Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree62Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2017, 09:34 PM   #91
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
You claiming a "trap" is not a justification of your hypocritical opinions. This is as mindless as Palin whining of a "gotcha" situation.
Pointing out the hypocrisy is not "disingenuous", except maybe on your part for refusing to admit or even trying to consolidate the hypocrisy.

And this is yet another example of you trying to change the focus to avoid the hypocrisy of your position.
You try to focus the issue on something else to avoid ignoring the logical deficit in your argument.

Can't justify why you think the grass is purple?
Quick! Focus on the color of the sky instead.

You say you oppose socialism, but you also support it. You don't even try to deny you that school vouchers are socialist.
You support taking money from taxpayers and eliminating their choice in the implementation of that money on school issues.
You support giving that money to parents who have not used that money so they can fund choices they could not make otherwise.

You support some forms of socialism (which are convenient for you to favor) as you condemn other forms...
And you have no justification for this hypocrisy.
Here is the question I have posed on this thread.

Why is it good for society to take resorces from the young and productive and give them to the old an dying?

That is it.

You have not proved that I support socialism. This is only a claim that you are making on an argument on another thread.

If you can go to that thread and prove that my position on that thread is me comming from a POV of socialism maybe, then maybe you will have a point. But as you have already stated you are not going to do that.

So here we are, you playing the part of a chess playing pigeon.

This was amusing. Thanks for the conversation. At least it was a bit stimulating, not just the SOS. Trump bad, me mad. Identity politics and all that noise.
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 7th, 2017, 09:47 PM   #92
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,714
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Here is the question I have posed on this thread.
Why is it good for society to take resorces from the young and productive and give them to the old an dying?
And this is yet another example of you trying to change the focus to avoid the hypocrisy of your position.
You try to focus the issue on something else to avoid ignoring the logical deficit in your position.

Can't justify why you think the grass is purple?
Quick! Focus on the color of the sky instead.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
You have not proved that I support socialism. This is only a claim that you are making on an argument on another thread.
It's not a claim that you supported school vouchers in another thread.
That is a fact.

Anybody can look at school vouchers and recognize they are socialist in their approach.
You support taking money from taxpayers and eliminating their choice in the implementation of that money on school issues.
You support giving that money to parents who have not used that money so they can fund choices they could not make otherwise.
Not once have you ever denied this is socialist.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
If you can go to that thread and prove that my position on that thread is me comming from a POV of socialism maybe, then maybe you will have a point. But as you have already stated you are not going to do that.
You seem to think that what you are willing to admit is important here.
It isn't.

The funny thing here is that your comments are not asking for proof of an argument or a refutation of a point. Instead, you want me to go to another thread to post about something you said on this thread.
Because on this thread, you don't want to talk about something you said on the other thread.
It's a mindless catch-22 you want to institute. Boringly obvious.

Whether or not you admit school vouchers are socialist is not relevant.
You can't even try to argue they aren't. Because they are.
All you do is keep repeating yourself without even trying to discuss the point.
You keep throwing out meaningless requirements like *go discuss it on the other thread* when this is a b.s. requirement because you stated your objection to socialism on THIS thread.

What's really hilarious about you whining about bringing up another topic is how on the other thread you brought up healthcare. The hypocrisy your position readily demonstrates is amusing but repetitively redundant.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
So here we are, you playing the part of a chess playing pigeon.
And you're back to ad hominem attacks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
This was amusing. Thanks for the conversation. At least it was a bit stimulating, not just the SOS. Trump bad, me mad. Identity politics and all that noise.
And here you try to obfuscate with all sorts of crap I never said here.

Last edited by foundit66; May 7th, 2017 at 09:50 PM.
foundit66 is offline  
Old May 7th, 2017, 10:05 PM   #93
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
And this is yet another example of you trying to change the focus to avoid the hypocrisy of your position.
You try to focus the issue on something else to avoid ignoring the logical deficit in your position.

Can't justify why you think the grass is purple?
Quick! Focus on the color of the sky instead.



It's not a claim that you supported school vouchers in another thread.
That is a fact.

Anybody can look at school vouchers and recognize they are socialist in their approach.
You support taking money from taxpayers and eliminating their choice in the implementation of that money on school issues.
You support giving that money to parents who have not used that money so they can fund choices they could not make otherwise.
Not once have you ever denied this is socialist.



You seem to think that what you are willing to admit is important here.
It isn't.

The funny thing here is that your comments are not asking for proof of an argument or a refutation of a point. Instead, you want me to go to another thread to post about something you said on this thread.
Because on this thread, you don't want to talk about something you said on the other thread.
It's a mindless catch-22 you want to institute. Boringly obvious.

Whether or not you admit school vouchers are socialist is not relevant.
You can't even try to argue they aren't. Because they are.
All you do is keep repeating yourself without even trying to discuss the point.
You keep throwing out meaningless requirements like *go discuss it on the other thread* when this is a b.s. requirement because you stated your objection to socialism on THIS thread.

What's really hilarious about you whining about bringing up another topic is how on the other thread you brought up healthcare. The hypocrisy your position readily demonstrates is amusing but repetitively redundant.



And you're back to ad hominem attacks.




And here you try to obfuscate with all sorts of crap I never said here.

Because that is my position in this argument. That is where we are at in this argument.

The school voucher argument is an entirely different subject. My POV on that is not socialism. It is completely pointless to have that discussion here when there is another thread on the subject. You claim that I have supported socialism there when in fact I have not. You lost the argument apparently there so you want to bring it over here for some reason or another and start it from the middle. It is silly.

My POV on this subject has not swayed.


Not an ad hominem a tongue in cheek observation.


That was not me trying to put words in your mouth, a joke about the general conversations on this site of late. Get it. Trump bad. Me mad. Open up any thread and the odds are that is what it buckles down to.

Last edited by Sabcat; May 7th, 2017 at 10:09 PM.
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 7th, 2017, 10:20 PM   #94
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,714
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Because that is my position in this argument. That is where we are at in this argument.
The school voucher argument is an entirely different subject. My POV on that is not socialism.
This is like denying the sky is blue or the grass is green.
School vouchers ARE socialism.

You support taking money from taxpayers and eliminating their choice in the implementation of that money on school issues.
You support giving that money to parents who have not used that money so they can fund choices they could not make otherwise.
Do you deny this description is accurate?
No. Of course you don't. You just refuse to admit that is socialism.

Over and over again you try this blind denial tactic where you make claims but offer no justification. Proclaiming school vouchers aren't socialism is just your latest iteration of that.
This method of arguing is innately flawed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
It is completely pointless to have that discussion here when there is another thread on the subject. You claim that I have supported socialism there when in fact I have not. You lost the argument apparently there so you want to bring it over here for some reason or another and start it from the middle. It is silly.
I have lost no argument.
You simply refuse to admit that school vouchers are socialism. But you offer no justification for that claim.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
My POV on this subject has not swayed.
Stubbornness is not indicative of winning an argument.
By that metric, this site is filled with people who have never lost an argument...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Not an ad hominem a tongue in cheek observation.
It is your lie that it is not ad hominem.
Ad Hominem is (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
You saying: "you playing the part of a chess playing pigeon." is ad hominem, regardless of whether you have the honesty to admit it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
That was not me trying to put words in your mouth, a joke about the general conversations on this site of late. Get it. Trump bad. Me mad. Open up any thread and the odds are that is what it buckles down to.
More of your misrepresentation of the facts.

Last edited by foundit66; May 8th, 2017 at 06:47 AM.
foundit66 is offline  
Old May 8th, 2017, 03:11 AM   #95
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 1,265
'You are a communist foreigner. Your opinion on how we, a free, capititist society do anything is completely irrelevant'.

I don't normally see Sabcat's posts, and if this is anything to go by I am not missing much. As a democratic socialist I don't believe in your nasty capitalist dictatorship, arse-licker, and don't see why it should be allowed to murder decent Americans, many of whom are my relations. Get a time-machine and bugger off back where you belong, scumbag dear!
Thanks from Clara007
iolo is online now  
Old May 8th, 2017, 04:32 AM   #96
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolo View Post
'You are a communist foreigner. Your opinion on how we, a free, capititist society do anything is completely irrelevant'.

I don't normally see Sabcat's posts, and if this is anything to go by I am not missing much. As a democratic socialist I don't believe in your nasty capitalist dictatorship, arse-licker, and don't see why it should be allowed to murder decent Americans, many of whom are my relations. Get a time-machine and bugger off back where you belong, scumbag dear!
Arrogant famous last words......
Toefoot is offline  
Old May 8th, 2017, 06:03 AM   #97
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
Arrogant famous last words......
In context Toefoot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolo
At the moment, if you 'keep government out' of healthcare, you hand it to profiteers who don't give a whatsit if you live or die, as long as they make money. This, I would point out, is equivalent to murder
You are a communist foreigner. Your opinion on how we, a free, capititist society do anything is completely irrelevant.
He is a foreigner and may be a communist but that doesn't change the fact that he's absolutely correct;
He's absolutely correct.
Thanks from iolo and Hollywood
imaginethat is offline  
Old May 8th, 2017, 06:50 AM   #98
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
In context Toefoot:



He's absolutely correct.
Opinion noted.
Toefoot is offline  
Old May 8th, 2017, 07:33 AM   #99
Banned
 
Santa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West
Posts: 420
The differences in the Medicare/Medicaid and ACA plans is actually cost controls. The Gov simply tells the Dr's what they will pay and says take it or leave it. That would very difficult to do on a Macro Scale.
Santa is offline  
Old May 8th, 2017, 07:43 AM   #100
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
The differences in the Medicare/Medicaid and ACA plans is actually cost controls. The Gov simply tells the Dr's what they will pay and says take it or leave it. That would very difficult to do on a Macro Scale.
Yes, under the current conditions. But, it could be done if the left would be willing to give up their love of government power and control and the right would finally accept single payer is the best solution. What I mean is, that we would have to allow free market with prescription pills in the same manner we do with food. If i can eat food from another nation, I should be able to take a pill from that nation as well.
username is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
american, sickness



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Sickness Spreadd Ishmael Pequod Political Talk 31 April 24th, 2014 12:14 PM
American Slaves,Not American Citizens Noska Americas 6 April 20th, 2014 10:49 AM
Presidential Proclamation -- Pan American Day and Pan American Week, 2014 The White House The White House 0 April 11th, 2014 12:50 PM
Presidential Proclamation -- Pan American Day and Pan American Week, 2013 The White House The White House 0 April 15th, 2013 06:41 AM
Pc Sickness In America Tony Perkins Current Events 4 January 20th, 2012 05:49 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.