Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree43Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:01 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 15,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Then why, in a democracy like Britain is there no call to switch to a system like we have in the US, which would cost them nearly 3 times as much, and provide the average person with less care?
There is a call to change the system in the UK. Which is being led by Prime Minister David Cameron who is try to avoid a Greek style economic meltdown. Health care costs are rising as access and quality are lowering. As with any socialized system, it will be overused to the point of failure. And that is just what is happening in the UK. Waiting times for medical procedures are now at the point thousands of people are dying waiting for help.
caconservative is offline  
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:12 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
Absolutely. And they live longer.
the difference is only about 1.5 years. nothing to do cartwheels over lol..
kbear is offline  
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:15 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
There is a call to change the system in the UK. Which is being led by Prime Minister David Cameron who is try to avoid a Greek style economic meltdown. Health care costs are rising as access and quality are lowering. As with any socialized system, it will be overused to the point of failure. And that is just what is happening in the UK. Waiting times for medical procedures are now at the point thousands of people are dying waiting for help.
In surveys, 61.3% of Britons say they are satisfied with their current health system, and that only minor changes are needed.
In the US, 28.9% responded like that.
British Satisfied With NHS - Business Insider

But that was before ObamaCare kicked in.....

More importantly, the NHS costs Britain about 40% of what a US type system would cost to provide the same level of care.
So if the issue is money, they are not looking to go to a US type system.
Thanks from RNG

Last edited by goober; February 28th, 2015 at 10:19 AM.
goober is online now  
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:16 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
Infant mortality is an indication of a failed medical community. Instead of getting health care with the pregnancy, many young women do not HAVE health care. NOT going to full term indicates a lack of health care coverage in most cases.
Gone too soon What’s behind the high U.S. infant mortality rate - 2013 FALL - Stanford Medicine Magazine - Stanford University School of Medicine



So why are republicans trying to reduce the number of people who have access to health care?
this is utter horseshit because any pregnant woman who can't afford insurance automatically qualifies for Medicaid (TNcare) in TN. that covers all prenatal care, the birth, the mother and the baby up to I believe 5 years old. they also get WIC.

idk about other states but I'm sure they have some similar. NO poor pregnant woman has to go without medical care in this country!
Thanks from caconservative
kbear is offline  
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:20 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
If we looked at how other countries calculated infant mortality, would the numbers be the same?
exactly. are they calling preemies (or any baby) who were born alive but died shortly thereafter stillborns??
Thanks from caconservative
kbear is offline  
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:22 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
Having the best medical treatment that money can buy doesn't make a superior health care system.

Can You Afford Your Cancer Care? - US News



Cancer treatment is for EVERYONE in the UK. NOT just the rich as it is in the US.

U.S. life expectancy on the rise, but progress lags global peers? - The Washington Post



For profit medicine which is the republican plan ONLY profits from sick people. THAT makes us live shorter lives than those with socialized medicine who treat the patient as responsible for being healthy.
is that the latest cutting edge cancer treatments available here or are they using old chemo drugs that have a poor success rate? saying they treat all cancer doesn't mean they are using the best treatment available. they could give someone placebos and say they "treated" them.

if you had an aggressive cancer would you want to be treated here or in the UK??
kbear is offline  
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:25 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
the nurse I had when I was in the hospital last march was british and she said the thousands and thousands of immigrants they are letting in is really over burdening their healthcare and it can't last much longer.
Thanks from caconservative and ptif219
kbear is offline  
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:31 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 15,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
In surveys, 61.3% of Britons say they are satisfied with their current health system, and that only minor changes are needed.
In the US, 28.9% responded like that.
British Satisfied With NHS - Business Insider

But that was before ObamaCare kicked in.....

More importantly, the NHS costs Britain about 40% of what a US type system would cost to provide the same level of care.
So if the issue is money, they are not looking to go to a US type system.
Why don't you ask the families of thousands of dead people if they're happy with it. The costs are lower because the amount of money allocated for a medical treatment is lower. Which results in longer waiting times and poorer quality of care. With lower government payments comes fewer doctors, nurses, hospital beds, equipment, and medical innovation. Those that can afford it, are going to foreign countries for treatment. Private (non-government) medical clinics are on the rise in the UK.
caconservative is offline  
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:34 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 15,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
the nurse I had when I was in the hospital last march was british and she said the thousands and thousands of immigrants they are letting in is really over burdening their healthcare and it can't last much longer.
California is a prime example of that. Well over 100 hospital ER's have closed do to illegal aliens using them as their primary care providers. Which puts the legal citizens within those areas at risk.
caconservative is offline  
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:48 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Why don't you ask the families of thousands of dead people if they're happy with it. The costs are lower because the amount of money allocated for a medical treatment is lower. Which results in longer waiting times and poorer quality of care. With lower government payments comes fewer doctors, nurses, hospital beds, equipment, and medical innovation. Those that can afford it, are going to foreign countries for treatment. Private (non-government) medical clinics are on the rise in the UK.
Americans are the largest contingent of medical tourists in the world, traveling to Mexico, Brazil, India and elsewhere to get medical treatments that are unaffordable in the US. They get the same procedures, using the same equipment, from medical personnel with the same skill levels for a fraction of the cost.
Why do you think that is?
Why does having an IUD inserted in the US cost $700, while the same procedure can be had in Canada for $50, or for $10 in Brazil?
Why does a hip replacement cost $40,000 in the US and $7000 in Spain, for the same device, made in the same factory?
Thanks from RNG
goober is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
britain, care, health, ocialized, superior, system



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Dismantling of the American Health Care System Uncle Han Current Events 0 October 24th, 2013 10:34 AM
Doctor shortage, increased demand could crash health care system imaginethat Healthcare 34 October 10th, 2013 02:40 AM
Best Health Care System in the World? hevusa Money and Finance 8 August 8th, 2011 07:02 PM
Our pathetic mental health care system Nightrider Opinion Polls 2 March 25th, 2009 01:24 AM
America's sick health care system worsens garysher Healthcare 2 July 9th, 2008 07:26 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.