Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Immigration

Immigration Immigration Political Forum - For topics and discussions about illegal immigrants and immigrant rights


Thanks Tree18Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #21
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by lei_4_sb1070
"They cannot reap the benefits of paying into Social Security or Medicare or anything else"



because they are here ILLEGALLY! and you aren't accounting for the scores of people who DO use the "system" and aren't using false identification to pay payroll taxes. or the moms who have babies here on welfare, medi-cal, etc. or the ones who are schooling their children in our schools at our expense, not theirs! or the scores of people arrested for major or petty crimes that have "rights" here that have to be addressed by our legal system which again, they aren't paying for!


You are mistakenly under the impression that I am supporting illegal immigrants rights to benefit from our system. I am merely providing the facts that 8 million have paid into this system and that they are not sucking our system dry. So perhaps you should not get so testy about my points. I wasn't testy with you.
waitingtables is offline  
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #22
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher



I would like to see those stats that claim that illegals are paying into our system.


Click on my link or google it. It's right there. 8 million II's have paid into our system and the facts support that.
waitingtables is offline  
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #23
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by lei_4_sb1070
"They cannot reap the benefits of paying into Social Security or Medicare or anything else"



because they are here ILLEGALLY! and you aren't accounting for the scores of people who DO use the "system" and aren't using false identification to pay payroll taxes. or the moms who have babies here on welfare, medi-cal, etc. or the ones who are schooling their children in our schools at our expense, not theirs! or the scores of people arrested for major or petty crimes that have "rights" here that have to be addressed by our legal system which again, they aren't paying for!




I heard a program on NPR called Latino USA bemoaning the fact that some 18 year old who was here illegally was unable to get any govt grants to pay for his college tuition!



They tried to turn the program into a real tear jerker.



Why on earth should someone like that get taxpayer help to pay for his college expenses?



Even after he graduates he won't be able to work.






garysher is offline  
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #24
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
Click on my link or google it. It's right there. 8 million II's have paid into our system and the facts support that.




How much have they taken OUT of the system?
garysher is offline  
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
I am not defending illegal immigration or saying that it isn't bad in Arizona right now. But it is happening there and everywhere else that illegal immigrants are working. They use fake names or fake SS#'s and they pay taxes on their income.


Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
Exactly. They cannot reap the benefits of paying into Social Security or Medicare or anything else.


Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
None of that has anything to do with what I was talking about. And I would like to see those stats that claim that illegals aren't paying into our system.


Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher



I would like to see those stats that claim that illegals are paying into our system.


hard to believe i agree with you on anything....
lei_4_sb1070 is offline  
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
You are mistakenly under the impression that I am supporting illegal immigrants rights to benefit from our system. I am merely providing the facts that 8 million have paid into this system and that they are not sucking our system dry. So perhaps you should not get so testy about my points. I wasn't testy with you.


testy? my opinion and personal first hand experiences are not getting testy with your points. maybe you should check your own posting style/mood?



and i really don't think providing a link (which we can all provide to prove any given "point") constitutes "facts". just saying. we can be done, since you feel i'm being testy by disagreeing with you. thats what debate is all about. in any case, thank you for your input
lei_4_sb1070 is offline  
Old August 17th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #27
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by lei_4_sb1070
testy? my opinion and personal first hand experiences are not getting testy with your points. maybe you should check your own posting style/mood?



and i really don't think providing a link (which we can all provide to prove any given "point") constitutes "facts". just saying. we can be done, since you feel i'm being testy by disagreeing with you. thats what debate is all about. in any case, thank you for your input




It was your capital letters and exclamation points that made me think you were getting heated about what I said. And you can check my facts if you like, that source isn't the only one that states them.
waitingtables is offline  
Old August 17th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #28
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher
How much have they taken OUT of the system?


The facts about the people that are paing into the system state that they pay about 80,000 dollars more than they get back out of the system.
waitingtables is offline  
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #29
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by lei_4_sb1070
hard to believe i agree with you on anything....




Be honest you know you still fancy me
garysher is offline  
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #30
Nomad
 
fxashun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 23,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher
I heard a program on NPR called Latino USA bemoaning the fact that some 18 year old who was here illegally was unable to get any govt grants to pay for his college tuition!



They tried to turn the program into a real tear jerker.



Why on earth should someone like that get taxpayer help to pay for his college expenses?



Even after he graduates he won't be able to work.



We had one of those here in Ga. It was such bullshit. Illegal=GTF out.
fxashun is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Immigration

Tags
antiimmigrant, familiar, historical, quotes, sound



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Historical Map Site Dude111 World History 0 October 17th, 2011 07:18 PM
Australian View Of Politics Sounds Familiar garysher Liberalism 1 September 21st, 2011 11:36 AM
A familiar theme in Ireland's bailout garysher Money and Finance 9 December 6th, 2010 06:44 AM
The Historical Jesus teethandclaws Americas 0 May 10th, 2007 10:46 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.