Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree62Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2017, 06:34 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
I can argue that by government policy of picking and choosing winners and losers with quality of life this is already semi taking place.

MEDICARE.
Explain EXACTLY what you mean by the "government policy of picking and choosing winners and losers."
Hollywood is online now  
Old May 7th, 2017, 08:52 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Explain EXACTLY what you mean by the "government policy of picking and choosing winners and losers."
Do I have to pull your drivers license and increase your meds? Please review this thread and get up to speed on things.
Thanks from imaginethat and Sabcat
Toefoot is offline  
Old May 7th, 2017, 11:03 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
Do I have to pull your drivers license and increase your meds? Please review this thread and get up to speed on things.
That's bullshit and you know it, or at least you should.
I asked you a question. If you cannot or will not answer it then just be a man and say so.

It's retarded for you to pretend you have either the authority or ability to do anything such as you say. What is it about these forums that makes you people talk like snotty 12 year old kids?

Last edited by Hollywood; May 7th, 2017 at 11:06 AM. Reason: typo
Hollywood is online now  
Old May 7th, 2017, 04:37 PM   #74
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,934
Sabcat, you need to wrap your head around the fact that my posting in this thread is completely separate from our voucher discussion on the other thread.
You think I am confused when in fact it is you who can't grasp the point I am making.

My point is you claim to oppose giving resources from people who have worked hard for them to people who have not worked for those resources.
That is exactly what school vouchers do when they take tax money from people who work hard and pay taxes and give that money for the private choices of parents who can't afford private schools.
While we have a socialist education system whereby the government takes taxpayer money and builds schools and pays teachers, school vouchers are MORE OF a system of *giving resources from people who have worked hard for them to people who have not worked for those resources*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
If you are going to insist on jumbling threads up in attempt to strengthen your point try and recall that my base position on education is to completely dissolve the department of education.
You have voiced support for DIFFERENT positions.
You have also expressed support FOR SCHOOL VOUCHERS.
So stop with this b.s. approach of jumping ship when your position is exposed and proclaiming "but I'd really rather have ____".

Because you'll never outright achieve your proclaimed goal.
And I'm talking about your voucher support position.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
My position on the voucher system is an attempt to work w/in that position.
Your position on the voucher system is to espouse socialism whereby tax money is taken from people who worked hard for it and that money is given to people who have not worked for that money to make personal / private choices on private school education.
That's socialism.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I fully believe that the education system is broken and that if we are going to take wealth from the population for the soul purpose of educating children we should allow open competition for those funds. What we have been doing clearly has not been working.
Sayeth you.
Open competition already exists.
What you want to do is take that wealth "from the population" and remove their choice regarding how that money should be spent.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Jesus fuck. Wrong thread.
Again, I'm exposing the fact that YOU SUPPORT CAPITALISM.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Talk about making assumptions!!! When did I ever say anything about pre Obama or post Obama?
Not only did you not say that, I was not saying you did.
Wow. Way to totally miss the point I was making.

The point is we have always been a socialist country regarding providing healthcare to people who cannot pay. Even before Obama.
And instead of addressing that, either you completely fail to grasp the point or you dishonestly attempt to obfuscate it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
My point, question from the moment I posted on this thread was/is what does society gain from taking resorces by force from the young and able part of society to keep the old and dying alive?
I address what you have said.
You attempt to move the goal-posts and avoid justifying your previous statements.

Another poster already exposed the fact that your comments scream of the "death panel" endorsement.
And you didn't want to address that fact either...


Quote:
Originally Posted by iolo View Post
At the moment, if you 'keep government out' of healthcare, you hand it to profiteers who don't give a whatsit if you live or die, as long as they make money. This, I would point out, is equivalent to murder.
I was trying to make that point earlier as well.

People keep failing to grasp that a more capitalistic method of healthcare still has a LOT of the same problems that "socialist" methods have.
Thanks from Clara007

Last edited by foundit66; May 7th, 2017 at 05:19 PM.
foundit66 is offline  
Old May 7th, 2017, 08:32 PM   #75
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Sabcat, you need to wrap your head around the fact that my posting in this thread is completely separate from our voucher discussion on the other thread.
You think I am confused when in fact it is you who can't grasp the point I am making.

My point is you claim to oppose giving resources from people who have worked hard for them to people who have not worked for those resources.
That is exactly what school vouchers do when they take tax money from people who work hard and pay taxes and give that money for the private choices of parents who can't afford private schools.
While we have a socialist education system whereby the government takes taxpayer money and builds schools and pays teachers, school vouchers are MORE OF a system of *giving resources from people who have worked hard for them to people who have not worked for those resources*


You have voiced support for DIFFERENT positions.
You have also expressed support FOR SCHOOL VOUCHERS.
So stop with this b.s. approach of jumping ship when your position is exposed and proclaiming "but I'd really rather have ____".

Because you'll never outright achieve your proclaimed goal.
And I'm talking about your voucher support position.



Your position on the voucher system is to espouse socialism whereby tax money is taken from people who worked hard for it and that money is given to people who have not worked for that money to make personal / private choices on private school education.
That's socialism.



Sayeth you.
Open competition already exists.
What you want to do is take that wealth "from the population" and remove their choice regarding how that money should be spent.



Again, I'm exposing the fact that YOU SUPPORT CAPITALISM.



Not only did you not say that, I was not saying you did.
Wow. Way to totally miss the point I was making.

The point is we have always been a socialist country regarding providing healthcare to people who cannot pay. Even before Obama.
And instead of addressing that, either you completely fail to grasp the point or you dishonestly attempt to obfuscate it.



I address what you have said.
You attempt to move the goal-posts and avoid justifying your previous statements.

Another poster already exposed the fact that your comments scream of the "death panel" endorsement.
And you didn't want to address that fact either...



I was trying to make that point earlier as well.

People keep failing to grasp that a more capitalistic method of healthcare still has a LOT of the same problems that "socialist" methods have.


Dude. They are two seperate threads and two completely different arguments for fucks sake!!!!

You do comprehend the concept of debate?

You are trying to point out that I support capitalism? well Jesus Christ you got me. Now what am I to do?
Thanks from Jimmyb
Sabcat is online now  
Old May 7th, 2017, 08:55 PM   #76
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Dude. They are two seperate threads and two completely different arguments for fucks sake!!!!
You do comprehend the concept of debate?
You are trying to point out that I support capitalism? well Jesus Christ you got me. Now what am I to do?
Do you understand the concept of an analogy?
ESPECIALLY when one exposes an inconsistency in the policies held by another person?
In this case, regarding a form of socialism you have openly endorsed.

And the point (which I now recognize you are consciously and deceitfully trying to avoid) is that you support socialism when it comes to education money.

You support taking money from taxpayers (who earned it) to give to parents which have not earned that money so those parents can make choices that the taxpayers are excluded from.

Keep cutting and pasting around this fact and I'll keep repeating it...

Last edited by foundit66; May 7th, 2017 at 08:59 PM.
foundit66 is offline  
Old May 7th, 2017, 09:13 PM   #77
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Do you understand the concept of an analogy?
ESPECIALLY when one exposes an inconsistency in the policies held by another person?
In this case, regarding a form of socialism you have openly endorsed.

And the point (which I now recognize you are consciously and deceitfully trying to avoid) is that you support socialism when it comes to education money.

You support taking money from taxpayers (who earned it) to give to parents which have not earned that money so those parents can make choices that the taxpayers are excluded from.

Keep cutting and pasting around this fact and I'll keep repeating it...


In debate you take a position. There is no reason that they are required to line up w/ any other given topic or line of thought. A thread is a singular debate. Facts are presented and arguments are made.

My general position in this forum, over all is the elimination of government, period. Just because you cannot see how the relation between the two very seperate topics is not my fault. I see no reason to clutter this thread up, holding your hand and explaining the economics between my views on the two.

Your need to try and join them is only more evident that you do not have an argument for either one.

You just appear silly and petty.
Thanks from Jimmyb

Last edited by Sabcat; May 7th, 2017 at 09:23 PM.
Sabcat is online now  
Old May 7th, 2017, 09:20 PM   #78
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
In debate you take a position. There is no reason that they are required to line up w/ any other given topic or line of thought. A thread is a singular debate. Facts are presented and arguments are made.
My general position in this forum, over all is the elimination of government, period. Just because you cannot see how the two relate w/ one and other on the two very seperate topics is not my fault. I see no reason to clutter this thread up, holding your hand and explaining the economics between my views on the two.
You keep trying to obfuscate the facts.
You support socialism when it comes to education.
Period.

You try to rabidly attack socialism as stealing from the productive for the unproductive.
But the truth is you support that with regards to education.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Your need to try and join the two is only more evident that you do not have an argument for either one.
You just appear silly and petty.
I am amused at how your responses indicate you yourself recognize the hypocrisy you present.
And your only response is to resort to ad hominem attacks.

THAT is the indication of somebody who doesn't have an argument...
foundit66 is offline  
Old May 7th, 2017, 09:28 PM   #79
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
You keep trying to obfuscate the facts.
You support socialism when it comes to education.
Period.

You try to rabidly attack socialism as stealing from the productive for the unproductive.
But the truth is you support that with regards to education.



I am amused at how your responses indicate you yourself recognize the hypocrisy you present.
And your only response is to resort to ad hominem attacks.

THAT is the indication of somebody who doesn't have an argument...

Argue the topic, my position on another thread is completely irrelevant. You have a point or you do not.

I find it amusing that you keep bringing up ad hominem, are you projecting here pumpkin?


You think I support socialism in that thread, go over to THAT THREAD and attemp to make that point.

Last edited by Sabcat; May 7th, 2017 at 09:31 PM.
Sabcat is online now  
Old May 7th, 2017, 09:31 PM   #80
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Argue the topic, my position on another thread is completely irrelevant. You have a point or you do not.
I am arguing the topic.
People's rabid attacks on socialism are often mindless and without intelligible consistency. The people who form the attacks often SUPPORT socialism, when it suits their purposes...

You can't even explain why one form is bad and another is good.
You can't even try.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I find it amusing that you keep bringing up ad hominem, are you projecting here pumpkin?
I documented your ad hominem.
If you are trying to insinuate (without actually showing) my ad hominem, that's a lazy attempt at an argument. Either document where I have committed ad hominem or admit you've got nothing...
foundit66 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
american, sickness



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Sickness Spreadd Ishmael Pequod Political Talk 31 April 24th, 2014 01:14 PM
American Slaves,Not American Citizens Noska Americas 6 April 20th, 2014 11:49 AM
Presidential Proclamation -- Pan American Day and Pan American Week, 2014 The White House The White House 0 April 11th, 2014 01:50 PM
Presidential Proclamation -- Pan American Day and Pan American Week, 2013 The White House The White House 0 April 15th, 2013 07:41 AM
Pc Sickness In America Tony Perkins Current Events 4 January 20th, 2012 06:49 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.