Political Forums
Forum Notice

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Liberalism Liberalism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2011, 05:49 AM   #1
Bye, Ya better behave.
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 13,841
In a sentence or two, quickly post your main reason for the not wanting to vote democratic. It could either be past, present, or future reasons why you won't vote for a democrat or another democrat (in that you voted democratic before and will never do it again). Liberals can also leave a comment in a sentence or two about what irritates them about the democratic party.



I will not debate you, question you, or point out any misinformation on this thread. Others might but I will not. I please ask for no snarky comments like, I hate their logo or I hate the color blue. I'll might leave a private message for the person who state a reason that makes the most sense.



Democratic hate lightning post begaaaains NOW.
Fayt is offline  
Remove Ads
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 3,472
Main reason............The Democratic Party has a strong pro-abortion position. Pro-abortion is the Partys platform.



Other big reasons ....DEMOCRATS WANT BIG GOVERNMENT, weak military. They are all about wanting community and social justice and not as much for personal resonability and personal rights.
azchurchmouse is offline  
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
scrjnki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Martinez, California USA
Posts: 1,274
I do vote for some Democrats, but that is not the same as "voting Democrat" I am thinking. I don't believe in voting a party-line ticket, because I don't see the political party system as functional in the way it was originally devised. So, I vote on the merits of a given candidate or proposition, and the mailer that comes to my house from the Democratic Party before every election to tell all of us loyal registered Democrats how the party wants us to vote, goes right in the recycling bin unread. I do my own research, thank you very much.
scrjnki is offline  
Old January 10th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
mikelew007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
Main reason............The Democratic Party has a strong pro-abortion position. Pro-abortion is the Partys platform.



Other big reasons ....DEMOCRATS WANT BIG GOVERNMENT, weak military. They are all about wanting community and social justice and not as much for personal resonability and personal rights.


1. Pro-choice is different from pro-abortion. You want a country that has pro-abortion laws, go to China.



2. Both Ds and Rs like government when it suits their ideologies, and the defense budget is bigger than ever under President Obama and when the Dems had the both House and Senate. Our military's budget grew in 2009-2010.
mikelew007 is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:42 AM   #5
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,368
They are pro-choice but against personal rights? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. What a load of bull in that post.



What irritates me about democrats is that they are far too complacent when they are being smeared. Every group has faults, but when the opposing party spreads lies, they are too wishy washy, and they think that the general public knows that the smears are lies. Guess what? They don't.
waitingtables is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #6
Not Believing My Eyes....
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 29,807
Funny, for years Rs said the same thing about Bush not defending himself against D smears.



Partisanship .... one of the banes of our nation.
imaginethat is online now  
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #7
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Funny, for years Rs said the same thing about Bush not defending himself against D smears.



Partisanship .... one of the banes of our nation.




Have we not concluded that Bush was one of the worst presidents that this country has ever had? The smears against Bush weren't really coming from actual elected officials, it was more the left fringe. In Obama's case, we had Senators and Representatives feeding into the fact that he might not be a citizen and was a secret Muslim. I'm sorry, but this is exactly what I'm talking about. Just because boith sides have spoken out against a president, doesn't make what was said the same.
waitingtables is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 3,472
“Pro-choice is different from pro-abortion”



Won’t get into a debate here.....but being pro-choice means that you want the option for killing open to the people who want to kill. How is that pro-life for the unborns killed?



Quote:



“You want a country that has pro-abortion laws, go to China.”




We allow women to kill their babies, they are not forced but the option is there.



Quote:



“Have we not concluded that Bush was one of the worst presidents that this country has ever had? The smears against Bush weren't really coming from actual elected officials, it was more the left fringe. In Obama's case, we had Senators and Representatives feeding into the fact that he might not be a citizen and was a secret Muslim. I'm sorry, but this is exactly what I'm talking about. Just because boith sides have spoken out against a president, doesn't make what was said the same.’




The smears came from the Democratic Party members. A Congressman specifically called Bush Hitler and said that 9-11 was planned by Bush.



http://newsbusters.org/node/14103



Many people do not believe he is a citizen. A duplicate is not an original and he won’t even release his medical or educational records. He is hiding something.



azchurchmouse is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
mikelew007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
“Pro-choice is different from pro-abortion”



Won’t get into a debate here.....but being pro-choice means that you want the option for killing open to the people who want to kill.


Yes, yes it is, and I am pro-choice. I believe that women should have the choice as to whether or not they want to start a family, that is not the government's job to decide. If you want to call it murder, well that's your opinion and you're free to have it, the law says it isn't murder. When you start actively pushing abortions like the Chinese government, THAT is pro-abortion.



Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
How is that pro-life for the unborns killed?


Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
We allow women to kill their babies, they are not forced but the option is there.


Yeesh, thought you didn't want a debate, and yet you throw out loaded rhetoric lol.



Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
The smears came from the Democratic Party members. A Congressman specifically called Bush Hitler and said that 9-11 was planned by Bush.



http://newsbusters.org/node/14103


Wrong, Congressman Ellison compared the Nazis' scapegoating of the Communists for the Reichstag Fire, to the use of 9/11 as justification for going into Iraq, that's not exactly calling Bush, Hitler.



Oh and I like how you claimed the guy thought Bush planned 9/11.



Quote:
The fact is that I'm not saying [Sept. 11] was a [U.S.] plan, or anything like that because, you know, that's how they put you in the nut-ball box -- dismiss you." - Keith Ellison
Try reading your articles before jumping the gun.



Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
Many people do not believe he is a citizen. A duplicate is not an original and he won’t even release his medical or educational records. He is hiding something.


Even if 100% of the citizens thought Obama was foreign-born, they have zero proof on their side. On the factual side, we have a birth certificate saying he was born in Hawaii, birth announcements in two Hawaiian newspapers at the time of his birth, the state of Hawaii including GOP Governor Linda Lingle saying was born there, and we have no objections from the folks who had and have the most to gain from Obama's alleged ineligibility. (Clinton, McCain, their respective campaign machines, the Republican Party.) There would have to be some gigantic, multinational conspiracy in order for this to work



Occam's Razor really, really cuts deep and hard against the birther conspiracy nuts.
mikelew007 is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #10
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,368
That's exactly right mikelew007. She is doing exactly what the far right always does. They will never stop.
waitingtables is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
mikelew007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
In a sentence or two, quickly post your main reason for the not wanting to vote democratic. It could either be past, present, or future reasons why you won't vote for a democrat or another democrat (in that you voted democratic before and will never do it again). Liberals can also leave a comment in a sentence or two about what irritates them about the democratic party.



I will not debate you, question you, or point out any misinformation on this thread. Others might but I will not. I please ask for no snarky comments like, I hate their logo or I hate the color blue. I'll might leave a private message for the person who state a reason that makes the most sense.



Democratic hate lightning post begaaaains NOW.


Because I'm not a partisan shill, and sometimes I find other candidates for office from different parties that more appealing than the Democrat.
mikelew007 is offline  
Old January 13th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 3,472
Quote:



“Yes, yes it is, and I am pro-choice. I believe that women should have the choice as to whether or not they want to start a family, that is not the government's job to decide. If you want to call it murder, well that's your opinion and you're free to have it, the law says it isn't murder. When you start actively pushing abortions like the Chinese government, THAT is pro-abortion.”




Then you are pro-abortion, which I said all along. You want the choice to kill living human children always to be an option and on the table. Yes literally on the table. The government is wrong on this one and that is why it is very careful not to ever give the fetus personhood. That is why they will not allow any scientist anymore testify before Congress about life in the womb. Science is on the side of life, not the position of our country on abortion. You do NOT have to push abortion to be pro-abortion, you are an example of that, you just don’t like the sound of it and want to come across more compassionate. You probably are more compassionate against the whale and seal population than you are against human babies in the womb. You are not for forcing women....but you still are “PRO” ABOUT ABORTION.



I believe the term “pro is Latin for the word "for." You are FOR ABORTION.



Other definition of Pro that I have found....”Pro means, in favor of (an action or proposal etc.); "a pro vote".







Why won’t Obama release his medical and educational information? Every president has done that.



http://rightsoup.com/list-of-records-obama-refuses-to-release/



http://2012poleshift.wetpaint.com/page/Obama+Stonewalls%3B+Refuses+To+Release+Vital+Paper s



He says he graduated Magna Cum Laude yet he has no idea how many states make up the United States…or how many bombs hit Pearl Harbor. He thought one….Some Harvard education eh?



Who is Obama, really? The fact that he was and is unwilling to share educational records especially those at Harvard adds to the whole controversy as to his identity and motives.



azchurchmouse is offline  
Old January 13th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #13
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post




Then you are pro-abortion, which I said all along. You want the choice to kill living human children always to be an option and on the table. Yes literally on the table. The government is wrong on this one and that is why it is very careful not to ever give the fetus personhood. That is why they will not allow any scientist anymore testify before Congress about life in the womb. Science is on the side of life, not the position of our country on abortion. You do NOT have to push abortion to be pro-abortion, you are an example of that, you just don’t like the sound of it and want to come across more compassionate. You probably are more compassionate against the whale and seal population than you are against human babies in the womb. You are not for forcing women....but you still are “PRO” ABOUT ABORTION.



I believe the term “pro is Latin for the word "for." You are FOR ABORTION.



Other definition of Pro that I have found....”Pro means, in favor of (an action or proposal etc.); "a pro vote".







Why won’t Obama release his medical and educational information? Every president has done that.



http://rightsoup.com/list-of-records-obama-refuses-to-release/



http://2012poleshift.wetpaint.com/page/Obama+Stonewalls%3B+Refuses+To+Release+Vital+Paper s



He says he graduated Magna Cum Laude yet he has no idea how many states make up the United States…or how many bombs hit Pearl Harbor. He thought one….Some Harvard education eh?



Who is Obama, really? The fact that he was and is unwilling to share educational records especially those at Harvard adds to the whole controversy as to his identity and motives.




That is a bunch of idiotic bunk. Hyperbole and inflammatory language are all you lunatics have. The world you live in is not reality. You need help. There is no controversy over the president's identity or motives. Keep reading your insane religious conspiracy theories and pretending that you are helping someone somewhere, we all know what your ilk are really all about. You aren't fooling anyone. Except maybe yourself.



Pretending that you support the Constitution and then advocating for keeping a woman from deciding what is best for her own life and family is the height of arrogance and ego. You are exactly what is wrong with this country right now. I hope you sleep well at night.
waitingtables is offline  
Old January 13th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 3,472
There ya go Waitingtables......running from the point, the questions. WHY DIDN’T HE RELEASE INFORMATION THAT EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT HAS RELEASED?



WHO THE HECK IS HE REALLY? Democrats think if you have something to hide its a plus.







You call me a lunatic? You who champion killing the unborn until nine months....and you call me a lunatic? I cornered you and you have no way out. You say you own your body...nobody has the right to tell you what to do with it. You said the unborn is not a person.......and then you turn around and say after viability abortion is wrong. You are such a hypocrite...your sense of morality is all over the place like I said.







I love what Coulter said.... People aren’t mad when lies are told about them, they get angry when the truth is told about them. And you are one angry person...so angry that you can not debate without flapping off with demeaning language. So flap away....show more anger.



azchurchmouse is offline  
Old January 13th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
mikelew007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
There ya go Waitingtables......running from the point, the questions. WHY DIDN’T HE RELEASE INFORMATION THAT EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT HAS RELEASED?





WHO THE HECK IS HE REALLY? Democrats think if you have something to hide its a plus.


Which other Presidents made their birth certificates public during their campaigns for the White House? You've been running from the facts since this thread began.



Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
You call me a lunatic? You who champion killing the unborn until nine months....and you call me a lunatic? I cornered you and you have no way out. You say you own your body...nobody has the right to tell you what to do with it. You said the unborn is not a person.......and then you turn around and say after viability abortion is wrong. You are such a hypocrite...your sense of morality is all over the place like I said.



I love what Coulter said.... People aren’t mad when lies are told about them, they get angry when the truth is told about them. And you are one angry person...so angry that you can not debate without flapping off with demeaning language. So flap away....show more anger.


Lies, demeaning language, anger, now where have I seen that before?



Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
You call me a lunatic? You who champion killing the unborn until nine months....and you call me a lunatic?


Oh.
mikelew007 is offline  
Old January 13th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #16
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
There ya go Waitingtables......running from the point, the questions. WHY DIDN’T HE RELEASE INFORMATION THAT EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT HAS RELEASED?



WHO THE HECK IS HE REALLY? Democrats think if you have something to hide its a plus.







You call me a lunatic? You who champion killing the unborn until nine months....and you call me a lunatic? I cornered you and you have no way out. You say you own your body...nobody has the right to tell you what to do with it. You said the unborn is not a person.......and then you turn around and say after viability abortion is wrong. You are such a hypocrite...your sense of morality is all over the place like I said.







I love what Coulter said.... People aren’t mad when lies are told about them, they get angry when the truth is told about them. And you are one angry person...so angry that you can not debate without flapping off with demeaning language. So flap away....show more anger.


You can't even get my position on things right. You make things up as you go along. You haven't cornered me with anything. A woman has the right during the period of time that a fetus is not viable, to terminate that pregnancy if she so chooses. After that I do think abortion should only be legal in the case of the risk of the mother's life. I am not angry, I am tired of debating with people that are clueless and think they have an opinion that everyone should follow. If you don't agree with abortion, then don't have one. If God will cast you into Hell for not believing in him, then by all means, believe in him. But I don't have to live by your rules, moral judgements or idiotic misinformed opinions. Someone needs to set you straight. You aren't here to debate, you plagiarise and lie. You were the first to start calling names here when you started posting until you got it back in your face, and then you started with all of your victim crap. Get real. We can all see what a hypocrite you are. Some Christian you are, with all of your right wing, racist, homophobic ridiculous crap.
waitingtables is offline  
Old January 14th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37
Why would you not vote Democrat? Isn't that the question that shold be asked.
orangeman is offline  
Old January 14th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 3,472
Quote:



“You can't even get my position on things right.”






If I can’t it’s because you are all over the spectrum on issues, especially abortion. This is you...... I am pro-choice....but only until viability (when that is I don’t know exactly), a womans body is her own no one should tell her what she can do with it....but she shouldnt be allowed an abortion after viability. WHAT? Do you even comprehend what you are saying?







Quote:



You said, “A woman has the right during the period of time that a fetus is not viable, to terminate that pregnancy if she so chooses. After that I do think abortion should only be legal in the case of the risk of the mother's life.”






You want to enslave her. You said who knows when life starts... that science does not know....and that by law life starts when the child is born. So now you say she can’t take ownership over her body...over something you don’t even recognize as being a human life. LOL







You are bizarre and so is your thinking. You say you are tired debating with people who are clueless...well honey, you won’t even educate yourself on this issue, especially when science says life starts. You can’t face the truth because then you would be exposed for the real person you are. You dance around terms you can’t bring yourself to say....no you are the one in denial.



You tell me I should not force people to follow what I say...then you say that woman should not be able to abort after a certain date in the pregnancy. You are absolutley......well I won’t say it.







It is no wonder you get tired talking about this....you must feel dreadful about your position....but that you will never admit, not in front of this pro-abort group.



You don’t have to live by my rules...the fact is I doubt you even want rules based on your moral positions. I have never....called anyone names like I have been called or attacked on this forum.



But I do believe that you are a narcissist and so full of self love you have none for that in the womb.







You want people to believe you are this compassionate nice and sweet person. What a crock. You judge just like I do like everyone does...you do it to those you oppose in every one of your posts.



You simply don’t practice what you preach.











Quote:



“ Someone needs to set you straight.”






LMAO....And you are the one who will stand up and do it. How sweet of you my dear. Your statement borders...a threat, which is a commonplace on this forum.



azchurchmouse is offline  
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #19
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
If I can’t it’s because you are all over the spectrum on issues, especially abortion. This is you...... I am pro-choice....but only until viability (when that is I don’t know exactly), a womans body is her own no one should tell her what she can do with it....but she shouldnt be allowed an abortion after viability. WHAT? Do you even comprehend what you are saying?













You want to enslave her. You said who knows when life starts... that science does not know....and that by law life starts when the child is born. So now you say she can’t take ownership over her body...over something you don’t even recognize as being a human life. LOL







You are bizarre and so is your thinking. You say you are tired debating with people who are clueless...well honey, you won’t even educate yourself on this issue, especially when science says life starts. You can’t face the truth because then you would be exposed for the real person you are. You dance around terms you can’t bring yourself to say....no you are the one in denial.



You tell me I should not force people to follow what I say...then you say that woman should not be able to abort after a certain date in the pregnancy. You are absolutley......well I won’t say it.







It is no wonder you get tired talking about this....you must feel dreadful about your position....but that you will never admit, not in front of this pro-abort group.



You don’t have to live by my rules...the fact is I doubt you even want rules based on your moral positions. I have never....called anyone names like I have been called or attacked on this forum.



But I do believe that you are a narcissist and so full of self love you have none for that in the womb.







You want people to believe you are this compassionate nice and sweet person. What a crock. You judge just like I do like everyone does...you do it to those you oppose in every one of your posts.



You simply don’t practice what you preach.

















LMAO....And you are the one who will stand up and do it. How sweet of you my dear. Your statement borders...a threat, which is a commonplace on this forum.


I don't preach at all, that is your M.O.



My position on abortion is not all over the place it is the same as it has been from the start. I agree that a woman has the right to terminate her pregnancy in the first trimester. After that , I feel that the only reason an abortion is okay is to save the life of the mother. I happen to agree with the SCOTUS' findings when they decided Roe V. Wade.

Each state makes their own laws in regard to when they set they limit for terminating a pregnancy in the second trimester. That is the state's right to do.



Saying that someone needs to set you straight is not a threat, it has to do with information. Why on earth would I physically threaten you? I don't even know you. Only an imbecile would take that as a threat.



I have two children that I love very much and care for daily. Funny, I have never heard you speak of your family. I am not trying to have everyone like me or think I am nice. I am simply refuting your assinine argument. Again az, I am not the one here claiming to be a devout Christian, that's you. Your personal statements about me judging have no merit at all.



Of course a woman can be alwed an abortion after fetal viability. IF HER LIFE IS AT RISK, AND ONLY THEN, genius. Pay attention and maybe you wouldn't be so confused by common freaking sense.
waitingtables is offline  
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #20
Bye, Ya better behave.
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 13,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman View Post
Why would you not vote Democrat? Isn't that the question that shold be asked.


............
Fayt is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Tags
democrat, lightning, thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Democrat Hypocrisy on gas prices Truth Detector Current Events 43 October 23rd, 2012 11:29 AM
Fled From State, Wis. Democrat Says Why npr Current Events 0 February 19th, 2011 04:00 AM
Lieberman: Call me a Democrat CNN Current Events 1 November 10th, 2006 10:05 AM
More Democrat Hypocrisy alias Political Talk 3 August 18th, 2006 12:49 PM
Democrat love alias Political Talk 4 June 11th, 2006 04:37 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.