Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree10Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2017, 05:18 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You both are in my prayers, my heart.

Are you aware of this?
Cannabis May Help Rejuvenate the Aging Brain and Ward Off Dementia

Story at-a-glance

THC has a beneficial influence on the aging brain, reversing the aging process and improving cognitive function, raising the possibility it might be useful for the treatment of dementia in the elderly

18-month-old mice given THC at 2, 12 and 18 months demonstrated cognitive skills equal to 2-month-old controls, while the placebo group suffered cognitive deterioration associated with aging

Previous research has also shown low-dose THC directly impedes buildup of beta amyloid plaque in the brain (a hallmark of Alzheimer’s) and enhances mitochondrial function in the brain
Cannabis May Help Rejuvenate Aging Brain and Ward Off Dementia


Thanks, IT. No. I was not aware of that. We have been doing lots of research and have attended local seminars on Alzheimers--have learned a lot. Despite all the research, billions of dollars and great minds, most neurologists admit there's no cure in sight, but meds like Aricept slow down the process. It's a very strange disease. Good days and really bad days--depression--mood swings, etc. It's tough on the caregiver (me--at least for now) and no happy ending in sight. So we do the best we can.
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 24th, 2017, 11:57 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Thanks, IT. No. I was not aware of that. We have been doing lots of research and have attended local seminars on Alzheimers--have learned a lot. Despite all the research, billions of dollars and great minds, most neurologists admit there's no cure in sight, but meds like Aricept slow down the process. It's a very strange disease. Good days and really bad days--depression--mood swings, etc. It's tough on the caregiver (me--at least for now) and no happy ending in sight. So we do the best we can.
Take main street medicine practitioners at their word. They neither know what causes nor what cures Alzheimer's. You're on your own.

I strongly suggest you look into cannabis. A report:

The Potential Therapeutic Effects of THC on Alzheimer's Disease

Another:

Safety and Efficacy of Medical Cannabis Oil for Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia: An-Open Label, Add-On, Pilot Study

If you go this route, do not use any pharmaceutical THC pills. Use a cannabis extract, or just use cannabis either vaped or edibles.

Now I know AG Sessions said good people don't use mary-wana, but he's wrong.
Thanks from Sabcat and Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old June 25th, 2017, 12:45 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
For those of you who don't want to read the 142 page "secret", small group, all-male document, which has now been released, here are 9 things to know.

The long and short of it is that of course our GOP friends want to HELP the 1% because God knows how they've suffered with the cost of health care.
The bill takes 25 pages to get to perhaps its most significant effect: a massive tax cut, with most of the benefits going to the wealthiest Americans. Like the health care bill that passed the House last month, the Senate’s legislation ditches all of Obamacare’s taxes and pays for that move by slashing spending on Medicaid—both Obamacare’s expansion of Medicaid and general Medicaid funding.
This is devastating news for our rural communities and patients. Hundreds of rural hospitals are struggling to stay open. Reminder: Medicaid is public health insurance for low-income families, children and elderly Americans, as well as people with disabilities.

But take a look--if interested--and make up your own mind.

9 Things To Know About The Senate Health Care Bill : Shots - Health News : NPR
Clinton or conservative president Kasich ??
McCoy is offline  
Old June 25th, 2017, 04:27 PM   #14
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Take main street medicine practitioners at their word. They neither know what causes nor what cures Alzheimer's. You're on your own.

I strongly suggest you look into cannabis. A report:

The Potential Therapeutic Effects of THC on Alzheimer's Disease

Another:

Safety and Efficacy of Medical Cannabis Oil for Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia: An-Open Label, Add-On, Pilot Study

If you go this route, do not use any pharmaceutical THC pills. Use a cannabis extract, or just use cannabis either vaped or edibles.

Now I know AG Sessions said good people don't use mary-wana, but he's wrong.
Marinol is poision. It has killed 100% more people.

If you have medical in your state you may be able to get hemp oil over the counter.

There are YouTubes of people demonstrating the positive effects of both oil and the plant itself. Look up the symptoms and THC the results are amazing. Take everything w/ a grain of salt and they are not scientific studies. IMO the results far outweigh any negitive side effects that may come up especially in the twilight years. Furthermore I know a number of people who have been able to remove dangerous pharm. drugs and replace them w/ natural regiments.

One has to ask themselves what the goal is. Is it to just extend their lifespan as long as possible or to maximize the quality of the remaining years.
Thanks from imaginethat
Sabcat is offline  
Old June 25th, 2017, 09:45 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Marinol is poision. It has killed 100% more people.

If you have medical in your state you may be able to get hemp oil over the counter.

There are YouTubes of people demonstrating the positive effects of both oil and the plant itself. Look up the symptoms and THC the results are amazing. Take everything w/ a grain of salt and they are not scientific studies. IMO the results far outweigh any negitive side effects that may come up especially in the twilight years. Furthermore I know a number of people who have been able to remove dangerous pharm. drugs and replace them w/ natural regiments.

One has to ask themselves what the goal is. Is it to just extend their lifespan as long as possible or to maximize the quality of the remaining years.
Amen.
imaginethat is offline  
Old June 25th, 2017, 09:59 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
For those of you who don't want to read the 142 page "secret", small group, all-male document, which has now been released, here are 9 things to know.

The long and short of it is that of course our GOP friends want to HELP the 1% because God knows how they've suffered with the cost of health care.
The bill takes 25 pages to get to perhaps its most significant effect: a massive tax cut, with most of the benefits going to the wealthiest Americans. Like the health care bill that passed the House last month, the Senate’s legislation ditches all of Obamacare’s taxes and pays for that move by slashing spending on Medicaid—both Obamacare’s expansion of Medicaid and general Medicaid funding.
This is devastating news for our rural communities and patients. Hundreds of rural hospitals are struggling to stay open. Reminder: Medicaid is public health insurance for low-income families, children and elderly Americans, as well as people with disabilities.

But take a look--if interested--and make up your own mind.

9 Things To Know About The Senate Health Care Bill : Shots - Health News : NPR
Hospitals are big business and rural hospitals are satellite hospitals owned by big hospitals to help the poor. In any business there has to be throughput and not enough people go to hospitals in rural areas.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
bill, losses, senate, wins



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama on Senate bill: It's 'not a health care bill' Sabcat Political Humor 49 June 28th, 2017 03:09 AM
Big Bill wins again. roastpork Current Events 3 March 6th, 2015 03:24 PM
Tn Senate Passes "don't Say Gay" Bill tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 3 April 26th, 2011 07:22 AM
Democrat wins Montana Senate seat, CNN projects CNN Current Events 2 November 8th, 2006 11:32 AM
Democrat wins Montana Senate seat, CNN projects Current Events 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.