Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Healthcare Healthcare Forum - For topics and discussions about health care, health policies, and health care systems


Thanks Tree45Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2017, 07:44 PM   #21
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Asked? You mean forced comrade
Sieg heil
Sabcat is offline  
Old November 11th, 2017, 02:05 AM   #22
Hiding behind the sofa
 
MichaelT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Stockport. UK
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Why should I subsidize someone else? No one subsidizes me.
You don’t have any car/home/health insurance then?

Because if you do, you are being subsidised and are subsiding other people already.
Thanks from Camelot, Hollywood and Clara007
MichaelT is offline  
Old November 11th, 2017, 03:49 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
More political fear mongering.
Myth #5: Canada rations health care; the United States doesn’t.

This one’s a little bit tricky. The truth is, Canada may “ration” by making people wait for some things, but here in the United States we also “ration” — by cost.

An 11-country survey carried out in 2010 by the Commonwealth Fund, a Washington-based health policy foundation, found that adults in the United States are by far the most likely to go without care because of cost. In fact, 42 percent of the Americans surveyed did not express confidence that they would be able to afford health care if seriously ill.

Further, about a third of the Americans surveyed reported that, in the preceding year, they didn’t go to the doctor when sick, didn’t get recommended care when needed, didn’t fill a prescription or skipped doses of medications because of cost.

Finally, about one in five of the Americans surveyed had struggled to pay or were unable to pay their medical bills in the preceding year. That was more than twice the percentage found in any of the other 10 countries.

And remember: We’re spending way more on health care than any other country, and for all that money we’re getting at best middling results.
https://www.aarp.org/politics-societ...alth-care.html

And that was in 2010. I doubt things have improved but I'm sure medical care costs have increased.
So Canada is better also in Healthcare than US of America ?? In otherwises it is hockey Canada's best Sports not USA's best in Winter Olympics actually.
McCoy is offline  
Old December 24th, 2017, 06:43 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Yes, and before the ACA, uninsured people were showing up in emergency rooms across the country and the costs were pushed onto the insured in the form of higher premiums AGAINST THEIR WILL. You must believe the fairytale of a free lunch. Asking the uninsured to put skin in the game is just.

I hear this argument often but it is completely false. Health insurance companies do not pay claims on people that do not carry their coverage so higher premiums logically cannot come into play here.

Since all hospitals cannot turn anyone away based on no insurance, those bills were sent to the state government where they were reimbursed by them. It is a lie that they had to write them off.
barb is offline  
Old December 24th, 2017, 06:55 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Why should I subsidize someone else? No one subsidizes me.


You already do. Always have--as long as you've been a taxpayer. Government for decades has directly subsidized individuals’ costs of employer-based health care, to the tune of roughly $250 billion every year – sums far greater than the annual costs of the subsidized insurance coverage provisions of the Affordable Care Act.

If you claim to stand on principle in your demands to destroy the Affordable Care Act, first give back the $250 billion you’ve been taking every year in government help.

In addition, WHO pays for emergency room patients who can't/don't pay?? Who pays for the uninsured?

Last edited by Clara007; December 24th, 2017 at 06:59 AM.
Clara007 is online now  
Old December 24th, 2017, 09:09 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by barb View Post
I hear this argument often but it is completely false. Health insurance companies do not pay claims on people that do not carry their coverage so higher premiums logically cannot come into play here.

Since all hospitals cannot turn anyone away based on no insurance, those bills were sent to the state government where they were reimbursed by them. It is a lie that they had to write them off.

And WHERE do you think the STATE gets that money ?????? WOW !!! If you think WE are not paying for it one way or another, you're completely delusional !!

And BTW the state or even local government might help the hospitals but they do NOT cover 100% of the unpaid costs. Hospitals, especially those in larger urban areas ALWAYS have write offs.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old December 24th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #27
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 31,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
And WHERE do you think the STATE gets that money ?????? WOW !!! If you think WE are not paying for it one way or another, you're completely delusional !!

And BTW the state or even local government might help the hospitals but they do NOT cover 100% of the unpaid costs. Hospitals, especially those in larger urban areas ALWAYS have write offs.
There is a reason hospitals charge $8 + for an aspirin. Each time you or your insurance company pays that, it is $0.03 for the aspirin and $7.97 to pay for the "free" care the uninsured get.

P. T. Barnum was right.
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old January 3rd, 2018, 02:48 PM   #28
Coconut Lure
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,987
Socialized medicine

We Told You! UK Hospitals Announce Failure of Socialized Medicine...
webguy4 is offline  
Old January 3rd, 2018, 02:52 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 23,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Nonsense.
Hollywood is offline  
Old January 3rd, 2018, 02:55 PM   #30
Coconut Lure
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Nonsense.
Your response is too quick, you obviously never read the link. Your retort is invalid.
Thanks from Sabcat
webguy4 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Healthcare

Tags
liberals



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what liberals don't know webguy4 Political Humor 200 May 13th, 2017 10:32 AM
Where have all the Liberals gone? justoneman Conspiracy Theories 121 November 2nd, 2016 04:24 AM
Well now, what say you liberals? Patriot66 Current Events 37 September 9th, 2015 09:11 AM
Liberals of Oz Jimmyb Political Humor 10 October 13th, 2014 10:50 PM
Liberals - Just Wow RNG Americas 84 January 4th, 2014 05:20 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.