Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree43Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2017, 07:33 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Bookworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Where is the empathy from the Right? On anything? No empathy for the poor--for the disabled--for those with pre-conditions--for the homeless--for the victims of gun violence??
I could have all the empathy in the world and still be concerned about how the government would pay to ensure health care for every poor person, every disabled person, every person with a pre-existing condition, every homeless person, and every victim of gun violence.

That said, I think the video goes too far in mocking those who have concerns about the loss of coverage which would happen. There has to be a balance empathy and the ability of the government to pay.
Thanks from Clara007 and McCoy
Bookworm is offline  
Old July 1st, 2017, 09:41 AM   #12
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,999
The flat out lie is that any cuts to Medicare have even been proposed.
webguy4 is offline  
Old July 1st, 2017, 10:14 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Bookworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
The flat out lie is that any cuts to Medicare have even been proposed.
And the idea of whether it is a lie depends on how one views the word "cuts." The Affordable Care Act would provide a certain amount of funding to Medicare in, lets say, 2020. The GOP plan would not provide that same amount of funding in 2020, but would provide a lesser amount of funding than the ACA currently projects. Does, therefore, the GOP plan propose a "cut" to the amount of funding that would otherwise be provided in 2020 under the ACA?
Bookworm is offline  
Old July 1st, 2017, 10:45 AM   #14
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
I could have all the empathy in the world and still be concerned about how the government would pay to ensure health care for every poor person, every disabled person, every person with a pre-existing condition, every homeless person, and every victim of gun violence.

That said, I think the video goes too far in mocking those who have concerns about the loss of coverage which would happen. There has to be a balance empathy and the ability of the government to pay.
The fact that the rest of the developed world does that might make you realize it is possible.
Thanks from Clara007 and McCoy
RNG is offline  
Old July 1st, 2017, 10:49 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,237
Eli Warren, Mendelson, Sanders and Biden are posential candidate for Socialist Party election '20.
McCoy is offline  
Old July 1st, 2017, 12:04 PM   #16
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
The fact that the rest of the developed world does that might make you realize it is possible.
Well, let's remove the military and all other financial support that they are receiving from the states and see how long that lasts.
Sabcat is offline  
Old July 1st, 2017, 02:51 PM   #17
Hiding behind the sofa
 
MichaelT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Stockport England
Posts: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Well, let's remove the military and all other financial support that they are receiving from the states and see how long that lasts.
The removal of all the 8,500 US military personnel based in Britain is bound to cause the collapse of the NHS.
Thanks from McCoy
MichaelT is offline  
Old July 1st, 2017, 03:30 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Well, let's remove the military and all other financial support that they are receiving from the states and see how long that lasts.
It's one of NATO and EU how must splitt according me.
McCoy is offline  
Old July 1st, 2017, 04:52 PM   #19
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
And the idea of whether it is a lie depends on how one views the word "cuts." The Affordable Care Act would provide a certain amount of funding to Medicare in, lets say, 2020. The GOP plan would not provide that same amount of funding in 2020, but would provide a lesser amount of funding than the ACA currently projects. Does, therefore, the GOP plan propose a "cut" to the amount of funding that would otherwise be provided in 2020 under the ACA?
More is more, less is less.
Thanks from McCoy
webguy4 is offline  
Old July 1st, 2017, 05:06 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Bookworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
More is more, less is less.
So if the GOP plan provides for less than what the ACA would provide, then it's a cut. Less is less.
Bookworm is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
die, people



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are some good examples of idealistic people clashing with cynical people? Gordy Philosophy 3 September 21st, 2015 04:25 PM
The Difference Between White People and Black People aDifferentperspective Current Events 11 September 15th, 2014 04:57 PM
Ooops. Gay People Smarter than Straight People??? poet Social Issues 156 November 12th, 2013 11:41 AM
We The People Foundation & We The People Congress intangible child Money and Finance 0 April 26th, 2008 08:21 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.