Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree42Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2017, 08:07 AM   #31
Ohhhh no
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 6,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Bullets in flight, time of impact: 15 seconds.
That's a long shot.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Daws77 is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 08:09 AM   #32
Ohhhh no
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 6,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Daws should not be dismissed or lowered in rank but should suffer latrine duty for a short time to atone his sins.
I have already been a janitor.
Daws77 is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 08:10 AM   #33
Ohhhh no
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 6,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I know that it is a short thread, sometimes I forget how stupid that you are. Sorry about that. So you see if the statment made by TS is in fact true then so is mine and you are either just trolling, retarded or both. I go w/ both.

Thanks.

Carry on.

You have been dismissed.
false! TS never mentioned or implied what you said he did.
Daws77 is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 08:18 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 8,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daws77 View Post
That's a long shot.
The 73 pound projectile was shot with a 42 pound powder (semi-fixed) and travels over 1800 feet per second from a 5 inch caliber (five inch diameter) with a long barrel, with a 6 pound TNT warhead charge surrounded by case hardened steel. You need a direct hit to kill a tank and we killed two tanks, countless bunkers and other structures. We even shot at a barn because the enemy was hiding inside, exit one barn.

edit: The enemy did not have radar and they determined range by vote and called a bracket. I used 15 seconds but it was much less time than that for the bullet and more like 4 seconds at Quang Tri aka Quaviet River aka DMZ. I don't know why I chose 15 seconds but everyone gets 15 seconds of fame at least once in their lifetime.

Last edited by Twisted Sister; February 14th, 2017 at 08:57 AM.
Twisted Sister is online now  
Old February 14th, 2017, 08:30 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 15,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
The 73 pound projectile was shot with a 42 pound powder (semi-fixed) and travels over 1800 feet per second from a 5 inch caliber (five inch diameter) with a long barrel, with a 6 pound TNT warhead surrounded by case hardened steel. You need a direct hit to kill a tank and we killed two tanks, countless bunkers and other structures. We even shot at a barn because the enemy was hiding inside, exit one barn.
You must have been on a Destroyer.
As an aside, a bit off topic, I've read a number of book about the Normandy invasion and in one there's a story about what a hard time the allies were having reducing hardened concrete bunkers on Omaha beach. It mentioned a U.S. destroyer that charged in so close to the beach in was in danger of running aground. It steamed parallel to the beach back and forth engaging the bunkers at point blank range with it's 5" guns until it ran out of ammo. Heroic action. You heard of that, know the name of that destroyer?
Thanks from Twisted Sister

Last edited by Hollywood; February 14th, 2017 at 09:18 AM. Reason: typo
Hollywood is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 52,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Quote:
Youíre tanned and healthy and living way past average life expectancy. Youíve got a defined benefit pension plan from a large company or government that was created years ago when people didnít understand how horribly these plans can go wrong and now canít afford to meet its liabilities, but you donít care as long as you get your check which you donít really need anyway. And your social security check. And your Medicare reimbursement check. You once hated the government. You smoked pot and protested against Vietnam and President Nixon. That was a long, long time ago.

Life has been good for you. Youíre a baby boomer. You were born between 1946 and the early 1960ís. You had Woodstock and the Stones in the í60s, discos and coke in the í70s, Wall Street in the í80s, Bill Clinton in the í90s and now youíre retiring to Arizona and Florida on the backs of your stressed-out kids whose own children stay at home with them into their 20s because they have no jobs. Tom Brokaw once wrote a book about the greatest generation, those brave people who survived the depression and fought in World War II. Unfortunately that great generation spawned a generation of narcissists: the baby boomers.
Baby Boomers: Five Reasons They Are Our Worst Generation

https://www.google.com/amp/www.phill...?client=safari


IMO this is the #1 reason to get rid of socialized medicine. The baby boomers have fucked up the economy, environment, education, government basiclly they were given. They have left a wake of debt and destruction behind them that will take generations to repair, if it is even reparable. Now that that they are living well past their shelf life in spite of their selfish lifestyles they want everyone else to pay to keep them alive. I say NO!!! You should have planned ahead.

Maybe if you guys would have focused on the things that had made aging gracefully a pleasant experience for previous generations we wouldn't be in this mess. But you guys neglected family and ran through marriages like the shake of the month. You created the single mother plague that we have today and the prison culture. Now there is not the traditional saftey net the the elderly that people in other cultures and the past had. Family. You destroyed the economy and inflated property so dramaticly that your grandchildren cannot afford to buy a home. You fucked up the education system so much that your grandchildren are living w/ your kids, tens of thousands of dollars in debt for worthless degrees. Those could have been, should have been your rooms for you to live off your end days in. You decided that an estate tax was a good thing so when you die your kids will have to sell the house that you leave them (unless the bank takes it) to pay the taxes instead of just keeping it in the family. You have systematically squandered the gifts that were given to you leaving your great grandchildren w/ the tab. Now you want social security and Medicare ontop of it. For shame.
I've been re-reading this for a couple of days now, and I have one question for you.

What the fuck has your generation done?
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 09:29 AM   #37
Ohhhh no
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 6,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
The 73 pound projectile was shot with a 42 pound powder (semi-fixed) and travels over 1800 feet per second from a 5 inch caliber (five inch diameter) with a long barrel, with a 6 pound TNT warhead charge surrounded by case hardened steel. You need a direct hit to kill a tank and we killed two tanks, countless bunkers and other structures. We even shot at a barn because the enemy was hiding inside, exit one barn.

edit: The enemy did not have radar and they determined range by vote and called a bracket. I used 15 seconds but it was much less time than that for the bullet and more like 4 seconds at Quang Tri aka Quaviet River aka DMZ. I don't know why I chose 15 seconds but everyone gets 15 seconds of fame at least once in their lifetime.
Daws77 is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 09:34 AM   #38
Ohhhh no
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 6,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I've been re-reading this for a couple of days now, and I have one question for you.

What the fuck has your generation done?
If he/she is GenX
Their biggest accomplishment is bitching about how boomers had done everything and left them nothing to strive for.
There's also Kurt Cobain.
Daws77 is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 09:46 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 8,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You must have been on a Destroyer.
As an aside, a bit off topic, I've read a number of book about the Normandy invasion and in one there's a story about what a hard time the allies were having reducing hardened concrete bunkers on Omaha beach. It mentioned a U.S. destroyer that charged in so close to the beach in was in danger of running aground. It steamed parallel to the beach back and forth engaging the bunkers at point blank range with it's 5" guns until it ran out of ammo. Heroic action. You heard of that, know the name of that destroyer?
USS Somers DDG-34 (guided missile destroyer) was the fifth Somers and the Navy is not going to make a sixth Somers. The second Somers' Captain had mutiny led by the Secretary of the Navy's son who was a midshipman on board and the ship was at sea but not at time of war. The rebellion was quashed and mutineers hung from the yardarms at sea and still hanging from the after mast when they pulled into port. Big hoopla over that. DDG-34 is the only Somers that served in combat when I was on board.

4000 tons fully loaded, and a WW2 destroyer sailor told me that is a cruiser and he was a good friend of mine so I said yes it was cruiser. Calling a destroyer sailor a cruiser sailor is an insult.

Last edited by Twisted Sister; February 14th, 2017 at 10:22 AM.
Twisted Sister is online now  
Old February 14th, 2017, 09:52 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Baby Boomers: Five Reasons They Are Our Worst Generation

https://www.google.com/amp/www.phill...?client=safari


IMO this is the #1 reason to get rid of socialized medicine. The baby boomers have fucked up the economy, environment, education, government basiclly they were given. They have left a wake of debt and destruction behind them that will take generations to repair, if it is even reparable. Now that that they are living well past their shelf life in spite of their selfish lifestyles they want everyone else to pay to keep them alive. I say NO!!! You should have planned ahead.

Maybe if you guys would have focused on the things that had made aging gracefully a pleasant experience for previous generations we wouldn't be in this mess. But you guys neglected family and ran through marriages like the shake of the month. You created the single mother plague that we have today and the prison culture. Now there is not the traditional saftey net the the elderly that people in other cultures and the past had. Family. You destroyed the economy and inflated property so dramaticly that your grandchildren cannot afford to buy a home. You fucked up the education system so much that your grandchildren are living w/ your kids, tens of thousands of dollars in debt for worthless degrees. Those could have been, should have been your rooms for you to live off your end days in. You decided that an estate tax was a good thing so when you die your kids will have to sell the house that you leave them (unless the bank takes it) to pay the taxes instead of just keeping it in the family. You have systematically squandered the gifts that were given to you leaving your great grandchildren w/ the tab. Now you want social security and Medicare ontop of it. For shame.
Sounds like "WAH, WAH, WAH I don't want to pay for anything, I just want everything I want to be free"

But then again, that's the Libertarian Party Platform isn't it?
Thanks from Daws77
goober is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
baby, boomers, generation, worst



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10 reasons why baby boomers are the worst generation ever Sabcat Political Talk 8 March 24th, 2016 07:28 AM
Advice for baby boomers who gave up cannabis long ago.... imaginethat Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 50 June 21st, 2015 11:51 AM
baby boomers webguy4 Social Issues 21 August 10th, 2014 01:04 PM
Don't fear Baby Boomers. roastpork Money and Finance 1 June 24th, 2014 11:02 AM
Republican Trickle Down Failure Will Punish Baby Boomers Camelot Current Events 64 January 3rd, 2014 07:33 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.