Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree10Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2017, 05:19 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,949
Wins and Losses under Senate HC Bill

For those of you who don't want to read the 142 page "secret", small group, all-male document, which has now been released, here are 9 things to know.

The long and short of it is that of course our GOP friends want to HELP the 1% because God knows how they've suffered with the cost of health care.
The bill takes 25 pages to get to perhaps its most significant effect: a massive tax cut, with most of the benefits going to the wealthiest Americans. Like the health care bill that passed the House last month, the Senate’s legislation ditches all of Obamacare’s taxes and pays for that move by slashing spending on Medicaid—both Obamacare’s expansion of Medicaid and general Medicaid funding.
This is devastating news for our rural communities and patients. Hundreds of rural hospitals are struggling to stay open. Reminder: Medicaid is public health insurance for low-income families, children and elderly Americans, as well as people with disabilities.

But take a look--if interested--and make up your own mind.

9 Things To Know About The Senate Health Care Bill : Shots - Health News : NPR
Thanks from Camelot
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2017, 05:29 AM   #2
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,769
They wish to devastate Medicaid at a time when the incidence of dementia/Alzheimer's among the Baby Boom generation is expected to double. Palliative specialists refer to this coming explosion as the "Silver Tsunami". Most nursing home patients outlive their assets and depend on Medicaid. All so that the wealthy can receive a modest stipend.
Camelot is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2017, 06:13 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
For those of you who don't want to read the 142 page "secret", small group, all-male document, which has now been released, here are 9 things to know.

The long and short of it is that of course our GOP friends want to HELP the 1% because God knows how they've suffered with the cost of health care.
The bill takes 25 pages to get to perhaps its most significant effect: a massive tax cut, with most of the benefits going to the wealthiest Americans. Like the health care bill that passed the House last month, the Senate’s legislation ditches all of Obamacare’s taxes and pays for that move by slashing spending on Medicaid—both Obamacare’s expansion of Medicaid and general Medicaid funding.
This is devastating news for our rural communities and patients. Hundreds of rural hospitals are struggling to stay open. Reminder: Medicaid is public health insurance for low-income families, children and elderly Americans, as well as people with disabilities.

But take a look--if interested--and make up your own mind.

9 Things To Know About The Senate Health Care Bill : Shots - Health News : NPR
You gotta love this from the Senate bill:

Federal funding for Medicaid expansion phases out between 2021 and 2023.


Until after the 2020 election. Smart move. I'm guessing some significant percentage of Trump supporters are using Medicaid, so it makes sense to put off screwing them.
Thanks from catus felis, Camelot and Clara007
imaginethat is online now  
Old June 23rd, 2017, 08:51 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
They wish to devastate Medicaid at a time when the incidence of dementia/Alzheimer's among the Baby Boom generation is expected to double. Palliative specialists refer to this coming explosion as the "Silver Tsunami". Most nursing home patients outlive their assets and depend on Medicaid. All so that the wealthy can receive a modest stipend.


Tell me about it. Mr. Clara has been diagnosed with pathway. I've been looking into senior living/care facilities in our area. We live in a retirement community so there are some beautiful places with lifetime care. Here's the problem. A "cottage" (2 bed/2 bath) is $5000-$6000/mo. Now that does include everything except phone and internet, but still.....I mean who knows how long we'll need it. OR we could stay in our home and hire help which will cost about the same.
Old age sucks.
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2017, 11:03 AM   #5
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Tell me about it. Mr. Clara has been diagnosed with pathway. I've been looking into senior living/care facilities in our area. We live in a retirement community so there are some beautiful places with lifetime care. Here's the problem. A "cottage" (2 bed/2 bath) is $5000-$6000/mo. Now that does include everything except phone and internet, but still.....I mean who knows how long we'll need it. OR we could stay in our home and hire help which will cost about the same.
Old age sucks.
I feel for you Clara. I have on hands experience with the issues confronting you. The average nursing home care facility costs $90,000 a year. Home hospice is a good option until the final stage has been reached.
Thanks from Clara007
Camelot is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2017, 11:18 AM   #6
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Tell me about it. Mr. Clara has been diagnosed with pathway. I've been looking into senior living/care facilities in our area. We live in a retirement community so there are some beautiful places with lifetime care. Here's the problem. A "cottage" (2 bed/2 bath) is $5000-$6000/mo. Now that does include everything except phone and internet, but still.....I mean who knows how long we'll need it. OR we could stay in our home and hire help which will cost about the same.
Old age sucks.
My thoughts are with you.
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2017, 02:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
My thoughts are with you.

Thanks to both you and Cam. I knew something was up 2 years ago. Mr. C's superpower (one of them) is direction--driving--built in compass. 2 years ago in June we were driving around the Ft. Collins area and he pulled over. I said 'what's up?' and he said, "I don't know where I am." WHOA. We sat there for about 5 min and then he said "OH. I know where I am."
Then the trips to neurologist and specialists started. His meds are working well, but we have some pretty strange days. The doc said that by the time the dementia is diagnosed the patient has had it for years--possibly a decade.
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2017, 05:02 PM   #8
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Thanks to both you and Cam. I knew something was up 2 years ago. Mr. C's superpower (one of them) is direction--driving--built in compass. 2 years ago in June we were driving around the Ft. Collins area and he pulled over. I said 'what's up?' and he said, "I don't know where I am." WHOA. We sat there for about 5 min and then he said "OH. I know where I am."
Then the trips to neurologist and specialists started. His meds are working well, but we have some pretty strange days. The doc said that by the time the dementia is diagnosed the patient has had it for years--possibly a decade.
It is the opposite of caring for a baby. A baby will learn to become more independent and the parents hands on time decreases. This situation goes in the opposite direction. The patient becomes less independent as time goes by. For a caregiver, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. In the latter stages, a caregiver becomes consumed with all of the demands and loses his/her individuality. It becomes a way of life in and of itself until one day it stops. This is a very difficult disease to cope with. Godspeed.
Thanks from Clara007
Camelot is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2017, 05:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Thanks to both you and Cam. I knew something was up 2 years ago. Mr. C's superpower (one of them) is direction--driving--built in compass. 2 years ago in June we were driving around the Ft. Collins area and he pulled over. I said 'what's up?' and he said, "I don't know where I am." WHOA. We sat there for about 5 min and then he said "OH. I know where I am."
Then the trips to neurologist and specialists started. His meds are working well, but we have some pretty strange days. The doc said that by the time the dementia is diagnosed the patient has had it for years--possibly a decade.
You both are in my prayers, my heart.

Are you aware of this?
Cannabis May Help Rejuvenate the Aging Brain and Ward Off Dementia

Story at-a-glance

THC has a beneficial influence on the aging brain, reversing the aging process and improving cognitive function, raising the possibility it might be useful for the treatment of dementia in the elderly

18-month-old mice given THC at 2, 12 and 18 months demonstrated cognitive skills equal to 2-month-old controls, while the placebo group suffered cognitive deterioration associated with aging

Previous research has also shown low-dose THC directly impedes buildup of beta amyloid plaque in the brain (a hallmark of Alzheimer’s) and enhances mitochondrial function in the brain
Cannabis May Help Rejuvenate Aging Brain and Ward Off Dementia
imaginethat is online now  
Old June 23rd, 2017, 08:35 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You gotta love this from the Senate bill:

Federal funding for Medicaid expansion phases out between 2021 and 2023.


Until after the 2020 election. Smart move. I'm guessing some significant percentage of Trump supporters are using Medicaid, so it makes sense to put off screwing them.
I actually agree with this. I believe we need medicare for all. Not Medicaid. Medicaid has taught a large portion of the populous to use emergency care like doctors visits. Medicare would provide basic health insurance but offer a penalty if you choose to continue using the emergency room as a doctors office.
username is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
bill, losses, senate, wins



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama on Senate bill: It's 'not a health care bill' Sabcat Political Humor 49 June 28th, 2017 02:09 AM
Big Bill wins again. roastpork Current Events 3 March 6th, 2015 02:24 PM
Tn Senate Passes "don't Say Gay" Bill tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 3 April 26th, 2011 06:22 AM
Democrat wins Montana Senate seat, CNN projects CNN Current Events 2 November 8th, 2006 10:32 AM
Democrat wins Montana Senate seat, CNN projects Current Events 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.