Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree43Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:02 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
seamanstaines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U K
Posts: 104
Our infant mortality rate is a national embarrassment - The Washington Post
seamanstaines is offline  
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:10 AM   #62
Commie Exposer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Blefuscu
Posts: 38,895
You cannot compare country to country infant mortality rates.

Shrink your picture down.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:15 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
seamanstaines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U K
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
only superior in the number of people that die because they do not receive proper treatment, US has the highest cure rate, UK is 16th


http://b-i.forbesimg.com/theapotheca...RD-table12.jpg
ancient bullshit, I picked a link that was about the same age. Read it and educate yourself.
We need to be careful when comparing US and UK cancer care - Cancer Research UK - Science blog

‘Breast cancer kills more frequently in the UK’


One stat that we were asked to comment on is a statistic comparing breast cancer death rates in the two countries:

Breast cancer kills 25 percent of its American victims. In Great Britain …breast cancer extinguishes 46 percent of its targets.
We don’t know where this figure has come from. However, according to GLOBOCAN – an international comparison carried out in 2002 and probably the most recent comparable figures, the age-standardised figures are 24 deaths per 100,000 Britons, and 19 per 100,000 Americans – not nearly so dramatic a difference.
seamanstaines is offline  
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:20 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
seamanstaines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U K
Posts: 104
why cant you compare stats Jimmy? I hope its not because they are un favourable to your argument
seamanstaines is offline  
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:25 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
seamanstaines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U K
Posts: 104
BBC News - Why do Americans die younger than Britons?



New life expectancy figures show Americans some way behind countries like Canada, the UK and Australia. Why?

Living in the world's richest country comes at a price, and it's measured in life years.

Graph
Men in the US are on average aged 75 when they die. That is 1.5 years younger than men in the UK and 3.5 years younger than men in Australia, says a new study.

American women live on average to just under 81 - about three years younger than the average Australian woman.

While life expectancy in the US continues to improve, says the report by researchers at University of Washington in Seattle and Imperial College, London, it is not increasing as quickly as in other Western countries, so the gap is widening.

"The researchers suggest that the relatively low life expectancies in the US cannot be explained by the size of the nation, racial diversity, or economics," says the document, which ranks the US 38th in the world for life expectancy overall.
seamanstaines is offline  
Old March 7th, 2015, 08:44 AM   #66
Commie Exposer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Blefuscu
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamanstaines View Post
why cant you compare stats Jimmy? I hope its not because they are un favourable to your argument
The US is the only country that uses the full WHO definition of live birth and other countries eliminate several of the criteria. Switzerland uses only two of the four criteria. In Switzerland, the criteria is that an infant must be at least 30 centimeters long to be considered living. This allows other countries to use weight, gestation period, and length to classify a baby as not being born alive, and the US classifies the as born alive. The U.S. uses the data collected by the United Nations Statistics Division on U.S. infant mortality vis-a-vis Italy, which has three different criteria for infant death from three different regions.

The US counts every live birth, which means all premature births. Many countries do not count premature births as live births, and do not count them as live births if they die within a certain period of time. We do more for premature infants than most countries, which skews the numbers.


When factoring in all the criteria, the US has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world.

The numbers in your chart are raw numbers devoid of the criteria of the counties regarding what they consider a live birth.
Thanks from Tony
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 7th, 2015, 08:44 AM   #67
Commie Exposer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Blefuscu
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamanstaines View Post
BBC News - Why do Americans die younger than Britons?



New life expectancy figures show Americans some way behind countries like Canada, the UK and Australia. Why?

Living in the world's richest country comes at a price, and it's measured in life years.

Graph
Men in the US are on average aged 75 when they die. That is 1.5 years younger than men in the UK and 3.5 years younger than men in Australia, says a new study.

American women live on average to just under 81 - about three years younger than the average Australian woman.

While life expectancy in the US continues to improve, says the report by researchers at University of Washington in Seattle and Imperial College, London, it is not increasing as quickly as in other Western countries, so the gap is widening.

"The researchers suggest that the relatively low life expectancies in the US cannot be explained by the size of the nation, racial diversity, or economics," says the document, which ranks the US 38th in the world for life expectancy overall.
Your chart is raw data and does not account for the heterogeneity of the US’s lifestyles and behaviors that are not under the control of medicine compared to other countries regarding life expectancy: Auto accident deaths, smoking related disease deaths, obesity related disease and death. Regarding most all cancers and diseases, the US has superior outcomes over other countries, and especially countries with socialized medicine.

Last edited by Jimmyb; March 7th, 2015 at 03:09 PM.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 7th, 2015, 10:42 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 16,774
Infant mortality rates in the Black community are 3-times higher than other ethnic communities which is why the rate is so high. Claiming that parental-care is the primary reason for the high rate is disingenuous. Tobacco, drugs, diet, and alcohol are the primary reasons for the high infant mortality rates.
Thanks from Tony
caconservative is offline  
Old March 7th, 2015, 12:50 PM   #69
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamanstaines View Post
ancient bullshit, I picked a link that was about the same age. Read it and educate yourself.
We need to be careful when comparing US and UK cancer care - Cancer Research UK - Science blog

‘Breast cancer kills more frequently in the UK’


One stat that we were asked to comment on is a statistic comparing breast cancer death rates in the two countries:

Breast cancer kills 25 percent of its American victims. In Great Britain …breast cancer extinguishes 46 percent of its targets.
We don’t know where this figure has come from. However, according to GLOBOCAN – an international comparison carried out in 2002 and probably the most recent comparable figures, the age-standardised figures are 24 deaths per 100,000 Britons, and 19 per 100,000 Americans – not nearly so dramatic a difference.
What the figure comes from is WHO.. I posted this earlier in this thread.

THE ONLY REASON THAT US HAS SHORTER LIFE SPANS

is because we are have more freedom to take risks..

ONCE AGAIN if you take out cases were people DIE IN ACCIDENTS (example car crashes to experimental ultra light crashes, the "Hey Watch this" factor"

you see these are no indication of healthcare system.

Where BREAST CANCER survival and other diseases are indicaitons of the quality of healthcare.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old March 7th, 2015, 01:46 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 16,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
That's racist nonsense...
Like the charge that "unvaccinated illegal aliens" were bringing disease into the US. Vaccination rates are higher in Mexico and Central America than they are in the US, if you want to deal with facts....
Did I target Mexico? You do realize illegal aliens are entering from all over the world don't you? So, let's deal with facts!
caconservative is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
britain, care, health, ocialized, superior, system



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Dismantling of the American Health Care System Uncle Han Current Events 0 October 24th, 2013 10:34 AM
Doctor shortage, increased demand could crash health care system imaginethat Healthcare 34 October 10th, 2013 02:40 AM
Best Health Care System in the World? hevusa Money and Finance 8 August 8th, 2011 07:02 PM
Our pathetic mental health care system Nightrider Opinion Polls 2 March 25th, 2009 01:24 AM
America's sick health care system worsens garysher Healthcare 2 July 9th, 2008 07:26 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.