Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree76Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2017, 04:02 PM   #41
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
These folks:
There is no medical organization that disputes that the US is world leader in medical advancements.
Your point is invalid unless you know that the same advancements - please provide an example - would NOT have been created by other countries.
My point is valid unless you know what advancement would have come from another country. Here is what private research has created from revenue since 1996:

Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 04:52 PM   #42
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You mean, we can start talking about it, like, never?

You left out Japan and Australia, among other nations. And if you stop and think about it, our defense needs would be far less if we stopped provoking conflicts across the globe.
Well, I left out a lot of places due to the fact I did not want to write an essay. Exactly, we need to stop this regime change nonsense. We need to cut back on our over sea's military. We need to put the entire world on notice we are not going to be the policeman. Europe needs to deal with its own problems and so does Australia and Japan. The only thing that I would maintain, and its is actually a Constitutional duty, is keeping all sea lanes open for trade. So that would keep a US presence in strategic choke points an such. Singapore would probably still have the US big stick as example.
coke is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 04:54 PM   #43
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
We can have national health care, sure. But be realistic. We will trade quality for quantity and it will stymie medical advancements. The fact is, that like our military, the rest of the world piggy backs off the medical expenses incurred upon the people of the United States.
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 06:38 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
We can have national health care, sure. But be realistic. We will trade quality for quantity and it will stymie medical advancements. The fact is, that like our military, the rest of the world piggy backs off the medical expenses incurred upon the people of the United States.
With National Health we would save hundreds of billions of dollars a year.
Some of which could be used to finance research.
We could finance the same amount of research being done now, and still save hundreds of billions of dollars.

The massive inefficiencies of the current system doom it.
Markets just don't work for health care.
Thanks from imaginethat
goober is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:11 PM   #45
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
With National Health we would save hundreds of billions of dollars a year.
Some of which could be used to finance research.
We could finance the same amount of research being done now, and still save hundreds of billions of dollars.

The massive inefficiencies of the current system doom it.
Markets just don't work for health care.
You want to place the control of your life into the hands of the government because you are a collectivist. Individualists wish to retain that control themselves.

You cannot convince a person who values personal liberty above all else otherwise.
Thanks from Jimmyb
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:20 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
My point is valid unless you know what advancement would have come from another country. Here is what private research has created from revenue since 1996:

Please translate that chart, or provide a link I can examine.
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:29 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
We can have national health care, sure. But be realistic. We will trade quality for quantity and it will stymie medical advancements. The fact is, that like our military, the rest of the world piggy backs off the medical expenses incurred upon the people of the United States.
I fail to understand why people defend other people who are screwing them over.

Being realistic means not making predictions that cannot be substantiated.

The rest of the world piggy backs us? I'd indict, for starts, pharmaceutical CEOs who, as you say, use the American citizens' healthcare dollars and fears to rape us so they can sell their product worldwide.

That's something Trump could do that I would support. But guess what? He'll never do it. He'll protect the income of his corporate buddies first ... and, good people will defend his doing so.
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:37 PM   #48
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Please translate that chart, or provide a link I can examine.
The number of papers and citations of the top 20 countries regarding medicine innovations since 1996:

SJR - International Science Ranking
Thanks from imaginethat
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:40 PM   #49
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I fail to understand why people defend other people who are screwing them over.

Being realistic means not making predictions that cannot be substantiated.

The rest of the world piggy backs us? I'd indict, for starts, pharmaceutical CEOs who, as you say, use the American citizens' healthcare dollars and fears to rape us so they can sell their product worldwide.

That's something Trump could do that I would support. But guess what? He'll never do it. He'll protect the income of his corporate buddies first ... and, good people will defend his doing so.
What business is it of yours or anyone else what a private sector company pays their CEO?
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:55 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
What business is it of yours or anyone else what a private sector company pays their CEO?
How many homes, planes, boats and expensive cars would it take to make you happy?'

These overfed CEOs demonstrate money addiction.

To repeat, I fail to understand why people defend other people who are screwing them over and enjoying it.
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
medicare, work



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are you on medicare? Better see this.... dusty Current Events 2 October 8th, 2015 08:16 AM
Option II: It's STILL Medicare-For-ALL! Medicine Man Current Events 19 May 23rd, 2014 09:30 PM
Medicare $pending!!!!! Medicine Man Current Events 20 April 14th, 2014 06:45 AM
Medicare, For ALL!!!! Medicine Man Current Events 36 December 8th, 2013 03:11 AM
Obamacare, Medicare, Welfare ? ChaimaBe Current Events 17 September 25th, 2013 09:40 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.