Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Liberalism Liberalism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2011, 05:49 AM   #1
Bye, Ya better behave.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 13,844
In a sentence or two, quickly post your main reason for the not wanting to vote democratic. It could either be past, present, or future reasons why you won't vote for a democrat or another democrat (in that you voted democratic before and will never do it again). Liberals can also leave a comment in a sentence or two about what irritates them about the democratic party.



I will not debate you, question you, or point out any misinformation on this thread. Others might but I will not. I please ask for no snarky comments like, I hate their logo or I hate the color blue. I'll might leave a private message for the person who state a reason that makes the most sense.



Democratic hate lightning post begaaaains NOW.
Fayt is offline  
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 4,365
Main reason............The Democratic Party has a strong pro-abortion position. Pro-abortion is the Partys platform.



Other big reasons ....DEMOCRATS WANT BIG GOVERNMENT, weak military. They are all about wanting community and social justice and not as much for personal resonability and personal rights.
azchurchmouse is offline  
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
scrjnki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Martinez, California USA
Posts: 1,274
I do vote for some Democrats, but that is not the same as "voting Democrat" I am thinking. I don't believe in voting a party-line ticket, because I don't see the political party system as functional in the way it was originally devised. So, I vote on the merits of a given candidate or proposition, and the mailer that comes to my house from the Democratic Party before every election to tell all of us loyal registered Democrats how the party wants us to vote, goes right in the recycling bin unread. I do my own research, thank you very much.
scrjnki is offline  
Old January 10th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
mikelew007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
Main reason............The Democratic Party has a strong pro-abortion position. Pro-abortion is the Partys platform.



Other big reasons ....DEMOCRATS WANT BIG GOVERNMENT, weak military. They are all about wanting community and social justice and not as much for personal resonability and personal rights.


1. Pro-choice is different from pro-abortion. You want a country that has pro-abortion laws, go to China.



2. Both Ds and Rs like government when it suits their ideologies, and the defense budget is bigger than ever under President Obama and when the Dems had the both House and Senate. Our military's budget grew in 2009-2010.
mikelew007 is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:42 AM   #5
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,185
They are pro-choice but against personal rights? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. What a load of bull in that post.



What irritates me about democrats is that they are far too complacent when they are being smeared. Every group has faults, but when the opposing party spreads lies, they are too wishy washy, and they think that the general public knows that the smears are lies. Guess what? They don't.
waitingtables is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #6
Not Believing My Eyes....
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 31,716
Funny, for years Rs said the same thing about Bush not defending himself against D smears.



Partisanship .... one of the banes of our nation.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #7
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Funny, for years Rs said the same thing about Bush not defending himself against D smears.



Partisanship .... one of the banes of our nation.




Have we not concluded that Bush was one of the worst presidents that this country has ever had? The smears against Bush weren't really coming from actual elected officials, it was more the left fringe. In Obama's case, we had Senators and Representatives feeding into the fact that he might not be a citizen and was a secret Muslim. I'm sorry, but this is exactly what I'm talking about. Just because boith sides have spoken out against a president, doesn't make what was said the same.
waitingtables is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 4,365
“Pro-choice is different from pro-abortion”



Won’t get into a debate here.....but being pro-choice means that you want the option for killing open to the people who want to kill. How is that pro-life for the unborns killed?



Quote:



“You want a country that has pro-abortion laws, go to China.”




We allow women to kill their babies, they are not forced but the option is there.



Quote:



“Have we not concluded that Bush was one of the worst presidents that this country has ever had? The smears against Bush weren't really coming from actual elected officials, it was more the left fringe. In Obama's case, we had Senators and Representatives feeding into the fact that he might not be a citizen and was a secret Muslim. I'm sorry, but this is exactly what I'm talking about. Just because boith sides have spoken out against a president, doesn't make what was said the same.’




The smears came from the Democratic Party members. A Congressman specifically called Bush Hitler and said that 9-11 was planned by Bush.



http://newsbusters.org/node/14103



Many people do not believe he is a citizen. A duplicate is not an original and he won’t even release his medical or educational records. He is hiding something.



azchurchmouse is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
mikelew007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
“Pro-choice is different from pro-abortion”



Won’t get into a debate here.....but being pro-choice means that you want the option for killing open to the people who want to kill.


Yes, yes it is, and I am pro-choice. I believe that women should have the choice as to whether or not they want to start a family, that is not the government's job to decide. If you want to call it murder, well that's your opinion and you're free to have it, the law says it isn't murder. When you start actively pushing abortions like the Chinese government, THAT is pro-abortion.



Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
How is that pro-life for the unborns killed?


Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
We allow women to kill their babies, they are not forced but the option is there.


Yeesh, thought you didn't want a debate, and yet you throw out loaded rhetoric lol.



Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
The smears came from the Democratic Party members. A Congressman specifically called Bush Hitler and said that 9-11 was planned by Bush.



http://newsbusters.org/node/14103


Wrong, Congressman Ellison compared the Nazis' scapegoating of the Communists for the Reichstag Fire, to the use of 9/11 as justification for going into Iraq, that's not exactly calling Bush, Hitler.



Oh and I like how you claimed the guy thought Bush planned 9/11.



Quote:
The fact is that I'm not saying [Sept. 11] was a [U.S.] plan, or anything like that because, you know, that's how they put you in the nut-ball box -- dismiss you." - Keith Ellison
Try reading your articles before jumping the gun.



Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
Many people do not believe he is a citizen. A duplicate is not an original and he won’t even release his medical or educational records. He is hiding something.


Even if 100% of the citizens thought Obama was foreign-born, they have zero proof on their side. On the factual side, we have a birth certificate saying he was born in Hawaii, birth announcements in two Hawaiian newspapers at the time of his birth, the state of Hawaii including GOP Governor Linda Lingle saying was born there, and we have no objections from the folks who had and have the most to gain from Obama's alleged ineligibility. (Clinton, McCain, their respective campaign machines, the Republican Party.) There would have to be some gigantic, multinational conspiracy in order for this to work



Occam's Razor really, really cuts deep and hard against the birther conspiracy nuts.
mikelew007 is offline  
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #10
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,185
That's exactly right mikelew007. She is doing exactly what the far right always does. They will never stop.
waitingtables is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Tags
democrat, lightning, thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Democrat Hypocrisy on gas prices Truth Detector Current Events 43 October 23rd, 2012 11:29 AM
Fled From State, Wis. Democrat Says Why npr Current Events 0 February 19th, 2011 04:00 AM
Lieberman: Call me a Democrat CNN Current Events 1 November 10th, 2006 10:05 AM
More Democrat Hypocrisy alias Political Talk 3 August 18th, 2006 12:49 PM
Democrat love alias Political Talk 4 June 11th, 2006 04:37 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.