Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Immigration

Immigration Immigration Political Forum - For topics and discussions about illegal immigrants and immigrant rights


Thanks Tree42Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2018, 11:40 AM   #21
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 31,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Capitalism requires an underclass to exploit. It always has, always will.

Immigration, legal or not, has been the primary source of underclass workers to exploit, the workers who will do the jobs Americans won't do .... for the wages paid to immigrant workers.
Dated today.

Mar-a-Lago files request to hire 61 foreign temporary workers

https://cnn.com/2018/07/06/politics/...est/index.html
RNG is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 11:41 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
And what does THAT have to do with TNV's LIE ??? Which is what I was referring to.
What lie?
caconservative is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 11:44 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
What lie?
Uhh post #5 where TNV said Ellis Island was where new immigrants underwent EXTREME VETTING when they arrived here !!!!
Thanks from Hollywood
BubbaJones is online now  
Old July 7th, 2018, 11:44 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Maybe you ought to inform TNVolunteer73 that before he makes more dumb comparisons.
What comparison did TNV make?
caconservative is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 11:47 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Uhh post #5 where TNV said Ellis Island was where new immigrants underwent EXTREME VETTING when they arrived here !!!!
What do you think immigration officials were doing there? What were the needs of the U.S. during that time-frame? We've got more than enough poor, uneducated, and unskilled. Why allow more in? That's just stupid!!
caconservative is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 11:53 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
What do you think immigration officials were doing there? What were the needs of the U.S. during that time-frame? We've got more than enough poor, uneducated, and unskilled. Why allow more in? That's just stupid!!
What were they doing at Ellis Island ?? Read a little history why don't you ?? Basically all they did was make a record of who was coming in, and separating and quarantining those that appeared sick.


As for today's immigration, talk to your corporate masters about it. THEY are who control the government and THEY are who want the country flooded with millions of low wage minions. Even dear leader TRUMP !!!

Trump's Mar-a-Lago seeks to hire 61 foreign workers | Fox News
Thanks from Hollywood
BubbaJones is online now  
Old July 7th, 2018, 12:06 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
What were they doing at Ellis Island ?? Read a little history why don't you ?? Basically all they did was make a record of who was coming in, and separating and quarantining those that appeared sick.


As for today's immigration, talk to your corporate masters about it. THEY are who control the government and THEY are who want the country flooded with millions of low wage minions. Even dear leader TRUMP !!!

Trump's Mar-a-Lago seeks to hire 61 foreign workers | Fox News
Why is Mar-a-Largo asking for limited time visas?

Ellis Island’s role as a gateway for immigrants began to change in the early 1920s, when a series of federal laws ended the open door immigration policy and established quotas for the number of new arrivals to the United States. By 1925, the government had also shifted the inspection process from American ports to the U.S. consulates abroad, leaving Ellis Island to operate primarily as a detention center and deportation point for undesirable immigrants. The island was used to imprison and evict suspected communists and political radicals during the Red Scare (anarchist Emma Goldman was a notable deportee), and later served as a detention center for communists during the Cold War. The government’s legally ambiguous detainment policies eventually spawned a series of high profile lawsuits that stained Ellis Island’s reputation with the American public. In November 1954, the port was closed for good as part of a federal cost-saving measure.
caconservative is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 12:10 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Dated today.

Mar-a-Lago files request to hire 61 foreign temporary workers

https://cnn.com/2018/07/06/politics/...est/index.html
Quote:
Though Mar-a-Lago requested 61 visas, information has not been made public on how many visas it will receive.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is online now  
Old July 7th, 2018, 12:53 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Why is Mar-a-Largo asking for limited time visas?

Ellis Island’s role as a gateway for immigrants began to change in the early 1920s, when a series of federal laws ended the open door immigration policy and established quotas for the number of new arrivals to the United States. By 1925, the government had also shifted the inspection process from American ports to the U.S. consulates abroad, leaving Ellis Island to operate primarily as a detention center and deportation point for undesirable immigrants. The island was used to imprison and evict suspected communists and political radicals during the Red Scare (anarchist Emma Goldman was a notable deportee), and later served as a detention center for communists during the Cold War. The government’s legally ambiguous detainment policies eventually spawned a series of high profile lawsuits that stained Ellis Island’s reputation with the American public. In November 1954, the port was closed for good as part of a federal cost-saving measure.

Great, you've learned a new skill today. You can copy and paste from a history site (wikipedia per chance?) but I still don't know what you're ranting on about.

TNV clearly stated that Ellis Island was a site of "EXTREME VETTING". As your article clearly states THERE WAS NO VETTING AT ALL until the 1920's. And then, what little vetting was taking place, was was moved to the embassies in foreign countries.

TNV simply LIED, he's pathological that way. I and a couple of others merely pointed out this lie.

As for Mar A Lago and their request for FOREIGN LABORERS ask dear leader !!!! IT'S HIS FUCKING COMPANY !!!!! So much for MAKING AMERICA GREAT so much for AMERICA and AMERICANS FIRST !!! It's called HYPOCRISY !!!!
BubbaJones is online now  
Old July 8th, 2018, 10:10 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Great, you've learned a new skill today. You can copy and paste from a history site (wikipedia per chance?) but I still don't know what you're ranting on about.

TNV clearly stated that Ellis Island was a site of "EXTREME VETTING". As your article clearly states THERE WAS NO VETTING AT ALL until the 1920's. And then, what little vetting was taking place, was was moved to the embassies in foreign countries.

TNV simply LIED, he's pathological that way. I and a couple of others merely pointed out this lie.

As for Mar A Lago and their request for FOREIGN LABORERS ask dear leader !!!! IT'S HIS FUCKING COMPANY !!!!! So much for MAKING AMERICA GREAT so much for AMERICA and AMERICANS FIRST !!! It's called HYPOCRISY !!!!
What are you not getting? Until the 1920's this country needed immigrants, hence, a lowering of vetting. In the 1920's this government took the steps then needed to use proper vetting. In 2018, the vetting process should be increased. We are NOT in need of uneducated, unskilled poor. We've got enough of our own. America First means, the needs of legal American citizens take precedence over immigrants. Your analogy is indeed, HYPOCRITICAL.
Thanks from Flanders111
caconservative is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Immigration

Tags
back, france, ship



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rats, sinking ship, etc. goober Politicians 2 October 8th, 2016 03:51 PM
Russians buzz ship, nothing done! Patriot66 Current Events 425 April 22nd, 2016 11:47 AM
Navy ship stopped. pana8 Current Events 9 December 14th, 2013 12:55 PM
Are we on a “Ship of Fools”? coberst Philosophy 14 June 29th, 2009 09:16 AM
You Might Not Want to Ship with UPS... tadpole256 Business & Industries 8 December 28th, 2008 07:39 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.