Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Immigration

Immigration Immigration Political Forum - For topics and discussions about illegal immigrants and immigrant rights


Thanks Tree19Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2018, 07:06 AM   #31
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 808
[QUOTE=guy39;1133394]
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
The liberals would have made the same, exact case had the Assault Weapon Ban have gotten renewed and some states decided not to enforce it while civilians owned weapons. You are arguing semantics. You have to consider the precedent you're setting.


A non citizen who is in the United States for whatever reason is a guest. Unless they are here illegally. Then they are in violation of the law. They have the same rights as the person in your home stealing your stuff does.
.
I am not for the USA being the police of the world. So what are you advocating for? Everyone that crosses the border has the full protection and rights, citizenship be damned? Or make the world America? Neither one is a good idea.
You mean like every time a seat belt ticket is issued?
I am not sure why you keep coming back to participate in the free market. The only thing that comes to mind is your attempting to say we need a peasant class of undocumented workers to clean our bathrooms. Your just trying to paint it up really nice.
Let me give you some context here:

A person in the United States, with or without papers, working a job willingly offered by an American, living in a house or apartment (bought or rented) from an American, and doing business with Americans that willingly participate, is a guest. They are a guest whether you like it or not - and whether you agree or not.

You "could" shut down all the businesses that have hired undocumented workers and penalize all those who participated in them being here. You would probably wind up in jail. For if you shopped at Walmart, you bought goods wherein the profit was reduced because a foreigner may have stolen the job. You would be guilty of receiving stolen property. Landlords could have their property taken away and so on and so forth.

OR you could make an argument for selective prosecution and go further denying people the equal protection of the laws.

What's at stake in the instant case is having a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT. A One World Government first destroys the separation of powers and the lines of jurisdiction. How are you NOT advocating that?

I'm telling you as a point of law (and I'm the only swinging Richard on this board that has EVER stated this) that undocumented foreigners ARE protected by our laws via the ILLEGALLY RATIFIED 14TH AMENDMENT.

Now, don't bother asking me if I agree with every law on the books. Heaven forbid. The objective is to present anyone that disagrees with the neo - nazi inspired talking points of immigration to be on the left - a liberal, etc. Yeah, there are only two sides to the fight and God forbid someone show you where BOTH sides got it wrong (though the right really got it wrong on this ONE SINGLE ISSUE.)

The only chance we have of people understanding what I'm saying is if / when their lives are on the line due to their refusal to look at what they're giving up. That's sad.
discollector is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 01:51 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a House
Posts: 224
Now I'll point out reality.

Illegals/legals pay local and user taxes. An illegal with an ITIN doesn't mean they are paying federal tax, it merely means they use the ITIN to file federal tax forms. Even with an ITIN they are entitled to receive tax refunds which include tax credits, thus they get back more than they may have had with held from any payroll deductions. This is an issue as they get money directly from the taxpayers they shouldn't be entitled to get. Illegals do not/did not pay $12B into SS yearly. That money is from non-matched SS numbers to names, which includes women who got divorced/married and never changed their information, employers who may have transposed a number, etc. Half of that money is paid by the employer, thus lowering the amount any illegal may have contributed. As to them not being allowed to ever get that SS money, Totalization Agreements allow some illegals to obtain SS from the US. On a side note if an illegal is allowed to gain a work permit (think DACA or being paroled in the US awaiting a court date) they are allowed to draw SS from us, too.

How does one determine who is an illegal worker in a store as an employee? As a person seen in public? Can they be ID'ing them based on the color of their skin? Or are they being ID'ed via forged/fake/stolen work authorization documents?

There is no industry in the US that illegals are the majority of workers in, to claim illegals are doing jobs Citizens won't do is pure ignorance. If someone hires a person to work at their home and is directing them as to what to do they are then the employer and are required by law to with hold all taxes and and have the proper insurance for having an employee. If someone hires a contractor to do a job then they should be prepared to pay a price that covers that contractors required insurances, tools, taxes, costs of doing business, wages, etc.

What liberties have citizens lost due to immigration law? Bueler....Bueler.....Bueler..... anybody.....anybody....

Last edited by TreeDoc; January 13th, 2018 at 01:53 PM.
TreeDoc is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 02:16 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a House
Posts: 224
There are no jobs willingly offered to illegals, they either work for cash via day labor or they fake/forge/steal SS numbers in order to show work authorization documents. They steal the job. To live n an apartment or house they must fill out an application, nowhere on that application does it ask if they are here legally or illegally. The landlord is limited to what can be asked of the proposed tenant. As a patron how does one tell if illegals are working in a company? How can they be called guests when they are stealing and doing things they are unauthorized to legally do here?

The government can find out who is here illegally working fairly easily, in fact they have again started doing so as 7-11 is finding out. hopefully there are more to come. The issue the government will have is proving or showing that the employer knowingly hired the illegal worker. Walmart was never convicted of hiring illegals, neither was Target. Unfortunately for both the janitorial services they hired used illegals.

A One World Government is nothing more than a scare tactic of extremist morons.

Illegals have few Constitutional protections, namely the 5th, 6th and 14th Due Process Clauses and the 14th Equal Protection Clause. They are within the jurisdiction of the US and are subject to our laws in a non-political condition. Because they entered illegally, they can not be conscripted, they can not own a firearm or weapon, they can not vote, etc. So I'll ask again: What liberties have citizens lost due to immigration law? The short answer is NONE.

Last edited by TreeDoc; January 13th, 2018 at 02:39 PM.
TreeDoc is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 02:50 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
This is of course, a myth.

In defending Liberty, I'm always being put into the untenable position of defending people that aren't that important to me personally.

The facts are that most people who come here from foreign countries and do not have papers still pay taxes. Most of them get an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number and pay the freaking taxes. That part of this debate is a non-issue. Study upon study (both at the state and federal levels) comes back to say that undocumented workers pay as much in taxes as they receive in benefits. You have to bear in mind that they pay $12 BILLION DOLLARS yearly into Socialist Security and cannot draw a dime back out in retirement. That alone is a large chunk of any federal income taxes they would be obligated to pay.

The only federal resources that are costing us is the enforcement of laws that the AMERICANS have no respect for. NOBODY is twisting your arm and forcing you to shop at Walmart nor are they forcing you to hire these people to do low wage jobs.

The reality is, and NOBODY can deny it, that a lot of jobs that these foreigners take are not being claimed by Americans because they will not work them. I'll be damned if I pay Bubba a surgeon's wages to do a job it took him a whopping six months to learn. Most low wage workers would rather wash dishes for $10 an hour than to be entrepreneurial enough to go around the neighborhood, offering to cut grass for $20 an hour. They'll work for Bubba for $10 an hour - and Bubba will charge you $50 or $60 an hour. But, most Americans won't work independently of corporate masters.

We are doing nothing except telling low wage workers that employers owe them a job AND a high wage for neglecting their education. We're a nation that would rather put those with emotional issues (like the phony condition of ADD / ADHD or autistic people) on drugs rather than create programs to get them before employers and claim some of those positions.

Rather than take other avenues to resolve the symptoms you claim to be concerned about, you are advocating building a bigger and more intrusive government. You are advocating building a government that imposes conditions on us that jeopardize OUR fundamental Liberties.
Before I respond to each of your points you need to do some sourcing
guy39 is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 05:56 PM   #35
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Before I respond to each of your points you need to do some sourcing
As you wish.

"In most of the estimates that CBO examined, however, spending for unauthorized immigrants accounted for less than 5 percent of total state and local spending for those services. Spending for unauthorized immigrants in certain jurisdictions in California was higher but still represented less than 10 percent of total spending form those service...

Workers who do not qualify for SSNs can use Individual Tax Identification Numbers issued by the IRS to file tax returns, make payments, and apply for refunds. Although there are no reliable data on unauthorized immigrants’
rate of compliance with tax laws, the IRS estimates that about 6 million unauthorized immigrants file individual income tax returns each year.23 Other researchers estimate that between 50 percent and 75 percent of unauthorized immigrants pay federal, state, and local taxes
...

Although it is difficult to obtain precise estimates of the net impact of the unauthorized population on state and local budgets (see Box 1), that impact is most likely modest..."

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fi...mmigration.pdf

(The CBO is nonpartisan)


"Stephen Goss, the chief actuary of the Social Security Administration (SSA), told VICE News that an estimated 7 million people are currently working in the US illegally. Of those, he estimates that about 3.1 million are using fake or expired social security numbers, yet also paying automatic payroll taxes. Goss believes that these workers pay an annual net contribution of $12 billion to the Social Security Trust Fund.

The SSA estimates that unauthorized workers have paid a whopping $100 billion into the fund over the past decade. Yet as these people are in the US illegally, it is unlikely that they will be able to benefit from their contributions later in life
."

https://news.vice.com/article/unauth...er-last-decade

"While unauthorized immigrants worked and contributed as much as $13 billion in payroll taxes to the OASDI program in 2010, only about $1 billion in benefit payments during 2010 are attributable to unauthorized work. Thus, we estimate that earnings by unauthorized immigrants result in a net positive effect on Social Security financial status generally, and that this effect contributed roughly $12 billion to the cash flow of the program for 2010. We estimate that future years will experience a continuation of this positive impact on the trust funds."

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/NOTES/pdf_notes/note151.pdf


"Giovanni Peri, an economist at the University of California, Davis, has written a series of influential papers comparing the labor markets in states with high immigration levels to those with low ones. He concluded that undocumented workers do not compete with skilled laborers — instead, they complement them. Economies, as Adam Smith argued in “Wealth of Nations,” work best when workers become specialized and divide up tasks among themselves. Pedro Chan’s ability to take care of routine tasks on a work site allows carpenters and electricians to focus on what they do best. In states with more undocumented immigrants, Peri said, skilled workers made more money and worked more hours; the economy’s productivity grew. From 1990 to 2007, undocumented workers increased legal workers’ pay in complementary jobs by up to 10 percent."

Do Illegal Immigrants Actually Hurt the U.S. Economy? - The New York Times

"...undocumented immigrants pay as much as $90 billion in taxes but receive just $5 billion in benefits. The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) estimated that in 2010 undocumented immigrants paid as much as $10.6 billion in state and local taxes alone."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b010527d6780b0

"They (immigrants) are 32 percent more likely to work than the native-born population (57.8 percent of immigrants working versus 43.7 percent of natives)...

Undocumented immigrants in Tennessee are estimated to number 128,620, or 2 percent of the state’s population.

They are demonized for their legal status, but overall they are giving more to society than they are getting back
..."

https://www.tennessean.com/story/opi...orce/88556128/

Also read this:

http://www.investmentnews.com/articl...ocial-security

After you've looked over those sources, I will provide you with that many more.
discollector is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 06:28 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
As you wish.

"In most of the estimates that CBO examined, however, spending for unauthorized immigrants accounted for less than 5 percent of total state and local spending for those services. Spending for unauthorized immigrants in certain jurisdictions in California was higher but still represented less than 10 percent of total spending form those service...

Workers who do not qualify for SSNs can use Individual Tax Identification Numbers issued by the IRS to file tax returns, make payments, and apply for refunds. Although there are no reliable data on unauthorized immigrants’
rate of compliance with tax laws, the IRS estimates that about 6 million unauthorized immigrants file individual income tax returns each year.23 Other researchers estimate that between 50 percent and 75 percent of unauthorized immigrants pay federal, state, and local taxes
...

Although it is difficult to obtain precise estimates of the net impact of the unauthorized population on state and local budgets (see Box 1), that impact is most likely modest..."

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fi...mmigration.pdf

(The CBO is nonpartisan)


"Stephen Goss, the chief actuary of the Social Security Administration (SSA), told VICE News that an estimated 7 million people are currently working in the US illegally. Of those, he estimates that about 3.1 million are using fake or expired social security numbers, yet also paying automatic payroll taxes. Goss believes that these workers pay an annual net contribution of $12 billion to the Social Security Trust Fund.

The SSA estimates that unauthorized workers have paid a whopping $100 billion into the fund over the past decade. Yet as these people are in the US illegally, it is unlikely that they will be able to benefit from their contributions later in life
."

https://news.vice.com/article/unauth...er-last-decade

"While unauthorized immigrants worked and contributed as much as $13 billion in payroll taxes to the OASDI program in 2010, only about $1 billion in benefit payments during 2010 are attributable to unauthorized work. Thus, we estimate that earnings by unauthorized immigrants result in a net positive effect on Social Security financial status generally, and that this effect contributed roughly $12 billion to the cash flow of the program for 2010. We estimate that future years will experience a continuation of this positive impact on the trust funds."

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/NOTES/pdf_notes/note151.pdf


"Giovanni Peri, an economist at the University of California, Davis, has written a series of influential papers comparing the labor markets in states with high immigration levels to those with low ones. He concluded that undocumented workers do not compete with skilled laborers — instead, they complement them. Economies, as Adam Smith argued in “Wealth of Nations,” work best when workers become specialized and divide up tasks among themselves. Pedro Chan’s ability to take care of routine tasks on a work site allows carpenters and electricians to focus on what they do best. In states with more undocumented immigrants, Peri said, skilled workers made more money and worked more hours; the economy’s productivity grew. From 1990 to 2007, undocumented workers increased legal workers’ pay in complementary jobs by up to 10 percent."

Do Illegal Immigrants Actually Hurt the U.S. Economy? - The New York Times

"...undocumented immigrants pay as much as $90 billion in taxes but receive just $5 billion in benefits. The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) estimated that in 2010 undocumented immigrants paid as much as $10.6 billion in state and local taxes alone."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b010527d6780b0

"They (immigrants) are 32 percent more likely to work than the native-born population (57.8 percent of immigrants working versus 43.7 percent of natives)...

Undocumented immigrants in Tennessee are estimated to number 128,620, or 2 percent of the state’s population.

They are demonized for their legal status, but overall they are giving more to society than they are getting back
..."

https://www.tennessean.com/story/opi...orce/88556128/

Also read this:

http://www.investmentnews.com/articl...ocial-security

After you've looked over those sources, I will provide you with that many more.
Quote:
In most of the estimates that CBO examined, however, spending for unauthorized immigrants accounted for less than 5 percent of total state and local spending for those services. Spending for unauthorized immigrants in certain jurisdictions in California was higher but still represented less than 10 percent of total spending form those service[/I]...
When I see a bunch of dollar amounts but a percentage thrown in that is when my bullshit meter starts going off. There is a reason for that. If we look at what your percentages in actual dollars cost really its not that good of a number.
Quote:
At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens.
https://fairus.org/issue/publication...ates-taxpayers

compare those numbers to 12 billion into SS. I get the other argument, they pay sales at pos. So do legal entrants. Also, merely filing is not paying taxes. The argument that they do the jobs that American will not is just what was said about black slaves.
Quote:
Black slaves have the temperament for the hot cotton fields
. Its a disgusting argument that is very racist, rather intended or not. Now, lets be honest. Illegal aliens work cheaper than Americans. Americans will do the same job, they just wont do it for shit wages.This really flies in the face of progressive politics who demand higher wages constantly, yet demand open borders and make the same arguments that you made time and time again.

I appreciate your sourcing, but sugar coating it does not change the cost benefit. Also, you did not even touch on how much US currency that is sent out of our nation.

Quote:
These annual "remittances" — as they're called by analysts — topped $69 billion in 2016, according to central bank data compiled in a new report by the Inter-American Dialogue, a Washington, D.C.-based think-tank.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...oney-than-ever
Thanks from TreeDoc

Last edited by guy39; January 14th, 2018 at 07:49 AM.
guy39 is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 07:46 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a House
Posts: 224
I like how the CBO confirms that illegals have an impact on state and local budgets, i.e. they cost the taxpayers money.

Unauthorized workers (includes illegals but is not strictly illegals) include non-matched SS numbers to names, which includes women who got divorced/married and never changed their information, employers who may have transposed a number, etc. Half of that money is paid by the employer, thus lowering the amount any illegal may have contributed.
Quote:
Every year, the Social Security Administration collects billions of dollars in taxes that it doesn’t know who paid. Whenever employers send in W-2 forms that have Social Security numbers that don’t match with anyone on record, the agency routes the paperwork to what’s called the Earnings Suspense File, where it sits until people can prove the wages were theirs, allowing them to one day collect retirement benefits.

The Earnings Suspense File now contains Social Security tax forms that date back to 1937
and are linked to the taxes that were paid on nearly $1.3 trillion in wages. Some of the W-2s in it belong to people who got married and never reported changing their name. Others are people who filled out their tax forms incorrectly. As of 2014, efforts to track these taxpayers down allowed the Social Security Administration to match 171 million tax forms to their rightful owners.
https://www.theatlantic.com/business...-taxes/499604/

Funny how Peri's claim goes against what the CBO stated. Huffington posts article links to a report that uses all foreign born to come up with the $90B number which is both legal and illegal immigrants. Tennessee is an opinion piece and the investment piece is a what possibly could be. SHRUG

How about this
Quote:
In 2010, the average unlawful immigrant household received around $24,721 in government benefits and services while paying some $10,334 in taxes. This generated an average annual fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of around $14,387 per household. This cost had to be borne by U.S. taxpayers. Amnesty would provide unlawful households with access to over 80 means-tested welfare programs, Obamacare, Social Security, and Medicare. The fiscal deficit for each household would soar.
https://www.heritage.org/immigration...he-us-taxpayer

So I'll post up a link from the Migration Policy institute that shows exactly what I stated and that illegals actually cost the GDP. https://www.migrationpolicy.org/rese...-united-states
Quote:
Based on the profile of immigrant households in the US Current Population Survey, households headed by an unauthorized immigrant appear to generate a short-run net fiscal cost of approximately 0.1 percent of US GDP. 24
Now lets look at the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration report.
Quote:
The study, conducted by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA), found that claims for this credit by these individuals have escalated sharply from $924 million in 2005 to $4.2 billion in 2010.
...
Federal law denies such individuals the Earned Income Tax Credit and most Federal public benefits. IRS management’s view is that the law does not provide sufficient legal authority for the IRS to disallow the ACTC to unauthorized workers.
https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/press...ta-2011-52.htm
and
https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/t...edits-illegals

Last edited by TreeDoc; January 13th, 2018 at 08:10 PM.
TreeDoc is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:40 PM   #38
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
When I see a bunch of dollar amounts but a percentage thrown in that is when my bullshit meter starts going off. There is a reason for that. If we look at what your percentages in actual cost really is its not that good of a number.
https://fairus.org/issue/publication...ates-taxpayers

compare those numbers to 12 billion into SS. I get the other argument, they pay sales at pos. So do legal entrants. Also, merely filing is not paying taxes. The argument that they do the jobs that American will not is just what was said about black slaves.. Its a disgusting argument that is very racist, rather intended or not. Now, lets be honest. Illegal aliens work cheaper than Americans. Americans will do the same job, they just wont do it for shit wages.This really flies in the face of progressive politics who demand higher wages constantly, yet demand open borders and make the same arguments that you made time and time again.

I appreciate your sourcing, but sugar coating it does not change the cost benefit. Also, you did not even touch on how much US currency that is sent out of our nation.


https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...oney-than-ever

I noticed you used fairus as your citing source. So, while you challenge nonpartisan studies, you cite fairus.org.

That site was bankrolled by John Tanton. Tanton is a white supremacist that supports eugenics. You better believe my B.S. meter sounded off rather loudly.

You haven't had the time to read the studies so, we now both know what you are willing to believe.
discollector is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 07:17 AM   #39
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 808
Guy39 accuses me of sugar coating this topic, but the best he can do is use a white supremacy organization as his citing source. Let's be clear:

In my sources, unlike all my critics, I'm seeking out the most non-partisan sources possible and the highest ranking authority on the subject. When you have a debate or you make even a legal case, you have to look for the best evidence; the highest authorities you can. Anti-immigrant critics try to use lower ranking sources and those sources tainted by bias (i.e. the John Tanton non-profit organizations for example.)

So let me not sugar coat this:

The reason undocumented workers come to America is due to the simple fact that Americans willingly hire, rent to, sell to, buy from and otherwise do business with foreigners. The foreigners come here because they are willing to work and they are profitable; therefore, the employers prefer them. And, it's not only the wages, it's their output of work.

I'd love for it to be different, but the average American will not work through the system to encourage politicians to create avenues whereby the employers will pay more money for labor. The average American of working age sits on their ass in a spare bedroom or the basement of mommy's house, smoking pot, scratching their nuts, and complaining about the world situation via their keyboards. Mothers allow their children to stay in the home, avoiding responsibility and not learning how to work, manage a budget, further their education, and become responsible citizens.

Not only is the birth rate down for the posterity of this nation, but between homosexual relationships and inter-racial relationships, not to mention the fact that America has more people in prison than any nation on this planet, it should be obvious what the REAL PROBLEM is.

Kicking a working foreigner out of this country will not make the dirt bag sitting behind his keyboard citing white supremacy talking points go out and get a job. Coming down on productive workers does not create a job for the freak of nature covered in tattoos, body piercings, reeking of pot and cigarette smoke with a criminal record and no real job experience.

Increasing the tools of tyranny only encourages employers to seek out even more foreign workers. For if the American worker is disadvantaged by his drug use, lack of education, criminal record, and their past, they are unemployable. Period. Maybe if background checks that go into criminal records where it is unnecessary were outlawed, it might give some people the opportunity to get a second chance. IF we take a look at the government forcing people to get on drugs in order to get help - and then they become drug addicts when they cannot afford the "legal" drugs we might be a step closer to solving our own internal problems.

The reality is, the last time we had a major effort to deport all the people from south of the border, our unemployment rate doubled in less than five years. The reality is that between 1983 and 2001 the United States had an unemployment rate that was at an all time high of 10.4 percent and it came down to 4 percent by the year 2000

US Unemployment Rate by Year

Bear in mind that during those years we had open borders, undocumented workers taking advantage of jobs willingly offered, and SEVEN amnesties whereby those workers could become citizens. The reality is there is NO correlation between them having access to the jobs and Americans getting the jobs. Today, without kicking people out of the country, we are headed to almost statistical 0 unemployment (at least according to Newsmax.)

At the end of the day, I don't give two hoots in Hell who gets the jobs. If Americans want the jobs, they have to be willing to work, get off drugs, learn how to be responsible, and quit blaming everybody on the face of the earth for their problems.

My entire interest in this is that I believe in Freedom and Liberty. I'm sick of the atmosphere of the pee test, blood test, give a hair sample, MVR check, credit check, criminal background check, driver's license, National ID Card, Socialist Surveillance Number ...ooops, "Social Security Number," occupation license, proof of insurance, and a valid voter ID just to get a cell phone or a job in a warehouse or fast food dump.

I'm tired of Americans wanting to pass laws that deny to foreigners Due Process when those same laws are used against Americans. I've already witnessed too many times that an American was victimized by the silly laws Americans support, falsely believing that those laws will only be implemented against a specific class of people they believe to be the bad guy. And, while my critics may have me over a barrel so that I cannot give you examples, they are very real. A PM to me might be a way you can get more info.

I'm going to leave you with a parting thought (though most people find no use for it yet.) Remember it, however. It will be of a benefit to you some day:

"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck." Frederick Douglass, former slave
discollector is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 07:41 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a House
Posts: 224
I like how even the previous CBO report uses Fairus.org as a citation in their own report that is claimed to be non-partisan. From page 14 of the linked CBO report:
Quote:
Martin, Jack, and Ira Mehlman, The Costs of Illegal Immigration
to Californians (Washington, D.C.: Federation
for American Immigration Reform, November
2004), available at www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?
pagename=iic_immigrationissuecentersffec.
So how does a non-partisan link use a now claimed partisan link in it? SMFH

Just because a source makes a persons claim inept does not mean the source is a bad source, it just means the person is unable to accept basic facts and has no refutation.

How do Americans willingly hire illegals? The worker is suppose to provide specific documents to the employer as required via the I-9. The employer does not know if the documents are fake/forged/or stolen. This info goes to the feds and the employer may receive a no match letter on the employee (this can take upwards of 6 months to get the letter). Landlords are not allowed to ask certain questions on applications and again are limited to accepting fake/forged/ or stolen documents. If a foreigner is working how is a patron suppose to know he is an illegal? Does one judge him by the color of their skin or the accent in their speech?

So lets go back to the non-partisan CBO link
Quote:
Although it is difficult to obtain precise estimates of the net impact of the unauthorized population on state and local budgets (see Box 1), that impact is most likely modest
this non-partisan link says illegals have a net impact on local and state budgets, thus they cost us money for being here.

So how can one then turn right around and claim a link is non-partisan and then deny exactly what that link points out, illegals cost us money at the local and state levels?

Last edited by TreeDoc; January 14th, 2018 at 08:11 AM.
TreeDoc is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Immigration

Tags
show, state



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swing State Polls Show Close Race Between Clinton, Trump excalibur Current Events 17 June 21st, 2016 09:16 AM
Showdown in the "Show Me" State LongWinded Current Events 0 September 14th, 2015 03:11 PM
FACT SHEET: The Economic Case for Increasing the Minimum Wage: State by State Impact The White House The White House 0 March 20th, 2014 09:10 AM
Plan To Repeal Doma State By State Ray Kaye Gay and Lesbian Rights 2 April 7th, 2011 01:36 AM
Boehner a no-show at White House state dinner msnbc.com Current Events 3 January 22nd, 2011 10:58 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.