people are not crying "'but they're coming to take our cars!" Because that would be silly. If you wanted to solve the drunk driving problem (by your let's ban all the things) logic than banning the booze would be the way to go, not the improperly used object. In fact "properly used" automobiles cause FAR more fatalities than properly used firearms.

Now if we were to only use the numbers of these dreaded "assault rifles" (as those are the only ones you are currently advocating for the abolition of) vs automobiles the numbers would not even be remotely close.


So...

How did the constitutional amendment to ban alcohol work out?
Actually about the same number of people die in car accidents that get shot to death in the US.
The main difference is that automobiles are designed and built to provide transportation, guns are designed and manufactured to kill people.
goober is offline  
Old February 17th, 2018, 12:21 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 23,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Irrelevant to the argument. In fact an american citizen has more of a right to own a firearm than a car, but that is another topic.

The fact of the matter is that they are both inanimate objects that require a human to operate them. Both become vastly more dangerous when used under the influence of alcohol. Both have a vast number of purposes from practical uses, sport and collection.


Your premise was because people die due to drunk driving...what?


Let's take a look at it again




You see, people are not crying "'but they're coming to take our cars!" Because that would be silly. If you wanted to solve the drunk driving problem (by your let's ban all the things) logic than banning the booze would be the way to go, not the improperly used object. In fact "properly used" automobiles cause FAR more fatalities than properly used firearms.

Now if we were to only use the numbers of these dreaded "assault rifles" (as those are the only ones you are currently advocating for the abolition of) vs automobiles the numbers would not even be remotely close.


So...

How did the constitutional amendment to ban alcohol work out?
NO

The point is a car is a vehicle which a purpose of transportation and conveying people and materials. It can be used as an instrument of death if mistreated.

An assault weapon has a purpose of killing people. There is NO OTHER PURPOSE.

Society cannot function without vehicles.

Society can function very well without items constructed to slaughter people.

THAT is 'THE POINT'

If you are too dense, too stubborn, too immature, too STUPID to understand and/or discern that difference, you are also too dense, too stubborn, too immature and too STUPID to have ANY kind of firearm, let alone an assault weapon.
Thanks from RNG
tristanrobin is offline  
Old February 17th, 2018, 12:23 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 23,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Actually about the same number of people die in car accidents that get shot to death in the US.
The main difference is that automobiles are designed and built to provide transportation, guns are designed and manufactured to kill people.
Well, I don't think all guns are manufactured to kill people. There are certainly guns which are owned to hunt animals and/or use for target practice.

I have no issue with those. I own a gun.

But no U.S. private citizen has any need for an assault weapon - and society has a great need to get them out of the hands of public citizens.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old February 17th, 2018, 12:32 PM   #25
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
NO

The point is a car is a vehicle which a purpose of transportation and conveying people and materials. It can be used as an instrument of death if mistreated.

An assault weapon has a purpose of killing people. There is NO OTHER PURPOSE.

Society cannot function without vehicles.

Society can function very well without items constructed to slaughter people.

THAT is 'THE POINT'

If you are too dense, too stubborn, too immature, too STUPID to understand and/or discern that difference, you are also too dense, too stubborn, too immature and too STUPID to have ANY kind of firearm, let alone an assault weapon.


This is not your premise. You are not advocating for the abolition of all firearms from society. You are advocating for an arbitrary "type" of firearm taken only from a select part of society. Again, you are attempting to "move the goal posts"

If your premise was the abolition of all firearms we would be having a very different conversation.

But instead we are talking about your silly argument

Let's look again at what you said


Quote:


Why do we have tough DUI laws? There are people who drink and drive - there are people who drink and drive and kill people. So, should we just listen to all those people screaming 'but they're coming to take our cars!' and get rid of DUI laws?


Seriously


'but they're coming to take our cars!' and get rid of DUI laws
As i said. The problem w/in your situation is the alcohol plus the people.plus the cars. Not the cars themselves. The logic solution in your let's ban all the things world would be to ban the alcohol not the cars.

There once was a constitutional amendment that banned booze.

How did that work out?
Sabcat is online now  
Old February 17th, 2018, 12:33 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 23,510
You're playing stupid, childish, juvenile, immature, sophomoric, stupid word games.

I'm talking about a serious subject.

Get back to me when you're out of middle school.

And, yes, there are goalposts in society. They are called boundaries. We need them in our gun regulations. We have a FEW. Not enough.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old February 17th, 2018, 12:40 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
NO

The point is a car is a vehicle which a purpose of transportation and conveying people and materials. It can be used as an instrument of death if mistreated.

An assault weapon has a purpose of killing people. There is NO OTHER PURPOSE.

Society cannot function without vehicles.

Society can function very well without items constructed to slaughter people.

THAT is 'THE POINT'

If you are too dense, too stubborn, too immature, too STUPID to understand and/or discern that difference, you are also too dense, too stubborn, too immature and too STUPID to have ANY kind of firearm, let alone an assault weapon.
Total bullshit. A tool is used by the user. Any firearm is designed to kill. From a shotgun to rimfire to a handgun to a rifle. Semi, single shot, double barrel, or automatic. All of those are designed to do the same thing. Expel a projectile(s), with high pressure gas, out a metal tube at a high velocity to penetrate what ever it was pointed at. More ignorance from the gun banning left
Thanks from Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old February 17th, 2018, 12:42 PM   #28
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
You're playing stupid, childish, juvenile, immature, sophomoric, stupid word games.

I'm talking about a serious subject.

Get back to me when you're out of middle school.

And, yes, there are goalposts in society. They are called boundaries. We need them in our gun regulations. We have a FEW. Not enough.
You opened up this line with your silly attempt at an argument


Remember



Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
The idiotic, stupid, ignorant comments about criminals who get around laws are getting so absurd that Im curious if ANYBODY takes them seriously. Of if everybody recognizes them for the bullshit, self-serving, hysterical, hyperbolic rhetoric that they are?

Why do we have tough DUI laws? There are people who drink and drive - there are people who drink and drive and kill people. So, should we just listen to all those people screaming 'but they're coming to take our cars!' and get rid of DUI laws?

Why do we have laws against robbing banks? There are still criminals who find ways to do it and rob banks anyway. Should we pay attention to all those people who cry out, 'but they're coming for our safety deposit boxes!' and get rid of those laws?

We have laws that punish people very harshly for sexually molesting children. There are still people who break those laws and abuse and molest children. Should we listen to the people who are moaning, 'but they're taking away my parental rights!' and forget about those laws?

It's just IGNORANT and TUNNEL-VISIONED UNINFORMED to think that people want to disarm the entire nation of all guns (well, some might - but the vast overwhelming majority do not. I do not.). But I would applaud ignoring the hysterical whimpering of the right wing's, 'they're coming to take all my guns' and confiscating and giving harsh penalties to any private citizen with assault weapons. The only reason these weapons exist is to assault. Assault is illegal. As they have no other purpose, they should not be in the hands of private citizens. Just as private citizens can't have dynamite, anthrax, plutonium, etc. etc. etc. It is AGAINST THE GOOD INTERESTS OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

And people who don't like it can suck my left tit and get over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I can't believe you actually got paid to grade peoples papers much less were allowed any influence whatsoever on their education. I could go and get my jr high kid to dismantle this silly attempt at an argument.

Lets take them one at a time.

If drunk driving was the cause of death in your premise wouldn't the logical solution in your "lets ban all the things" utopia be to ban alcohol?

Now if you were just talking about death my automobile then banning of cars would be logical.

Didn't we try passing a constitutional amendment banning booze?

Fail.

No thanks on the left tit. Elderly cosmopolitan gays are not my thing.

I am just pointing out how stupid it is.
Sabcat is online now  
Old February 17th, 2018, 12:45 PM   #29
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Total bullshit. A tool is used by the user. Any firearm is designed to kill. From a shotgun to rimfire to a handgun to a rifle. Semi, single shot, double barrel, or automatic. All of those are designed to do the same thing. Expel a projectile(s), with high pressure gas, out a metal tube at a high velocity to penetrate what ever it was pointed at. More ignorance from the gun banning left
One must remember that this person claimed to be an educator at one time.

The lack of critical thinking skills are staggering.
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is online now  
Old February 17th, 2018, 12:49 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
is he going answer?

what purposes does an assault weapon have?

*crickets*
They are fun to shoot at the target range. They are great for varmint hunting and wild hog hunting. Many of them are very collectible. Furthermore, I do not need to demonstrate a need to exercise my Constitutional rights.
Thanks from Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Tags
acid, attacks, rise



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gay Muslim wedding: Groom receives acid attack threats Sabcat Islam 0 July 15th, 2017 10:39 AM
An Acid Trip. roastpork Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 29 September 28th, 2015 05:36 PM
Islamic State Disfigure 15 Women With Acid kbear Islam 1 February 10th, 2015 12:06 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.