Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Liberalism Liberalism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree19Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2016, 03:31 PM   #21
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Again?

Liberals are socialists.

Nazis are socialists.

Therefore, liberals are nazis.

Anything else you want to add?
i think that Hillary may be a subterranean lizard creature
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 04:54 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Which is why conservatives oppose it...
You are a dumb one aren't you??........Conservatives are Liberals by the classical definition....What are being called "Liberals" today are really Progressives....Back in the 20's the Progressives co-opted the term "Liberal" to cover up their Socialist stench.... There is nothing Liberal about Progressives.....
Jimgorn is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 04:54 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
A fetus is an organism. Organisms have two states: dead or alive. A fetus is an organism and it is a human being that is alive. An abortion causes the live fetus, which is a human being, to die. From a scientific perspective, it is as simple as that

The biological concept of fertilization is not present in an egg in a frying pan because an unfertilized egg is not a chicken just as a human sperm or an egg is not a human being. Hens lay eggs every day, and the eggs are not chickens; women have about one million or so unfertilized eggs in their ovaries that are released and flushed out of their system each month if not fertilized, and the eggs are not human beings; and men produce sperm each day, and none of the sperm are human beings.
It's more like an organ than an organism, if you remove it, it isn't capable of living on it's own, and if it is an organism, it isn't a self aware organism, because it doesn't possess a functioning brain.

You can mix sperm and eggs in vitro, and you'll get some embryos, but they won't ever be a human being unless a woman chooses to allow them to use her womb.
That's the deal....

Last edited by goober; March 18th, 2016 at 04:57 PM.
goober is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 04:55 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
His what is not better than a chicken?
The comments after Carlin on this thread illustrate the angry, white, christian male syndrome well.

You guys that have it, in all seriousness I hope you can get over it and do.
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 04:58 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
i think that Hillary may be a subterranean lizard creature
That's part of the reason why she wears that pancake makeup shit: SPF 100 percent is the recommended sunscreen RDA for subterranean lizard people. Plus, that pancake shit smooths out and hides scales pretty good too.
Thanks from Sabcat and dusara217
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 05:00 PM   #26
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
That's part of the reason why she wears that pancake makeup shit: SPF 100 percent is the recommended sunscreen RDA for subterranean lizard people. Plus, that pancake shit smooths out and hides scales pretty good too.
that makes so much sense
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 05:09 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
You are a dumb one aren't you??........Conservatives are Liberals by the classical definition....What are being called "Liberals" today are really Progressives....Back in the 20's the Progressives co-opted the term "Liberal" to cover up their Socialist stench.... There is nothing Liberal about Progressives.....
Progressive Party platform, 1912, pretty damned interesting.
The platform's main theme was reversing the domination of politics by business interests, which allegedly controlled the Republicans' and Democrats' parties, alike. The platform asserted that: To destroy this invisible Government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.

To that end, the platform called for
  • Strict limits and disclosure requirements on political campaign contributions
  • Registration of lobbyists
  • Recording and publication of Congressional committee proceedings

In the social sphere the platform called for
  • A National Health Service to include all existing government medical agencies.
  • Social insurance, to provide for the elderly, the unemployed, and the disabled
  • Limited injunctions in strikes
  • A minimum wage law for women
  • An eight hour workday
  • A federal securities commission
  • Farm relief
  • Workers' compensation for work-related injuries
  • An inheritance tax
  • A Constitutional amendment to allow a Federal income tax

The political reforms proposed included
  • Women's suffrage
  • Direct election of Senators
  • Primary elections for state and federal nominations

The platform also urged states to adopt measures for "direct democracy", including:
  • The recall election (citizens may remove an elected official before the end of his term)
  • The referendum (citizens may decide on a law by popular vote)
  • The initiative (citizens may propose a law by petition and enact it by popular vote)
  • Judicial recall (when a court declares a law unconstitutional, the citizens may override that ruling by popular vote)

Besides these measures, the platform called for reductions in the tariff, limitations on naval armaments by international agreement and improvements to inland waterways.

The biggest controversy at the convention was over the platform section dealing with trusts and monopolies such as Standard Oil. The convention approved a strong "trust-busting" plank, but Roosevelt had it replaced with language that spoke only of "strong National regulation" and "permanent active [Federal] supervision" of major corporations. This retreat shocked reformers like Pinchot, who blamed it on Perkins (a director of U.S. Steel). The result was a deep split in the new party that was never resolved.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progre...d_States,_1912)
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 05:15 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
that makes so much sense
Well, you know some people think the lizard people stuff is a bunch of hooey, and the shapeshifting stuff too, but I know you've seen those videos of Hillary with the vertical pupils. For the rest of ya, take a look:



See? Freakin'' weird, huh? It's not bullshit.
Thanks from Sabcat
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 05:16 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Progressive Party platform, 1912, pretty damned interesting.
The platform's main theme was reversing the domination of politics by business interests, which allegedly controlled the Republicans' and Democrats' parties, alike. The platform asserted that: To destroy this invisible Government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.

To that end, the platform called for
  • Strict limits and disclosure requirements on political campaign contributions
  • Registration of lobbyists
  • Recording and publication of Congressional committee proceedings

In the social sphere the platform called for
  • A National Health Service to include all existing government medical agencies.
  • Social insurance, to provide for the elderly, the unemployed, and the disabled
  • Limited injunctions in strikes
  • A minimum wage law for women
  • An eight hour workday
  • A federal securities commission
  • Farm relief
  • Workers' compensation for work-related injuries
  • An inheritance tax
  • A Constitutional amendment to allow a Federal income tax

The political reforms proposed included
  • Women's suffrage
  • Direct election of Senators
  • Primary elections for state and federal nominations

The platform also urged states to adopt measures for "direct democracy", including:
  • The recall election (citizens may remove an elected official before the end of his term)
  • The referendum (citizens may decide on a law by popular vote)
  • The initiative (citizens may propose a law by petition and enact it by popular vote)
  • Judicial recall (when a court declares a law unconstitutional, the citizens may override that ruling by popular vote)

Besides these measures, the platform called for reductions in the tariff, limitations on naval armaments by international agreement and improvements to inland waterways.

The biggest controversy at the convention was over the platform section dealing with trusts and monopolies such as Standard Oil. The convention approved a strong "trust-busting" plank, but Roosevelt had it replaced with language that spoke only of "strong National regulation" and "permanent active [Federal] supervision" of major corporations. This retreat shocked reformers like Pinchot, who blamed it on Perkins (a director of U.S. Steel). The result was a deep split in the new party that was never resolved.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progre...d_States,_1912)
I've always said TR was the start of all these problems we have today......TR would have had to call a Constitutional Convention to make all this stuff legal....
Jimgorn is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 05:21 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
I've always said TR was the start of all these problems we have today......TR would have had to call a Constitutional Convention to make all this stuff legal....
Freaks me out at how much of it we have in place today. Most of it.
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Tags
fascism, liberal



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fascism tadpole256 Fascism 124 April 22nd, 2017 06:00 AM
Fascism Sabcat Fascism 259 December 6th, 2015 03:05 PM
This Is Fascism And We Should Say It Clearly skews13 Americas 2 November 29th, 2015 05:34 PM
America Is A Liberal Nation. A Liberal Wins On A Liberal Message poet Current Events 0 September 12th, 2013 06:43 AM
Power is in fascism. Absolute power is in free market fascism. dimaniac Political Talk 0 May 31st, 2013 12:04 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.