Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree8Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2017, 02:18 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I see the link clearly within my reply and it appears to work. Here it is again
Student Loans Guaranteed by the Federal Government


Sorry--I missed it. My bad.....but the link says about the same thing I posted.
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 28th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #22
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
My reading comprehension is fine, thank you very much. Your entire article is predicated on Medicare establishing the baseline for costs. Any questions or just more snide remarks?
You say nothing and then ask if others have questions...

Let's keep this simple.
Medicare (government "interference" to some) has LOWER RATES than those "customers" with a more free market engagement.
Ergo, it's nonsensical to claim that such government interference is the driving factor which raises healthcare costs.

Can you explain how those facts fit into your propagandic mindset on the issue?


Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative
What data? If we are to use the ACA as an example, the government needs to be out of the healthcare business.
By what standards do you make that assessment?

Right-wingers often employ circular logic on this specific approach. They proclaim government must be kept out of the healthcare business.
Why?
Is it to prevent death panels? (See the new Repub versions for better death panel implementations)
Is it to improve care to the public?
Is it to keep costs down? (*READ THE ARTICLE* to see why this is a bad lie)

For many right-wingers, the ultimate answer to the "Why?" question is because it's their political standard to do so. NOT because they can show documented improvements. (The current Repub healthcare action helps show they aren't interested in that.)
It's because it's essentially a law they demand observance with a religious fervor. If more people die under this policy, so be it. They deserve to die.
If the healthcare is worse? They can't admit that.
foundit66 is offline  
Old June 28th, 2017, 10:14 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
You say nothing and then ask if others have questions...




By what standards do you make that assessment?

Right-wingers often employ circular logic on this specific approach. They proclaim government must be kept out of the healthcare business.
Why?
Is it to prevent death panels? (See the new Repub versions for better death panel implementations)
Is it to improve care to the public?
Is it to keep costs down? (*READ THE ARTICLE* to see why this is a bad lie)

For many right-wingers, the ultimate answer to the "Why?" question is because it's their political standard to do so. NOT because they can show documented improvements. (The current Repub healthcare action helps show they aren't interested in that.)
It's because it's essentially a law they demand observance with a religious fervor. If more people die under this policy, so be it. They deserve to die.
If the healthcare is worse? They can't admit that.
Right wings are my specie or centrism and we can write to restistence far away and after thus text not problem crises. I can say White militia was on alert on otherwises if republican choose Donald Trump lose but he win his Campaign 16 over Socialist Party leader Hillary Clinton and then she Crying her lost.
McCoy is offline  
Old June 28th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 331
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
You say nothing and then ask if others have questions...

Let's keep this simple.
Medicare (government "interference" to some) has LOWER RATES than those "customers" with a more free market engagement.
Ergo, it's nonsensical to claim that such government interference is the driving factor which raises healthcare costs.

Can you explain how those facts fit into your propagandic mindset on the issue?
Your article established Medicare as the base of the charges. Your article said everything is more expensive after Medicare. If Medicare is the standard, which is what your article is implying, then the higher the standard cost the higher the cost of health care. I assure you that if you walk in and have no money or you pay out of pocket the care will be even cheaper than medicare. Its all about subsidies, who is paying and what we can charge. Medicare, by your articles admission establishes the base line. So, if Medicare is the standard then that means pricing revolves around it. Also, as you probably know, Medicare is restrictive. Its much more restrictive than most private insurance is. That is why we have supplemental private insurance policies with medicare. So, since Medicare is restrictive it would cause the net payout to be even lower. Which is why I favor a Medicare for all system. Basic health, with options to supplement with private insurance. Best of both worlds.
Thanks from guy39 and Sabcat
username is offline  
Old June 28th, 2017, 01:58 PM   #25
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,971
[QUOTE=username;1076694]
Quote:
Your article established Medicare as the base of the charges. Your article said everything is more expensive after Medicare. If Medicare is the standard, which is what your article is implying, then the higher the standard cost the higher the cost of health care. I assure you that if you walk in and have no money or you pay out of pocket the care will be even cheaper than medicare. Its all about subsidies, who is paying and what we can charge. Medicare, by your articles admission establishes the base line. So, if Medicare is the standard then that means pricing revolves around it. Also, as you probably know, Medicare is restrictive. Its much more restrictive than most private insurance is. That is why we have supplemental private insurance policies with medicare. So, since Medicare is restrictive it would cause the net payout to be even lower. Which is why I favor a Medicare for all system. Basic health, with options to supplement with private insurance. Best of both worlds.


We paid cash for the birth of both of my kids and two stays at hospital for me over the last few years and were able to have each bill reduced by thousands.

One time in specific not only were the fees reduced but they were padding the bill, charging for standard procedures that in our case did not apply as they were refused. Had those bills gone to Medicare or to the insurance that had been inflated partially due to Medicare the bills would have just been paid.


It is a scam, wealth redistribution. Theft. All done by the state to pad the pockets of special interest groups.
Sabcat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
big, bill, face, finds, markup, patients, study



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Violent crime rising in US cities, study finds excalibur Current Events 0 July 26th, 2016 03:07 PM
Using Guns In Self-Defense Is Rare, Study Finds LongWinded Current Events 73 June 30th, 2015 11:34 AM
Three out of four doctors would prescribe medical marijuana to patients: Study intangible child Current Events 30 October 24th, 2014 12:25 PM
Crime labs need major overhaul, study finds CNN Current Events 1 February 18th, 2009 12:31 PM
Study finds shift in gay demographic tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 336 August 16th, 2008 07:41 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.