Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Gun Control Gun Control Forum - For topics and discussions about gun laws, gun policies, and gun rights


Thanks Tree61Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2018, 08:41 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,165
I posted this elsewhere ( the F**K post)...but, it is more appropriate here....


The anti-gun crowd is focusing on the AR-15 as the pure evil "assault Rifle".... Now they get their way....Leveraging Tragedies such as Parkland into banning them....Now what??...What's next??

the AR's offspring the M-16 replaced the M-14 in the mid '60's as the grunt's weapon....Now let's look at the M-14....7.62 mm (.308 caliber)...It is the iconic caliber used for Deer hunting...I am looking at a Remington 30-06 and a Remington 760 BDL (.308 pump) right now.......Now how much damage can a M-14 do..?? Let's review a little story form a Marine Sniper in the Arizona Territory, South Vietnam

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT...OA5hc6MUteEd8-

One of the most lethal US Marine snipers in Vietnam fired 16 headshots in 30 seconds in pitch darkness

That's right boys and girls... Charles "Chuck" Mawhinney, (103 kills) was able to kill 16 NVA in 30 seconds with His M-14 which the only difference between that and my .308 is that it is semi-automatic, and my piece is a pump.....

Know what weapon Marine sniper Carlos Hathcock (93 kills) used??...A Remington 800.. another hunting rifle... So you will probably get the hated AP-15 banned.....until the next one shoots up a day-care, with one of these "hunting rifles" and then we will hear it all again..... You don't need a M-14 to hunt deer....I know how you lefties roll....
Thanks from Mythbuster
Jimgorn is offline  
Old February 22nd, 2018, 09:26 PM   #52
Hiding behind the sofa
 
MichaelT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Ozdere Turkey
Posts: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
The .223 was adopted by the military to WOUND the enemy, not kill the enemy
No, the round was designed to cause so much damage that it would incapacitate the enemy immediately.
No army would ever consider adopting a round that would merely wound the enemy. The advantage of the .223 high velocity round for the military is that even if the wound is not fatal it causes enough shock and damage to the soldier to remove him as a threat.
Thanks from imaginethat, Camelot and Hollywood
MichaelT is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:15 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
LOL

The 2nd Amendment, the Right of the People to keep and bear arms.

Then he tries and claim that that is emotionalism.

More people are murdered by knives than AR-15's.
No, I’m claiming the statement “The People Have A Right”, with no other comment, is emotionalism.

It’s not an attempt to debate, it’s not making an argument. It is an attempt to SHUT DOWN argument and debate by appealing to the honored place that “rights” hold in our society. It ignores that ALL rights come with limitations and responsibilities.

When someone uses a knife how many times have they killed 58 people and wounded over 500 from a distance of a 1,000 feet?

Last edited by Nwolfe35; February 23rd, 2018 at 02:23 AM.
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:21 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
there are over 18,000,000 AR-15s in the US.. How many have been used in shootings.
There are 700 million domestic airline passengers per year. How many of them tried to blow up a plane with a bomb in their shoe (TRIED, they didnít even succeed) and yet we still take our shoes off to be x-rayed at the airport.
Thanks from Camelot and Hollywood
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:23 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
There are 700 million domestic airline passengers per year. How many of them tried to blow up a plane with a bomb in their shoe (TRIED, they didnít even succeed) and yet we still take our shoes off to be x-rayed at the airport.
And NOW, at least on international flights, is no longer good enough to take metal objects out of your pockets, EVERYTHING must be taken out, paper. money, everything.
Apparently forbidding dangerous OBJECTS from areas where they are considered too dangerous to be in does work in done right.
Hollywood is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:53 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
And NOW, at least on international flights, is no longer good enough to take metal objects out of your pockets, EVERYTHING must be taken out, paper. money, everything.
Apparently forbidding dangerous OBJECTS from areas where they are considered too dangerous to be in does work in done right.
Yes checkpoints going through purses looking for guns and knives with armed guards, works. Putting a sticker on the window saying "gun free zone" does not. In fact does the opposite.
justoneman is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:24 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 11,740
The DMZ was anything but a de-militarized zone on the 17th parallel. The snowflakes are going to have to fight if they like it or not.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:58 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
No, the round was designed to cause so much damage that it would incapacitate the enemy immediately.
No army would ever consider adopting a round that would merely wound the enemy. The advantage of the .223 high velocity round for the military is that even if the wound is not fatal it causes enough shock and damage to the soldier to remove him as a threat.

Actually the Japanese and the Germans both used wooded ammo. One of the reasons was, if soldier was hit and killed, that was one soldier less in battle. If a soldier was hit and wounded, at least one other man would try to save him, in many cases multiple people would be involved in trying to save him. Less people shooting back in the battle.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 08:10 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Actually the Japanese and the Germans both used wooded ammo. One of the reasons was, if soldier was hit and killed, that was one soldier less in battle. If a soldier was hit and wounded, at least one other man would try to save him, in many cases multiple people would be involved in trying to save him. Less people shooting back in the battle.
Also that wooden slug would disintegrate after going a short distance. So it was useful in situations where you were concerned about the rounds impacting of friendly positions.
Hollywood is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 08:14 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Yes checkpoints going through purses looking for guns and knives with armed guards, works. Putting a sticker on the window saying "gun free zone" does not. In fact does the opposite.
Flying has become such a pain in the ass I've gotten to where i avoid doing it. I used to enjoy it.

I'n not even going to try and explain the No Gun Zone concept to you people. Half are too dumb to understand and the other half too partisan to even try to understand. I'm just not sure WHICH half you're a member of.
Thanks from RNG
Hollywood is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Tags
ar15



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.