Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Immigration

Immigration Immigration Political Forum - For topics and discussions about illegal immigrants and immigrant rights


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2016, 05:23 AM   #1
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Deer Park, Washington
Posts: 1,714
Subject to the Jurisdiction Thereof.

This is informative for those that believe anchor babies are natural born citizens. Discuss.

Anchor babies, birthright citizenship, and the 14th Amendment | colorado immigration law resources reference
Pete Moss is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 05:38 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Moss View Post
This is informative for those that believe anchor babies are natural born citizens. Discuss.

Anchor babies, birthright citizenship, and the 14th Amendment | colorado immigration law resources reference

So Marco Rubio had no legal right to run for president?
Clara007 is online now  
Old March 18th, 2016, 05:42 AM   #3
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Deer Park, Washington
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
So Marco Rubio had no legal right to run for president?
You tell me. Did you get past the fifth grade?
Pete Moss is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 06:22 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,840
When the baby pops out on US soil that is a natural born US citizen even if said baby's parents are both illegal immigrants with criminal records in a foreign country. The sins of the father cannot be put on the son or something like that.
Thanks from Hollywood
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 06:27 AM   #5
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Deer Park, Washington
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
When the baby pops out on US soil that is a natural born US citizen even if said baby's parents are both illegal immigrants with criminal records in a foreign country. The sins of the father cannot be put on the son or something like that.
Subject to the Jurisdiction Thereof.... Depends on the individual state jurisdiction and the country of the illegal.

Last edited by Pete Moss; March 18th, 2016 at 06:31 AM.
Pete Moss is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 06:31 AM   #6
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Deer Park, Washington
Posts: 1,714
From the link.

"The original intent of the 14th Amendment was clearly not to facilitate illegal aliens defying U.S. law and obtaining citizenship for their offspring, nor obtaining benefits at taxpayer expense. Current estimates indicate there may be over 300,000 anchor babies born each year in the U.S., thus causing illegal alien mothers to add more to the U.S. population each year than immigration from all sources in an average year before 1965.

Australia rescinded birthright citizenship in 2007, as did New Zealand in 2006, Ireland in 2005, France in 1993, and the United Kingdom in 1983. This leaves the United States and Canada as the only remaining industrialized nations to grant automatic citizenship to every person born within the borders of the country, irrespective of their parents' nationality or immigration status.

American citizens must be wary of elected politicians voting to illegally extend our generous social benefits to illegal aliens and other criminals."
Pete Moss is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 06:36 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Moss View Post
Subject to the Jurisdiction Thereof.... Depends on the individual state jurisdiction and the country of the illegal.
That is in the Articles of the US Constitution and not an Amendment. I define natural born as being born on US soil. Cruz was born in Canada which makes him ineligible but Obama was born in Hawaii which makes him eligible. I do not know where Trump was born, has anyone checked out his birth rights?
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 06:40 AM   #8
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Deer Park, Washington
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
That is in the Articles of the US Constitution and not an Amendment. I define natural born as being born on US soil. Cruz was born in Canada which makes him ineligible but Obama was born in Hawaii which makes him eligible. I do not know where Trump was born, has anyone checked out his birth rights?
Cruz's mother was an American citizen. He's a natural born citizen.

http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/...-born-citizen/

Last edited by Pete Moss; March 18th, 2016 at 06:43 AM.
Pete Moss is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 06:51 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Moss View Post
Cruz's mother was an American citizen. He's a natural born citizen.
We agree to disagree. Cruz popped out on Canadian soil which makes him a natural born Canadian citizen and is eligible to be Prime Minister of Canada but not President of the United States. John McCain popped out in the Canal Zone that was a Territory of the US at the time so he is eligible.

edit: Amendments can be overturned several ways but the Articles cannot unless the US Constitution is re-written which would result in Civil War 2.

Last edited by Twisted Sister; March 18th, 2016 at 07:18 AM.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 07:00 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Moss View Post
From the link.

"The original intent of the 14th Amendment was clearly not to facilitate illegal aliens defying U.S. law and obtaining citizenship for their offspring, nor obtaining benefits at taxpayer expense. Current estimates indicate there may be over 300,000 anchor babies born each year in the U.S., thus causing illegal alien mothers to add more to the U.S. population each year than immigration from all sources in an average year before 1965.

Australia rescinded birthright citizenship in 2007, as did New Zealand in 2006, Ireland in 2005, France in 1993, and the United Kingdom in 1983. This leaves the United States and Canada as the only remaining industrialized nations to grant automatic citizenship to every person born within the borders of the country, irrespective of their parents' nationality or immigration status.

American citizens must be wary of elected politicians voting to illegally extend our generous social benefits to illegal aliens and other criminals."

On this we agree !!!!! We already have an exemption for children born to diplomats. Would be easy fix to extend that exemption to anyone NOT here legally and NOT seeking permanent residency.
Thanks from Pete Moss
BubbaJones is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Immigration

Tags
jurisdiction, subject, thereof



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sikhs Subject to Turban Search pensacola_niceman Other Religions 1 November 20th, 2010 06:44 AM
Because every subject needs a little chuckle ... tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 4 January 12th, 2009 04:27 PM
Hucks thoughts on the subject. fxashun Gay and Lesbian Rights 24 March 1st, 2008 07:35 AM
Bill Clinton changing subject from 'me' to 'she' CNN Current Events 1 July 2nd, 2007 12:04 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.