Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Liberalism Liberalism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree40Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2013, 02:09 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
Because you are incredibly stupid and dont recognize the ignorance contained in much of your race baiting homophobe rhetoric, you can't begin to comprehend what my point is because first you must engage your brain, assuming you have one.

I suggest you re-read the rant you engaged in on your first post here to attempt to comprehend how patently stupid and predictable it has become.

Apparently anyone who disagrees with you is a homophobe racist bigot; that is patently stupid. But then, when it comes to the pinnacle of stupidity and saying really stupid things, you are the architect.

The notion you could own anyone in a debate using such moronic tactics requires an incredible level of denial and gullibility.

There's a reason that your first efforts were to tell everyone you are black, gay and have a white partner 21 years your junior; so that anyone who disagreed with your moronic tomes could be labeled homophobic, racist and a bigot because now we know your racial sexual makeup.

But alas, whether one knew or did not know, stupid is just stupid regardless of race, sexual preferences or sexual stamina. So race bait to your hearts content, it doesn't make your incredible ignorance any more tolerable.
His use of the phrase "and whites like you" are glaring examples of what you just posted...
Tony is offline  
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #42
New here, not a newbie
 
Jeerleader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Try to figure out why Liberals take disagreement on issues as something personally.

the disageements are not personal, they are basis on beliefs, that we hold differently.

So why is it so personal with liberals, you don't agree with them you are automattically called Racist, Bigot, homophobic, etc...
Generally, Liberals / Progressives go on and on about "values" and avoid at all costs the term "principles". Having "values" allows one to feel certain things to be true; problem is, a tenet of Liberal / Progressive ideology is that at any time those "truths" may become "untrue" because new heartstrings have been tugged. This constant flux, this forced infirmity is of course frustrating (mostly on a subconscious level) and leads to anger when one is pressed to defend their positions.

Since the support for their policy positions are held as emotional constructs, any challenge to defend their policy positions as logical or legal constructs is perceived as a personal attack on "feelings" and is responded to with vitriol and derision and one only receives white-hot indignation that you would have the gall to even stand up and question them. That's what is so amusing, their intelligence and authority on issues only exists in various leftist echo chambers (often protected or not allowing comments / replies from opposing voices); their proposals rarely survive full exposure and open discussion.

That's why Liberals / Progressives are at their core, such an angry bunch; they just can not handle people who disagree with them. Projection of their anger is a major component of their interaction which is why simple debate / discussion descends into name-calling so quickly.

And because it fits here too, I'll quote what I said in another thread:


I have enjoyed on-line debate for over 20 years, cut my teeth on USENET in talk.politics.guns and gun rights / the Constitution remains my favorite topic.

Back then anti-gunners could actually form reasoned arguments and engage in logical debate; today it is all emotion. The myth of the "enlightened" leftist is most evident in this issue; they "just know" that guns are bad and no amount of logic or facts will dissuade their illogical and emotional based position. In fact, ignorance is worn as a badge of honor amongst leftists because they don't want to be seen sharing anything, even knowledge, with blood drenched, puppy-stomping gun worshipers.

Today's anti-gunners are incapable of logical thought and utterly immune to logical debate; any challenge to their policy positions based in reason, logic, law or the Constitution is perceived as an attack on them personally and is responded to with vitriol and unmitigated derision.

Post Sandy Hook this has been taken to an extreme and has resulted in a group think that makes Orwell's 1984 look like an junior-high cheerleader clique.

The Dems (and their sycophants in the media) most unrelenting, most divisive, most disgusting, absolute worst tactic in the aftermath of Sandy Hook was trotting out the devastated family members of the victims to be the "face" of their gun control policy.

Gun rights supporters were plainly made out to be the primary perpetuators of the parent's misery (if not the direct cause of it) for "standing in the way" of "reasonable gun control". I find that reprehensible but sadly, I must acknowledge, it is very effective.

When faced with such a wall of pity proxy policy presenters, an opponent of leftist gun control policy cannot, even on the most logical level and in a most principled manner, question the proposed policy without being condemned as attacking the victims and being labeled an insensitive, heartless monster willing to ignore piles of dead kids just so they can stroke their penis extensions.

If a gun rights supporter is willing to suffer that initial backlash their voice is quickly drowned out and dismissed as not being a legitimate, competent party to discuss the policy . . . After all, can't they see what they have done??? Why should "we" listen to those gun worshiping, insensitive, uncaring Neanderthals who just want to see children die?

This is a most effective tactic to sway those who make quick, superficial decisions based in emotion and serve to reap very impressive poll results (it helps when the media is part of that program too) and those poll numbers are pointed to with great enthusiasm (90%, 90%, 90%, 90%, 90%, 90%, 90%, 90%) in the hope of garnering and maintaining political support.

This tactic is very easy to execute and has absolutely no drawbacks.

The most empty-headed idiot can convincingly parrot the emotional talking points and never need to worry that they will be forced to rebut any pointed challenge of the policy on a legal, logical or constitutional level . . .

There is no need for the political leaders let alone the mindless Borg to accept the discussion "going there" because the urgent need and worthiness of the policy proposals is accepted and promoted at face value because of that unassailable and oh so compelling victim (instant expert) testimony pushing the policy.

It is almost comical when leftist posters talk about "facts" and "truth".

Such things are as opposite to their argument as matter / anti-matter.

Facts and truth repel the neo-fascist statist authoritarian gun control ideas of today's left; that's why they either ignore them and run away or just angrily throw out personal attacks when presented with them . . .
Thanks from Uncle Han
Jeerleader is offline  
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by poet View Post
Sorry if I don't take your word for it. Got any documentation to support your position?
Highest taxes in the Nation, high regulation, high illegal alien infestation, high state debt, a state government that would NOT represent the people of California (Prop..
Want more?
caconservative is offline  
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Try to figure out why Liberals take disagreement on issues as something personally.

So why is it so personal with liberals, you don't agree with them you are automattically called Racist, Bigot, homophobic, etc...
You mean like the way King Shitting Bull uses insults and extremely derogatory language in practically every post he makes ??

Almost every response starts with some version of "you're wrong" and ends with a rant on the general stupidity of anyone that disagrees with him. Some times he skips the "you're wrong" part and proceeds directly to insults and condemnations.
Thanks from Camelot
BubbaJones is offline  
Old June 29th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #45
Banned
 
poet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
A Republican governor with a Liberal legislature. Evan the RINO-Schwarzenegger couldn't get anything done. The failures in this state are directly attributable to Liberal leadership.
BS. That would be your opinion, and not truth.
poet is offline  
Old June 29th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #46
Banned
 
poet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Highest taxes in the Nation, high regulation, high illegal alien infestation, high state debt, a state government that would NOT represent the people of California (Prop..
Want more?
That is your allegation and not proof. Where are the links and documentation supporting your argument. Damn. Why are conservatives so fucking lazy?
poet is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Tags
disagreement, explain, issues, liberals, personal



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Imaginethat's Modern Monetary Theory Disagreement Fayt Debt 180 March 31st, 2013 10:09 AM
Perhaps Penn & Teller can better explain it to the liberals sgtdmski Gun Control 1 April 19th, 2011 01:43 AM
$250 million for abstinence ed fuels disagreement CNN Current Events 6 April 1st, 2010 10:58 AM
King: Clashes in Iran, disagreement in U.S. CNN Current Events 1 June 22nd, 2009 05:27 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.