Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree9Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2017, 07:56 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 2,090
Its an obvious point. Anal sex is susceptible to tearing of tissue, since the anus is not a good physical orifice to shove something into.Therefore there is a higher chance of bleeding which leads to very high chance of contracting HIV if the individual who is bleeding is carrying HIV. The same applies to sharing needles. Where as having hetro sex the Vagina, which does a better job of tolerating having a penis shoved in it is not as susceptible as tearing and bleeding and therefore has a limited chance of direct contact with the hosts blood. Although there our other fluids involved that very well can carry HIV in all forms of sex.
guy39 is offline  
Old September 9th, 2017, 08:08 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,136
The answer is easy, Patient zero in North America was gay, and the disease spread amongst the gay community.
In Africa, it's not a gay disease.
Given time it won't be a gay disease in North America either.
It's a disease.
And the best way to get it, is to think you can't get it.
Thanks from Camelot and McCoy
goober is online now  
Old September 9th, 2017, 08:10 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Its an obvious point. Anal sex is susceptible to tearing of tissue, since the anus is not a good physical orifice to shove something into.Therefore there is a higher chance of bleeding which leads to very high chance of contracting HIV if the individual who is bleeding is carrying HIV. The same applies to sharing needles. Where as having hetro sex the Vagina, which does a better job of tolerating having a penis shoved in it is not as susceptible as tearing and bleeding and therefore has a limited chance of direct contact with the hosts blood. Although there our other fluids involved that very well can carry HIV in all forms of sex.
No news there. The question remains open. AIDS affects gay people disproportionately because of the mechanics you described above, therefore?

Or is the point of this thread merely a biology lesson?

Regardless, AIDS is not a gay disease. Heteros also contract AIDS. And btw, the incidence of the disease has been decreasing for many years.
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 10th, 2017, 11:19 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
No news there. The question remains open. AIDS affects gay people disproportionately because of the mechanics you described above, therefore?

Or is the point of this thread merely a biology lesson?

Regardless, AIDS is not a gay disease. Heteros also contract AIDS. And btw, the incidence of the disease has been decreasing for many years.
Furthermore HIV is no longer a death sentence
guy39 is offline  
Old September 11th, 2017, 08:54 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Furthermore HIV is no longer a death sentence
That's a fact that isn't well known. But....
Outrage over the massive EpiPen price hike feels like deja vu. A year ago, America was in shock when a drug called Daraprim that's used by some AIDS and transplant patients skyrocketed overnight from $13.50 to $750 a pill.

...Nothing about the drug itself had changed except this: a new company -- Turing Pharmaceuticals -- had bought the rights to distribute it. The Daily Beast dubbed Turing's CEO "the most hated man in America."
A year later, one pill of Daraprim costs $375 for many patients.

Turing hails this as a 50% reduction in price, but doctors are livid. The drug still costs 2,500% more than before the hike.

"It remains criminal," say Dr. Wendy Armstrong, a medical professor at Emory University and head of the Infectious Diseases Program at Grady Health System in Atlanta, Ga. "It's still an immense financial burden for a drug that should be $1 a pill."
http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/25/news...ice/index.html

And was $1 per pill until 2013, and still is outside of the US.
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:23 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I prefer a cat 9 as a CC
What is cc other than a cubic centimeter? Just asking because I am a dumb fuck but willing to learn. Catastrophic Caucasians most likely and please correct if wrong.

edit: it just came back to me Canadian Club; mellow whiskey.

Last edited by Twisted Sister; September 11th, 2017 at 09:32 AM.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:28 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
What is cc other than a cubic centimeter? Just asking because I am a dumb fuck but willing to learn. Catastrophic Caucasians most likely and please correct if wrong.
Concealed carry.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Concealed carry.
I don't need no stinking license for concealed carry. Perhaps Coca Cola which you need a license to manufacture and distribute. CC and Coke is an excellent cocktail piano lounge drink when playing Moonlight Sonata. Crescendos and decrescendos included but I need a concert grand piano and want a Steinway.

edit: I may do this in the near future to keep my mind active

Last edited by Twisted Sister; September 11th, 2017 at 10:38 AM.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old September 11th, 2017, 10:59 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,832
Checking out Steinway pianos as I write and money is no object. I will put the thing in the back living room and let my fingers dance the keys. I need to do something rather than my scratch my ass.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old September 11th, 2017, 08:09 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,386
AIDS is a completely outdated term. HIV related infection is the appropriate term. it is not a 'gay' condition, worldwide. its only more common in gay people in western countries, in africa its mostly heterosexual. and its fatal, because there isnt treatment available.
hot dragon is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
aids, disease, gay



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is depression really a disease? webguy4 Healthcare 63 November 22nd, 2014 04:36 AM
Is Addiction a Disease? ABO4MA Opinion Polls 119 October 5th, 2009 05:02 PM
Is Stupidity a Disease? intangible child Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 1 August 27th, 2009 08:50 PM
“The disease called man”--Nietzsche coberst Philosophy 0 January 3rd, 2008 03:03 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.