Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Middle East


Thanks Tree10Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #1
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 23,282
Did censoring a 9/11 report pave the way for ISIS?

Looks like Bob Graham and Joe Biden are leaving the reservation.

Quote:
A former U.S. senator and co-chair of the Joint Congressional Inquiry into the 9/11 attacks says the rise of ISIS could have been stemmed if 28 pages from the inquiry's report had not been classified.

As co-chair, Bob Graham was one of the authors of the report, 28 pages of which have remained classified since it was published in 2002. At the time U.S. President George W. Bush said releasing the information posed a threat to national security.

Some who have had read the excised pages say they relate to Saudia Arabia's support for the 9/11 hijackers.

Graham says that Saudi Arabia has a long history of ideological and financial support for Wahhabism, a fundamentalist interpretation of Islam. ISIS ascribes to that interpretation.

"I believe that had the role of Saudi Arabia in 9/11 been disclosed by the release of the 28 pages and by the declassification of other information as to the Saudi role and support of the 9/11 hijackers that it would have made it much more difficult for Saudi Arabia to have continued that pattern of behaviour...and I think would have had a good chance of reigning in the activity that today Canada, the United States and other countries either are or are not considering going to war with," said Graham in an interview with Brent Bambury host of Day 6 on CBC Radio.

Graham's comments come as the Obama administration faces increasing pressure to release those 28 secret pages. A bipartisan resolution is calling on the White House to make them public. Democratic congressman Stephen Lynch from Massachusetts, who co-sponsored the resolution, has said he thinks information in those pages has a direct bearing on the war against the ISIS. Graham agrees.

"The connection is a direct one. Not only has Saudi Arabia been promoting this extreme form of religion but it also has been the principal financier, first of Al Qaeda then of the various Al Qaeda franchises around the world specifically the ones in Somalia and Yemen and now the support of ISIS," said Graham.

Graham's statements come on the heels of controversial remarks made by Vice President Joe Biden. Speaking to a crowd at Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government, Biden implied that Saudi Arabia was partly to blame for the rise of ISIS.

"Our allies in the region were our largest problem in Syria," said Biden in response to a question. He also said that Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates were so determined to topple Bashar Al Assad's regime in Syria that they poured hundreds of millions of dollars and tonnes of weapons into the hands of extremist groups.

"So now what's happening, all of a sudden, everybody is awakened because this outfit called ISIL, which was al-Qaeda in Iraq, which when they were essentially thrown out of Iraq, found open space and territory in [eastern] Syria, work with al-Nusra, who we declared a terrorist group early on. And we could not convince our colleagues to stop supplying them."

Biden said his administration eventually persuaded its allies to cease that support and cooperate in the military campaign against ISIS. He since apologized for his statements.

Graham says it's not just Joe Biden who has singled out Saudi Arabia for its support of extremist groups. Former U.S. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton made similar claims in a top secret cable released by Wikileaks.

"More needs to be done since Saudi Arabia remains a critical financial support base for al-Qaida, the Taliban, LeT and other terrorist groups," said the 2009 document signed by Clinton.

Asked whether the release of the 28 pages could have had an impact on Canada's recent decision to take part in the U.S. lead military campaign, Graham said it's too late to set back the clock.

"ISIS is a reality. It's brutal and it has the potential of reaching in to North America through the apparently substantial number of Canadian and U.S. persons who are now fighting with ISIS. I think had the 28 pages been released 10 years ago and had dampened the ability and commitment of Saudi Arabia to export its extreme form of Wahhabism and exposed the Saudis funding of these extreme organizations it may have avoided the necessity of having a debate in the Canadian parliament as to whether to go to war."
Did censoring a 9/11 report pave the way for ISIS? | Day 6 with Brent Bambury | CBC Radio
Thanks from imaginethat and Camelot
RNG is offline  
Old October 11th, 2014, 03:04 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,886
Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...Domestic oil...........
Tony is offline  
Old October 13th, 2014, 06:27 AM   #3
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 23,850
Bush/Cheney moved strongly to keep Saudi Arabia's connection quiet. But, that fact isn't important to the wing nuts. They'd rather talk Benghazi if you don't mind. In short, they're idiots and not patriots.
Camelot is offline  
Old October 13th, 2014, 07:18 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 5,533
To this day, even though dozens or people from around the country have confirmed it, Bush denies, that while million of American citizens are stranded in airports all over the country, a chartered jet was bussing around the country collecting the Saudi royal family and their friends, INCLUDING some bin Ladens. They were all allowed to leave the country even though some of them might have had information about Osama. Not one member of the party was ever questioned by the FBI. NSA, CIA or any other government agency. 15 of the 19 highjackers are SAUDI citizens.

Like my parents used to say, when I was very young crying about some trivial matter, one or the other would look at me and say "settle down or I'll give you something to cry about !!"

As I have said before, I sometimes wonder if a flight of B2s, loaded with nukes, buzzing Mecca each day, right at prayer time, wouldn't have a moderately chilling effect on this run away extremism. If they're going to hate us anyway, then lets give them a REAL reason to do so.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old October 13th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
To this day, even though dozens or people from around the country have confirmed it, Bush denies, that while million of American citizens are stranded in airports all over the country, a chartered jet was bussing around the country collecting the Saudi royal family and their friends, INCLUDING some bin Ladens. They were all allowed to leave the country even though some of them might have had information about Osama. Not one member of the party was ever questioned by the FBI. NSA, CIA or any other government agency. 15 of the 19 highjackers are SAUDI citizens.

Like my parents used to say, when I was very young crying about some trivial matter, one or the other would look at me and say "settle down or I'll give you something to cry about !!"

As I have said before, I sometimes wonder if a flight of B2s, loaded with nukes, buzzing Mecca each day, right at prayer time, wouldn't have a moderately chilling effect on this run away extremism. If they're going to hate us anyway, then lets give them a REAL reason to do so.
Israel needs to keep an artillery piece aimed at The Dome Of The Rock....
Tony is offline  
Old October 15th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
dusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: north east usa
Posts: 3,881
the question here is what went on before 911
that let to it.
dusty is offline  
Old November 14th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
Posts: 1,068
They Call Them DOCuments Because They've Been DOCtored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Bush/Cheney moved strongly to keep Saudi Arabia's connection quiet. But, that fact isn't important to the wing nuts. They'd rather talk Benghazi if you don't mind. In short, they're idiots and not patriots.
What will never be revealed is that Big Oil is piggybacking off Moslem OPEC price-gouging and protecting its ability to fund the jihad. For this treason, we must nationalize our oil companies without compensation, expel the anti-hydrocarbon snakes from the government, seize all Moslem oilfields, and confiscate the decades of loot in the OPECkers' bank accounts. Without that multiculturalist extortion money, the jihadis will be fighting us with sticks and stones. If they give the infidel world any more trouble, nuke Mecca. War is not pretty, but surrender is the ugliest thing on earth.

Last edited by The Sage of Main Street; November 14th, 2014 at 11:59 AM.
The Sage of Main Street is offline  
Old November 14th, 2014, 01:14 PM   #8
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,083
Wow, a thread saying BUSH DID IT. Who could imagine. Meanwhile here in 2014...
Thanks from Tony
coke is offline  
Old November 14th, 2014, 01:37 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
What will never be revealed is that Big Oil is piggybacking off Moslem OPEC price-gouging and protecting its ability to fund the jihad. For this treason, we must nationalize our oil companies without compensation, expel the anti-hydrocarbon snakes from the government, seize all Moslem oilfields, and confiscate the decades of loot in the OPECkers' bank accounts. Without that multiculturalist extortion money, the jihadis will be fighting us with sticks and stones. If they give the infidel world any more trouble, nuke Mecca. War is not pretty, but surrender is the ugliest thing on earth.
How prosaic...

Down with the proletariat...up with spayed and neutered animals...save the whales...don't buy fur!!!

Tony is offline  
Old November 14th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 52,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Wow, a thread saying BUSH DID IT. Who could imagine. Meanwhile here in 2014...
How odd, decisions made in 2002 could be affecting events presently.
Thanks from waitingtables
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Middle East

Tags
9 or 11, censoring, isis, pave, report



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Isis pr? roastpork Current Events 0 September 16th, 2014 01:17 PM
Of course their is no ISIS in the USA coke Current Events 31 September 5th, 2014 06:20 PM
ISIS is already here. roastpork Current Events 30 August 21st, 2014 07:59 AM
Censoring the Media excalibur Current Events 4 July 10th, 2014 08:08 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.