Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree76Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2017, 07:26 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,220
Your article undercuts itself, making you look like the fool you are.

Last edited by imaginethat; March 29th, 2017 at 10:07 AM.
imaginethat is online now  
Old March 29th, 2017, 07:33 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
make it optional and allow open competition and nobody will care.
The "open" competition would most likely result in giving us the same choices we have concerning how much we pay for gasoline.

If you disagree, please explain why.
imaginethat is online now  
Old March 29th, 2017, 07:39 AM   #13
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
The "open" competition would most likely result in giving us the same choices we have concerning how much we pay for gasoline.

If you disagree, please explain why.
I don't because in healthcare, like gas the state is a major cost and its interference is the reason behind skyrocketing prices. But at least in gas I am not paying for someone in Chicago to drive around who I will never see and that has absolutely no positive impact on my life.

If I don't drive I don't pay gas tax. I don't go to the doctor yet I am paying thousands of dollars in healthcare so someone who I could care less if they took another breath can. Bullshit.
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 29th, 2017, 07:46 AM   #14
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I don't because in healthcare, like gas the state is a major cost and its interference is the reason behind skyrocketing prices. But at least in gas I am not paying for someone in Chicago to drive around who I will never see and that has absolutely no positive impact on my life.

If I don't drive I don't pay gas tax. I don't go to the doctor yet I am paying thousands of dollars in healthcare so someone who I could care less if they took another breath can. Bullshit.
That is a valid point. The only argument against it is devoid of logic and based on emotional feelings.
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old March 29th, 2017, 07:54 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I don't because in healthcare, like gas the state is a major cost and its interference is the reason behind skyrocketing prices. But at least in gas I am not paying for someone in Chicago to drive around who I will never see and that has absolutely no positive impact on my life.

If I don't drive I don't pay gas tax. I don't go to the doctor yet I am paying thousands of dollars in healthcare so someone who I could care less if they took another breath can. Bullshit.
The state is not the major cost in the price of gasoline, and gasoline prices aren't skyrocketing like insurance premiums have done for decades.

You didn't answer my question. Try again please.

And sab, you are the poster child for greed. You are the Anti-Hippie.
imaginethat is online now  
Old March 29th, 2017, 08:02 AM   #16
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
The state is not the major cost in the price of gasoline, and gasoline prices aren't skyrocketing like insurance premiums have done for decades.

You didn't answer my question. Try again please.

And sab, you are the poster child for greed. You are the Anti-Hippie.
I believe I did answer your question in my first few words.

Yes taxes and regulations are major factors in gas costs and they have not been skyrocketing as of late.

It's not greed it is unfettered self interest. I am actually a very frugal person and do a fair amount of charity work and donate.
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 29th, 2017, 08:28 AM   #17
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
The state is not the major cost in the price of gasoline, and gasoline prices aren't skyrocketing like insurance premiums have done for decades.

You didn't answer my question. Try again please.

And sab, you are the poster child for greed. You are the Anti-Hippie.
eh?
Quote:
The taxes on retail gasoline and diesel fuel, in cents per gallon, as of January 1, 2017:
Gasoline Diesel
Federal 18.40 24.40
Average of all states 27.30 27.94
https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=10&t=10
coke is offline  
Old March 29th, 2017, 08:54 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
That is a valid point. The only argument against it is devoid of logic and based on emotional feelings.


LIKE I SAID: Frick and Frack
Clara007 is offline  
Old March 29th, 2017, 10:16 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I believe I did answer your question in my first few words.

Yes taxes and regulations are major factors in gas costs and they have not been skyrocketing as of late.

It's not greed it is unfettered self interest. I am actually a very frugal person and do a fair amount of charity work and donate.
You did not honor my request:
The "open" competition would most likely result in giving us the same choices we have concerning how much we pay for gasoline.

If you disagree, please explain why
.
This did not answer my request:
I don't because in healthcare, like gas the state is a major cost and its interference is the reason behind skyrocketing prices.
Please honor my request, or just admit that no reason exists to believe insurance companies, like oil companies, wouldn't collude, er, legally, regarding the cost of insurance.



edit: would to wouldn't

Last edited by imaginethat; March 29th, 2017 at 10:21 AM.
imaginethat is online now  
Old March 30th, 2017, 04:16 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 1,223
As everybody except right-wing Americans knows, the NHS is hugely more efficient than the American private system, which costs twice as much, and, if the Tories would spend the normal proportion of GDP on it, it would give us no serious problems at all. It must be odd, living in a closed private universe based on greed, selfishness and spite.
Thanks from imaginethat and Clara007
iolo is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
medicare, work



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are you on medicare? Better see this.... dusty Current Events 2 October 8th, 2015 08:16 AM
Option II: It's STILL Medicare-For-ALL! Medicine Man Current Events 19 May 23rd, 2014 09:30 PM
Medicare $pending!!!!! Medicine Man Current Events 20 April 14th, 2014 06:45 AM
Medicare, For ALL!!!! Medicine Man Current Events 36 December 8th, 2013 03:11 AM
Obamacare, Medicare, Welfare ? ChaimaBe Current Events 17 September 25th, 2013 09:40 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.