Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree1Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2017, 11:17 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
houseknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Israel
Posts: 29
Drug addiction is disease

The World’s drug traffic value roughly corresponds to the value of the oil trade. The damage that drugs bring to the health of all mankind, and especially to the health of «developed» peoples, cannot be overemphasized. Apparently, drug addiction has become one of the main causes of the degradation of «developed» peoples.

The so-called «struggle» against drug trafficking only leads to a rise of their price for «consumers» and additional enrichment of corrupt officials and politicians.

It’s a strange situation when drug use is not forbidden (and how to forbid it to people who have fallen into the pit of drug dependence, they will still violate the ban, while putting everyone in prison is also not a solution), but it is forbidden to trade. There are calls to legalize all drugs. That is, make it even more accessible. This is also bad solution.

Logic says that the government is obliged to help people suffering from drug dependence. We must keep in mind, that this problem is both social and medical.

Let’s go to the essence of the proposal. It is necessary to establish a state monopoly on the traffic and distribution of drugs and simultaneously reduce prices enough, that the clandestine traders go bankrupt. Then they will not have money to bribe officials.

Drugs should be sold in a pharmacy on prescription, like all other medicines. The same family physician, or expert narcologist, will control the sort and amount of the drug, depending on the patient’s condition. And will try to save the patient from drug dependence by prescribing a course of treatment, or if necessary, refer for inpatient treatment.

In addition, patients will have to be under the control of the social service, regardless of their welfare.

Finally, relatives of people addicted to drug should not be afraid to inform the doctor about the condition of their loved ones, because the doctor must keep a secret. And social workers are not police, they do not start a criminal case.

In this case, corruption is possible, too, for example, among doctors. Although, the scope of such corruption will not be the same as it is now, because of low prices for drugs
houseknight is offline  
Old October 29th, 2017, 04:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseknight View Post
The World’s drug traffic value roughly corresponds to the value of the oil trade. The damage that drugs bring to the health of all mankind, and especially to the health of «developed» peoples, cannot be overemphasized. Apparently, drug addiction has become one of the main causes of the degradation of «developed» peoples.

The so-called «struggle» against drug trafficking only leads to a rise of their price for «consumers» and additional enrichment of corrupt officials and politicians.

It’s a strange situation when drug use is not forbidden (and how to forbid it to people who have fallen into the pit of drug dependence, they will still violate the ban, while putting everyone in prison is also not a solution), but it is forbidden to trade. There are calls to legalize all drugs. That is, make it even more accessible. This is also bad solution.
this is all crap. drug trade doesnt come close to oil. drugs are a major problem for degrading individuals lives, but not society as a whole. drug use is, in general, forbidden. most of this is crap.

Quote:
Logic says that the government is obliged to help people suffering from drug dependence. We must keep in mind, that this problem is both social and medical.

Let’s go to the essence of the proposal. It is necessary to establish a state monopoly on the traffic and distribution of drugs and simultaneously reduce prices enough, that the clandestine traders go bankrupt. Then they will not have money to bribe officials.

Drugs should be sold in a pharmacy on prescription, like all other medicines. The same family physician, or expert narcologist, will control the sort and amount of the drug, depending on the patient’s condition. And will try to save the patient from drug dependence by prescribing a course of treatment, or if necessary, refer for inpatient treatment.

In addition, patients will have to be under the control of the social service, regardless of their welfare.

Finally, relatives of people addicted to drug should not be afraid to inform the doctor about the condition of their loved ones, because the doctor must keep a secret. And social workers are not police, they do not start a criminal case.

In this case, corruption is possible, too, for example, among doctors. Although, the scope of such corruption will not be the same as it is now, because of low prices for drugs
it is interesting that a premise that is crap has arrived at what is probably the most reasonable solution. at least for opioids, possibly stimulants. marijuana really just needs to be legalised and then ignored.
hot dragon is offline  
Old October 29th, 2017, 05:32 PM   #3
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,978
I don't understand this statment


Quote:

Although, the scope of such corruption will not be the same as it is now, because of low prices for drugs
Sabcat is online now  
Old November 5th, 2017, 01:40 PM   #4
Banned
 
handydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseknight View Post
The World’s drug traffic value roughly corresponds to the value of the oil trade. The damage that drugs bring to the health of all mankind, and especially to the health of «developed» peoples, cannot be overemphasized. Apparently, drug addiction has become one of the main causes of the degradation of «developed» peoples.

The so-called «struggle» against drug trafficking only leads to a rise of their price for «consumers» and additional enrichment of corrupt officials and politicians.

It’s a strange situation when drug use is not forbidden (and how to forbid it to people who have fallen into the pit of drug dependence, they will still violate the ban, while putting everyone in prison is also not a solution), but it is forbidden to trade. There are calls to legalize all drugs. That is, make it even more accessible. This is also bad solution.

Logic says that the government is obliged to help people suffering from drug dependence. We must keep in mind, that this problem is both social and medical.

Let’s go to the essence of the proposal. It is necessary to establish a state monopoly on the traffic and distribution of drugs and simultaneously reduce prices enough, that the clandestine traders go bankrupt. Then they will not have money to bribe officials.

Drugs should be sold in a pharmacy on prescription, like all other medicines. The same family physician, or expert narcologist, will control the sort and amount of the drug, depending on the patient’s condition. And will try to save the patient from drug dependence by prescribing a course of treatment, or if necessary, refer for inpatient treatment.

In addition, patients will have to be under the control of the social service, regardless of their welfare.

Finally, relatives of people addicted to drug should not be afraid to inform the doctor about the condition of their loved ones, because the doctor must keep a secret. And social workers are not police, they do not start a criminal case.

In this case, corruption is possible, too, for example, among doctors. Although, the scope of such corruption will not be the same as it is now, because of low prices for drugs
Drug addiction isn't a disease. It's a choice. That is in so far as any drug they took for recreational purposes.
handydude is offline  
Old November 5th, 2017, 07:07 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 18
It is a disease in our society, but it is also one of the cure to escape reality.
justmags is offline  
Old November 5th, 2017, 07:33 PM   #6
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Drug addiction is a disease.

End of discussion.
Gordy is offline  
Old November 5th, 2017, 08:01 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,629
Alcoholism is a two edged sword. A mental/emotional obsession makes the alcoholic take that first drink. After that an allergy takes over and the all control over how much he/she drinks is lost, might drink another two, might take 100. No way to predict.
Just lost another fried to the disease this weekend. After almost 30 years of struggling with the disease he locked himself in his room and guzzled vodka until he died of alcohol poisoning, 49 years old.
Very sad, left a 13 year old daughter.
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 6th, 2017, 02:24 PM   #8
Banned
 
handydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmags View Post
It is a disease in our society, but it is also one of the cure to escape reality.
Our society is the disease. I am the cure.
handydude is offline  
Old November 6th, 2017, 02:25 PM   #9
Banned
 
handydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Drug addiction is a disease.

End of discussion.
And what way would this "disease" manifest itself if they never used any drug. Real end of discussion.
handydude is offline  
Old November 6th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #10
Banned
 
handydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Alcoholism is a two edged sword. A mental/emotional obsession makes the alcoholic take that first drink. After that an allergy takes over and the all control over how much he/she drinks is lost, might drink another two, might take 100. No way to predict.
Just lost another fried to the disease this weekend. After almost 30 years of struggling with the disease he locked himself in his room and guzzled vodka until he died of alcohol poisoning, 49 years old.
Very sad, left a 13 year old daughter.
What you say is gibberish. Alcoholism isn't a two edged sword. It is just a bad thing. And if your "two edged sword" thing is supposed to mean that it has two bad effects, it has more than that.
handydude is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
addiction, disease, drug



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Theory on Drug Addiction Gordy Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 34 August 28th, 2016 01:00 PM
Disease Mongering and Drug Marketing intangible child Healthcare 0 May 10th, 2014 04:05 PM
Disease Mongering and Drug Marketing intangible child Current Events 1 April 10th, 2014 05:44 AM
How to Quit Drug Addiction lillywilliam Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 29 February 1st, 2010 11:29 PM
Is Addiction a Disease? ABO4MA Opinion Polls 119 October 5th, 2009 05:02 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.