Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Gun Control Gun Control Forum - For topics and discussions about gun laws, gun policies, and gun rights


Thanks Tree92Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:05 PM   #121
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@goober

Most schools already have Security teams. I was one of them--the company I worked for was contracted at essentially 8/10 districts in a 2 hour driving distance radius--which is a quite a bit. Though, of course, guards were not allowed to be armed on duty due to the rules in place.
So you was paid to be quick with a cell phone to call for help. No offense intended.
guy39 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:44 PM   #122
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
So you was paid to be quick with a cell phone to call for help. No offense intended.
@guy

Lol. Well, you have to understand, there all kinds of other issues that we are there for that have nothing to do with gun violence--enforce rules, stop/prevent fights, hold people accountable, property damage, (possibly) first aid, etc. etc. Gun violence was really never even on my mind.

Of course, if something of that magnitude were to occur, yes--I would be the one with first responsibility in contacting the police.
Thanks from guy39
xMathFanx is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2018, 09:02 PM   #123
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 11,781
Teachers don't know how to play Quick Draw. Most teachers are scared of guns so no use teaching them Quick Draw for they will shoot their own foot off.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2018, 03:54 AM   #124
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@goober

Most schools already have Security teams. I was one of them--the company I worked for was contracted at essentially 8/10 districts in a 2 hour driving distance radius--which is a quite a bit. Though, of course, guards were not allowed to be armed on duty due to the rules in place.
So most of he time there was no one at a school, although there was an untrained, unarmed person within a two hour drive.
Properly trained armed security teams cost a lot more than mall cops.
Where is the money going to come from?
goober is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2018, 05:25 AM   #125
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
So most of he time there was no one at a school, although there was an untrained, unarmed person within a two hour drive.
Properly trained armed security teams cost a lot more than mall cops.
Where is the money going to come from?
@goober

Did you read what I said? There were already guards certified to carry a gun at work and they did so at other locations. The schools are the ones who made them leave it at home. Also, it would hardly cost anymore money than what they currently pay.
Thanks from Jimgorn
xMathFanx is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2018, 06:49 AM   #126
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
So most of he time there was no one at a school, although there was an untrained, unarmed person within a two hour drive.
Properly trained armed security teams cost a lot more than mall cops.
Where is the money going to come from?
How dare you put a cost on the safety of children. What kind of monster are you
Thanks from Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2018, 08:17 AM   #127
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
A school is not liable for something that is out of their control (i.e. a criminal breaking the law and causing harm/damage).
Any good lawyer could cut right through that.....Say???....claiming the school's security was so inadequate it could not protect against a criminal getting on the property and shooting people??
Thanks from xMathFanx
Jimgorn is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:18 AM   #128
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@goober

Did you read what I said? There were already guards certified to carry a gun at work and they did so at other locations. The schools are the ones who made them leave it at home. Also, it would hardly cost anymore money than what they currently pay.
Ok, now if we have a situation, we have a mall cop with a gun, and lots of dead kids.
goober is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:35 AM   #129
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Ok, now if we have a situation, we have a mall cop with a gun, and lots of dead kids.
@goober

Okay, you definitely did not read my posts. Most of the guards that had credentials to carry were either:

(A) Off-duty Cops

(B ) Retired Police

(C) Military or ex-military

Or, some combination
Thanks from Jimgorn
xMathFanx is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Tags
arm, teachers



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Letís arm the teachers. What could possibly go wrong. Nwolfe35 Current Events 22 March 2nd, 2018 05:48 AM
Greedy Teachers? roastpork Current Events 60 May 11th, 2015 10:20 PM
You Can Blame It On The Teachers If You Want Camelot Current Events 39 November 23rd, 2013 08:47 PM
Why Teachers Suck. roastpork Current Events 49 November 5th, 2013 10:39 PM
A resource for teachers kowalskil Atheism 0 September 28th, 2010 12:08 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.