Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree8Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #1
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,986
Told ya so

Clinton Makes Huge Admission About Obamacare | Daily Wire
Thanks from McCoy
webguy4 is offline  
Old September 13th, 2017, 07:35 PM   #2
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,986
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/wi...-for-treatment
Thanks from McCoy
webguy4 is offline  
Old September 17th, 2017, 09:51 AM   #3
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,986
https://conservativetribune.com/sand...ign=manualpost
webguy4 is offline  
Old September 17th, 2017, 07:39 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,136
This country will go to single payer, and then to national health.
Because we can't afford the alternative.
That's been known for decades.
goober is online now  
Old September 17th, 2017, 09:06 PM   #5
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
This country will go to single payer, and then to national health.
Because we can't afford the alternative.
That's been known for decades.
Single payer will lead to waiting lines for the critically ill, death panels, collapse of medical innovations, and bankruptcy of the US.
webguy4 is offline  
Old September 18th, 2017, 03:47 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Single payer will lead to waiting lines for the critically ill, death panels, collapse of medical innovations, and bankruptcy of the US.
Why would you say that? It hasn't done that anywhere else.

Single payer costs 40% less, to deliver the same outcomes as our current private insurance based system.

The cost of medical care rises every year, at some point a 40% savings is something we just won't be able to ignore.
Thanks from Camelot
goober is online now  
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:04 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Why would you say that? It hasn't done that anywhere else.

Single payer costs 40% less, to deliver the same outcomes as our current private insurance based system.

The cost of medical care rises every year, at some point a 40% savings is something we just won't be able to ignore.
Obamacare is junk science which even Bill Clinton is well aware and Hillary Clinton by proxy. Give Obama a big spoonfull of castor bean oil which will cure what ails him.

edit: When Obama slips and falls put Mercurochrome on his scrapes. Both medicines were used on me including Cod Liver Oil and I am still here.

Last edited by Twisted Sister; September 18th, 2017 at 04:23 AM.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old September 18th, 2017, 07:57 AM   #8
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Why would you say that? It hasn't done that anywhere else.

Single payer costs 40% less, to deliver the same outcomes as our current private insurance based system.

The cost of medical care rises every year, at some point a 40% savings is something we just won't be able to ignore.
Go up to Canada and see how long you have to wait for an MRI, knee replacement, or even to start cancer treatment.
webguy4 is offline  
Old September 18th, 2017, 08:35 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Single payer will lead to waiting lines for the critically ill, death panels, collapse of medical innovations, and bankruptcy of the US.
Let's assume that single payer will lead to long lines for the critically ill.

Where are they now? Or are you suggesting that single payer will result in more people becoming critically ill?

I am a Libertarian so I believe that free market solutions are better than government ones. But to believe that I have to understand how each works and this is something that I believe most people DON'T understand.

Those that are opposed to government run single payer health system go on and on about how this will lead rationing of healthcare by the government and that is correct. What they fail to understand is that HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED UNDER ANY SYSTEM. It's just a question of how and who is doing it.

Let's say there are 100 critically ill people needing treatment for cancer or they will die in six months. There is only enough capacity to treat 50 of them.

The question is how do we ration that? With government/single payer system all 100 people get in line hoping that they are chosen by whatever method the government uses.

Under free market the supplier sets the price at the point that only 50 people can afford it. Yes the line is shorter but that's only because 50 people never get in line. This system rations health care to those that can afford it.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old September 18th, 2017, 08:44 AM   #10
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Let's assume that single payer will lead to long lines for the critically ill.

Where are they now? Or are you suggesting that single payer will result in more people becoming critically ill?

I am a Libertarian so I believe that free market solutions are better than government ones. But to believe that I have to understand how each works and this is something that I believe most people DON'T understand.

Those that are opposed to government run single payer health system go on and on about how this will lead rationing of healthcare by the government and that is correct. What they fail to understand is that HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED UNDER ANY SYSTEM. It's just a question of how and who is doing it.


Let's say there are 100 critically ill people needing treatment for cancer or they will die in six months. There is only enough capacity to treat 50 of them.

The question is how do we ration that? With government/single payer system all 100 people get in line hoping that they are chosen by whatever method the government uses.

Under free market the supplier sets the price at the point that only 50 people can afford it. Yes the line is shorter but that's only because 50 people never get in line. This system rations health care to those that can afford it.
If I've got the money to save my wife or my child and you get in my way, then you ain't gonna like what happens next.
webguy4 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
told



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
things no one told me about getting old webguy4 Healthcare 156 June 17th, 2017 03:44 PM
Pot: WE TOLD YOU SO!!!!! Medicine Man Current Events 114 September 13th, 2014 06:49 AM
The greatest lie ever told. pana8 Current Events 16 November 30th, 2013 08:23 AM
Told Ya! imaginethat Current Events 108 August 23rd, 2011 08:09 AM
God told Bush to Go to War... tadpole256 Political Talk 40 January 24th, 2006 03:57 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.