Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Liberalism Liberalism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree101Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2017, 11:28 AM   #51
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Standing Rock Activists Clear Trash as Tribes Ask Court to Halt Pipeline
Daws77 is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 11:52 AM   #52
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
And the oil was cleaned up after the Exxon Valdez spilled it. Still a disaster.

The protestors were finally evicted because their trash was getting into the river. 25 truckloads hauled away.
there still effects for the Valdez disaster ,the wild life in that area is not yet free of the chemicals.
on the other hand the Dakota pipe trash is gone and if the pipe fails {and it will } it will be a very long time before the area recovers.
Daws77 is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 11:41 AM   #53
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daws77 View Post
there still effects for the Valdez disaster ,the wild life in that area is not yet free of the chemicals.
on the other hand the Dakota pipe trash is gone and if the pipe fails {and it will } it will be a very long time before the area recovers.
Pipelines fail about once in a hundred years. Oil tankers fail, derail, crash, or leak every other day.

I wonder why warren buffet , who owns railroads, is paying for protestors to block the pipeline?
webguy4 is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 12:04 PM   #54
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Pipelines fail about once in a hundred years. Oil tankers fail, derail, crash, or leak every other day.

I wonder why warren buffet , who owns railroads, is paying for protestors to block the pipeline?
shit stacking at its finest.
Daws77 is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 07:36 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Well, your absolutely wrong. It is a good idea. Because the parents have to deal with the train wreck of emotions that come from the decision either way
right. you tell the violent fundamentalist parents their daughter had an abortion. the parents then kill their daughter.

how was that a good idea again?
hot dragon is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 07:59 PM   #56
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
right. you tell the violent fundamentalist parents their daughter had an abortion. the parents then kill their daughter.

how was that a good idea again?
Really? Right on. Got it. Sure thing. Is that before or after the sky is falling.

Quick question though. How many fundamentalist parents killed their daughter for having an abortion? By the way, this has been fun dragging it out. Watching you come up with hyperbole and drama about how wrong it would be to notify or require parental consent. That it cant happen because of death, mayhem, and dogs an cats living in peace or whatever the fuck drama you kept coming up with. But, I tired of it. So, here is the reality
Quote:
Highlights. 37 states require parental involvement in a minor's decision to have an abortion. 21 states require parental consent only, 3 of which require both parents to consent. 11 states require parental notification only, 1 of which requires that both parents be notified.
https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...nors-abortions

Ironically none of these cray cray things you insisted would happened have been...
I like you HD, I was hoping it would have been anyone else, but I set the trap. Had to see what I caught.
coke is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 08:28 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Really? Right on. Got it. Sure thing. Is that before or after the sky is falling.

Quick question though. How many fundamentalist parents killed their daughter for having an abortion? By the way, this has been fun dragging it out. Watching you come up with hyperbole and drama about how wrong it would be to notify or require parental consent. That it cant happen because of death, mayhem, and dogs an cats living in peace or whatever the fuck drama you kept coming up with. But, I tired of it. So, here is the reality

https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...nors-abortions

Ironically none of these cray cray things you insisted would happened have been...
I like you HD, I was hoping it would have been anyone else, but I set the trap. Had to see what I caught.
and the highlight you ignored:

Quote:
Finally, many parental involvement requirements are waived if there is a medical emergency or the minor is the victim of abuse or neglect.
and an unwanted pregnancy is an emergency, thus the need for it is waived. or if the parents are likely to be abusive, the need is waived. the courts have forseen the sorts of scenarios i raised and made provisions to prevent them. i raised this a few posts back, the provisions you wanted enacted are already there.

this is a good thread. so nice to be talking about something other than trump.
hot dragon is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 08:33 PM   #58
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
and the highlight you ignored:



and an unwanted pregnancy is an emergency, thus the need for it is waived. or if the parents are likely to be abusive, the need is waived. the courts have forseen the sorts of scenarios i raised and made provisions to prevent them. i raised this a few posts back, the provisions you wanted enacted are already there.

this is a good thread. so nice to be talking about something other than trump.
I agree I am bored with this sites back an forth, the news and everything else. Every thread on here is Trump is Hitler or Mao. Liberals are sore losers. The Russians did it. It all ends up in the same pile of fuckery. I miss the debates. This is no longer debating. Its fucking arguing.
Thanks from Jimmyb
coke is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 09:11 PM   #59
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,401
It is a good thing that we got rid of the general and the beast. They were cancer.
Thanks from excalibur and coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 09:26 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
I agree I am bored with this sites back an forth, the news and everything else. Every thread on here is Trump is Hitler or Mao. Liberals are sore losers. The Russians did it. It all ends up in the same pile of fuckery. I miss the debates. This is no longer debating. Its fucking arguing.
New regime.
Thanks from Sabcat and coke
Jimmyb is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Liberalism

Tags
blind, irony, liberals, usa



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Irony roastpork Current Events 1 October 6th, 2016 03:15 PM
oh, the irony. hot dragon Religion 43 February 7th, 2014 04:57 AM
Irony 1 & 2 sumara Current Events 2 December 22nd, 2013 12:47 AM
Oh The Irony... tadpole256 Christianity 1 February 24th, 2012 06:51 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.