Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Liberalism Liberalism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree44Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2014, 11:18 AM   #51
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
Let's count for Capitalism, then, shall we?

Capitalism is built on the premise that all people Envy wealth and will try to attain it.

Capitalism creates a subset of elite rich who due to their economic standpoint have a familial Pride based on their high status on the economic food chain.

Capitalism creates gold diggers who will utilize human Lust to attain wealth.

Capitalism usually creates a large enough wealth inequality to incite Wrath on both sides of the spectrum towards each other.

Obviously Capitalism is a system of Avarice, no shock there.

Capitalism creates an elite supper rich who in their extreme wealth have been historically known to be Gluttons.

Capitalism creates a brand of person who lays in Sloth since they inherited their parents wealth and will likely not have to work a day in their life.

So what were you saying about Evil again?
having money is better than starving in poverty. is this news to you?

"wealth inequality" is a fact of life, it's a lie of socialism to claim you can change that.

rich elite? so what? it's none of your business what somebody else has.

inherited wealth? so what, that's your envy problem again. if the kids squander the money away, then you got what you wanted.
webguy4 is offline  
Old June 20th, 2014, 11:21 AM   #52
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,121
capitalism creates "gold diggers"???

do you think its even possible for a guy to check into a hotel in cuba and not be solicited by prostitutes. the worker's paradise causes more of that , not less
Thanks from Bill
webguy4 is offline  
Old June 20th, 2014, 12:10 PM   #53
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
capitalism creates "gold diggers"???

do you think its even possible for a guy to check into a hotel in cuba and not be solicited by prostitutes. the worker's paradise causes more of that , not less
How many Cuban hotels have you checked into recently? I'd guess about zero since Fidel did his thing.

Being a good Canadian, I have. And so have many of my friends. Great beaches, a good price, the food is OK and very safe. As a sun vacation you can't beat the value for money. Except in the view of a few single friends who were in fact very disappointed about the lack of "paid companionship".

Whether there is prostitution in areas of Cuba away from the usual tourist areas I'm not sure, but my buddies couldn't find it.
Thanks from imaginethat
RNG is offline  
Old June 20th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
How many Cuban hotels have you checked into recently? I'd guess about zero since Fidel did his thing.

Being a good Canadian, I have. And so have many of my friends. Great beaches, a good price, the food is OK and very safe. As a sun vacation you can't beat the value for money. Except in the view of a few single friends who were in fact very disappointed about the lack of "paid companionship".

Whether there is prostitution in areas of Cuba away from the usual tourist areas I'm not sure, but my buddies couldn't find it.
Bullcrap, they found it.
Bill is offline  
Old June 20th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #55
Banned
 
NowhereMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: The South
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
having money is better than starving in poverty. is this news to you?
I think most of the leftists here do too many drugs to be able to secure a job that pays well, if they can get any job at all.

Quote:
"wealth inequality" is a fact of life, it's a lie of socialism to claim you can change that.
The best they shoot for is to make everyone equally poor.
The story of Plymouth Plantation illustrates the natural result of socialism.

Quote:
rich elite? so what? it's none of your business what somebody else has.
Envy and jealousy.
Always two of Satan's favorite sins.
Much evil is done in this world thanks to envy and jealousy!

Quote:
inherited wealth? so what, that's your envy problem again. if the kids squander the money away, then you got what you wanted.
One of the Ten Planks of Communism is to eliminate any and all inheritance.
I think the thought is that everyone needs to stay equal and if someone's parents worked really hard to make a better life for them than they
are evil and wrong and it should not be allowed.
For the "Greater Good", of course.
In every way communism is the finest expression of the worst in humanity cloaked in self righteous bullshit.
NowhereMan is offline  
Old June 20th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #56
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Bullcrap, they found it.
I listed my source, albeit an anecdotal one. What's yours, personal experience or anti-commie propaganda?
RNG is offline  
Old June 20th, 2014, 03:34 PM   #57
Banned
 
Beasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
having money is better than starving in poverty. is this news to you?

"wealth inequality" is a fact of life, it's a lie of socialism to claim you can change that.

rich elite? so what? it's none of your business what somebody else has.

inherited wealth? so what, that's your envy problem again. if the kids squander the money away, then you got what you wanted.
The point was that you are extremely selective and hypocritical in what you label "Evil", but that's not much of a surprise.

You don't call harmful things evil, evil is just your buzzword to slander anything you don't like.
Thanks from imaginethat
Beasty is offline  
Old June 21st, 2014, 05:31 AM   #58
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
The point was that you are extremely selective and hypocritical in what you label "Evil", but that's not much of a surprise.

You don't call harmful things evil, evil is just your buzzword to slander anything you don't like.
the evils you accuse capitalism of are all in your own head, the evils of socialism are there for any with eyes to see.
webguy4 is offline  
Old June 21st, 2014, 06:10 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
Let's count for Capitalism, then, shall we?

Capitalism is built on the premise that all people Envy wealth and will try to attain it.

Capitalism creates a subset of elite rich who due to their economic standpoint have a familial Pride based on their high status on the economic food chain.

Capitalism creates gold diggers who will utilize human Lust to attain wealth.

Capitalism usually creates a large enough wealth inequality to incite Wrath on both sides of the spectrum towards each other.

Obviously Capitalism is a system of Avarice, no shock there.

Capitalism creates an elite supper rich who in their extreme wealth have been historically known to be Gluttons.

Capitalism creates a brand of person who lays in Sloth since they inherited their parents wealth and will likely not have to work a day in their life.

So what were you saying about Evil again?

This is the nuttiest bunch of gobbledeegook I've read on this site since Absols inherited an Oxford dictionary....

Time to step in and add a bit of clarity. Beasty, chill out, dude. Rancor never accomplishes anything other than making one seem "out of ideas". It's a common refuge for someone that's talking through their hat...

Capitalism is deriving wealth from a perpetuation of what wealth you already have. IE: you work as a waiter for wages and tips. That's not Capitalism. But the interest you earn on the money you've invested is, indeed, Capitalism at work. Many tax departments make a distinction on how wealth is derived in a Capital Gains Tax. Make whatever you will of Capitalism...but it made the internet you are expounding it's "evil" (your word) upon.
Thanks from NowhereMan

Last edited by Tony; June 21st, 2014 at 06:24 AM.
Tony is offline  
Old June 21st, 2014, 06:39 AM   #60
Banned
 
NowhereMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: The South
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
the evils you accuse capitalism of are all in your own head, the evils of socialism are there for any with eyes to see.
Thanks from webguy4
NowhereMan is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Tags
liberal, today



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"48 Liberal Lies About American History" by Larry Schweikart gmeyers1944 Liberalism 10 June 10th, 2014 10:20 PM
"Conservative," "Liberal," and "Reactionary" mytmouse57 Current Events 302 May 3rd, 2013 11:49 AM
More proof that "Drive by media" is biased liberal gmeyers1944 Liberalism 11 October 9th, 2010 04:09 PM
More Liberal "Tolerance" alias Liberalism 46 June 12th, 2006 12:23 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.