Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Liberalism Liberalism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #11
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson proposed a plan under which the U.S. Treasury would acquire up to $700 billion worth of mortgage-backed securities.[22] The plan was immediately backed by President George W. Bush and negotiations began with leaders in the U.S. Congress to draft appropriate legislation.





Throughout the week of September 20, 2008, there was contentious wrangling among members of Congress over the terms and scope of the bailout,[29] amplified by continued failures of institutions like Washington Mutual, and the upcoming November 4 national election.

On September 21, Paulson announced that the original proposal, which would have excluded foreign banks, had been revised to include foreign financial institutions with a presence in the United States. The U.S. administration pressured other countries to set up similar bailout plans.[30]
On September 23, the plan was presented by Paulson and Bernanke to the Senate Banking Committee, who rejected it as unacceptable.[31]
On September 24, President Bush addressed the nation on prime time television, describing how serious the financial crisis could become if action was not taken promptly by Congress.[32]
Also on September 24, 2008, Republican Party nominee for President, John McCain, and Democratic Party nominee for President, Barack Obama, issued a joint statement describing their shared view that "The effort to protect the American economy must not fail."[33]
Yes. this was part of tarp. BUT YOU FORGET that was AFTER the crash occurred.


Did not pay attention did you or did you not watch it at all, not bad, it seems many didn't, Go back and watch the video and notice the dates of when Bush was trying to regulate. and who killed them in 2001, 2005, 2006..


The Warnings and reforms proposed began in 2001. Democrat Senate, BLOCKED the reforms. in 2001 (the action you are speaking of was in 2008, 7 years later) in 2006 the senate democrats killed the regulations in committee... in 2007, they killed the regulations again

If the Crisis had been addressed in 2001.. when the GOP tried to stop the crazy train, would the crisis have been prevented, (totally I don't know) but I do know the crisis would have just been bump in the road if it had not been totally prevented.

You see 2008 is where I broke with bush, because of TARP. on this issue.

you see in 2008, the Crisis was upon us so they were trying to fix the mess, in 2001 they were trying to prevent it totally.. BIG DIFFERENCE
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old June 8th, 2014, 12:34 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
what if liberals could drop the whole pretentious, self-righteous, holier than thou pretense that they are better people because their intentions are good and accept the possibility that people who disagree with them might also have good intentions and just disagree with them on how to achieve good results.

if the above, then perhaps we could actually commence with a real discussion void of the silly name-calling and really see the merits of contrasting opinions.
What if conservatives could do the same thing?
Thanks from Sabcat
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old June 8th, 2014, 12:41 PM   #13
Banned
 
NowhereMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: The South
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
What if conservatives could do the same thing?
I keep trying to do such a thing but the freaking monkeys keep throwing poop!
Step up to the plate, big boy!



You have one poster, a confirmed stoner, who makes posts that I think only he understands using large and colourful text.
The other one follows him around like a penis leech regurgitating the psychobabble he heard growing up from his numerous shrinks, and I have yet to see many liberals here make cogent arguments.
The tristan guy seems intelligent and coherent.
That liberal mod imaginethis something or something like that does too.
Other than that, this is like visiting the monkey cages wearing khaki coloured clothes. (zookeepers know what happens when you do this...)
NowhereMan is offline  
Old June 8th, 2014, 01:23 PM   #14
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 23,942
Red states receive more money then they send to Washington.
Camelot is offline  
Old June 8th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #15
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 23,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
I keep trying to do such a thing but the freaking monkeys keep throwing poop!
Step up to the plate, big boy!



You have one poster, a confirmed stoner, who makes posts that I think only he understands using large and colourful text.
The other one follows him around like a penis leech regurgitating the psychobabble he heard growing up from his numerous shrinks, and I have yet to see many liberals here make cogent arguments.
The tristan guy seems intelligent and coherent.
That liberal mod imaginethis something or something like that does too.
Other than that, this is like visiting the monkey cages wearing khaki coloured clothes. (zookeepers know what happens when you do this...)
And the there's you. A guy that has contributed nothing factual in his short time here. You just throw around insults for insults sake.
Camelot is offline  
Old June 8th, 2014, 01:45 PM   #16
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Red states receive more money then they send to Washington.
How many times are you going to vomit this lie?
Jimmyb is offline  
Old June 8th, 2014, 01:50 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
What if conservatives could do the same thing?
We'd elect another President like Reagan...
Tony is offline  
Old June 8th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #18
Wall-crawler
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
What if conservatives could do the same thing?
here is your "what if" fulfilled, you in particular I heartily endorse that I consider you a person of good will, interested in personal liberty and prosperity of the most persons possible.

and you?
webguy4 is offline  
Old June 8th, 2014, 07:36 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Yes. this was part of tarp. BUT YOU FORGET that was AFTER the crash occurred.


Did not pay attention did you or did you not watch it at all, not bad, it seems many didn't, Go back and watch the video and notice the dates of when Bush was trying to regulate. and who killed them in 2001, 2005, 2006..


The Warnings and reforms proposed began in 2001. Democrat Senate, BLOCKED the reforms. in 2001 (the action you are speaking of was in 2008, 7 years later) in 2006 the senate democrats killed the regulations in committee... in 2007, they killed the regulations again

If the Crisis had been addressed in 2001.. when the GOP tried to stop the crazy train, would the crisis have been prevented, (totally I don't know) but I do know the crisis would have just been bump in the road if it had not been totally prevented.

You see 2008 is where I broke with bush, because of TARP. on this issue.

you see in 2008, the Crisis was upon us so they were trying to fix the mess, in 2001 they were trying to prevent it totally.. BIG DIFFERENCE
Just keep on telling that lie there TN. You don't get to claim you're hero for yelling FIRE !!! When you're the one that has just dumped gallons of gas on the blaze !!

Bush and the Republicans thought home ownership was the key to getting low income and minority voters to vote conservative. They tried to put 5.5 MILLOIN low income families into home of their own.

95% of the loans that defaulted were written between 2003 and 2008.

Bush THANKED Franklin Raines for setting up no less that 25 special programs for low income and minority home buyers.

It was Bush's man at the SEC that excluded the five largest "too big to fail" investment banks from the SEC's long standing liquidity requirements.

Sorry but the great shrub didn't an enormous amount of damage before he ever tried to fix anything.

There is STILL the issue that while much of this was going on REPUBLICANS controlled BOTH houses of congress.

Are you REALLY admitting that one gay senator from Boston had MORE POWER than the entire Republican party ?????????????
BubbaJones is offline  
Old June 8th, 2014, 07:40 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
I keep trying to do such a thing but the freaking monkeys keep throwing poop!
Step up to the plate, big boy!



You have one poster, a confirmed stoner, who makes posts that I think only he understands using large and colourful text.
The other one follows him around like a penis leech regurgitating the psychobabble he heard growing up from his numerous shrinks, and I have yet to see many liberals here make cogent arguments.
The tristan guy seems intelligent and coherent.
That liberal mod imaginethis something or something like that does too.
Other than that, this is like visiting the monkey cages wearing khaki coloured clothes. (zookeepers know what happens when you do this...)
Yes Sir !!!!! With an attitude like yours, we can all see how hard you're working to find common ground.
Thanks from Sabcat
BubbaJones is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.