Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Middle East


Thanks Tree28Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2015, 05:56 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,300
Any country whose borders are being ignored by a group of people is a country being invaded, and thus a country at war.

Everyone can bounce around this with accusations of racism and bigotry and hard-heartedness, but it won't change the fact that uninvited immigrants are invaders.
Thanks from RNG
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 21st, 2015, 07:02 AM   #22
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Any country whose borders are being ignored by a group of people is a country being invaded, and thus a country at war.

Everyone can bounce around this with accusations of racism and bigotry and hard-heartedness, but it won't change the fact that uninvited immigrants are invaders.
The original intent of the poster who started this thread was to point out a woman with children who had no idea where she would live and how she could provide a safe future for her children. The original poster did not affix blame nor suggest a solution. The poster was simply appealing to our empathy. Some chose the knee jerk reaction to attack the poster on grounds that the original poster never forwarded to begin with. I took the original poster's intent at face value. I can empathize with the situation that this mother finds herself. That's all.
Camelot is offline  
Old September 21st, 2015, 07:24 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Still irrelevant to the opening thread post. Your hatred overcomes you.
why is it hatred to wonder why all these refugees don't stay and fight for changes in their own countries? isn't that what our founding fathers did? what happens to all the women and children they are leaving behind?
Thanks from hot dragon
kbear is offline  
Old September 21st, 2015, 10:28 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
The original intent of the poster who started this thread was to point out a woman with children who had no idea where she would live and how she could provide a safe future for her children. The original poster did not affix blame nor suggest a solution. The poster was simply appealing to our empathy. Some chose the knee jerk reaction to attack the poster on grounds that the original poster never forwarded to begin with. I took the original poster's intent at face value. I can empathize with the situation that this mother finds herself. That's all.
Thus, the only "appropriate" response to the OP is, "Gee that's tough and I really feel for her?" and any other response is a "knee-jerk reaction" ... and, "that's all?"

No, this one person's story has millions of analogs. Discussing uncontrolled immigration, or the non-PC term, the invasion, is wholly apropos here.

Can I just show up at your house with the clothes on my back, no money, no food, no job, and move in with you? How is uncontrolled immigration any different?

On top of that, many fleeing their countries aren't in imminent danger. They just want to immigrate to where life's easier and better, and to countries with robust social welfare. That notorious right-wing news source, NPR, did a story on this phenomenon last week.

Yep. GW screwed the pooch with his invasions and wars fought hard enough not to outright lose, but not hard enough to win decisively and conclusively. And, Obama's keeping the Arab Spring ball rolling hasn't helped. But, mass immigration is not the answer, no matter the circumstances.

A country much have borders. When people ignore a country's borders and enter the country, that's an invasion. When a country is being invaded, it's at war.
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 21st, 2015, 10:30 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
why is it hatred to wonder why all these refugees don't stay and fight for changes in their own countries?
It's not.

Quote:
isn't that what our founding fathers did?
Yes.

Quote:
what happens to all the women and children they are leaving behind?
What happened to "Women and children first?"

Oh that's right. We're talking about Islam....
Thanks from hot dragon and kbear
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 21st, 2015, 10:32 AM   #26
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Thus, the only "appropriate" response to the OP is, "Gee that's tough and I really feel for her?" and any other response is a "knee-jerk reaction" ... and, "that's all?"

No, this one person's story has millions of analogs. Discussing uncontrolled immigration, or the non-PC term, the invasion, is wholly apropos here.

Can I just show up at your house with the clothes on my back, no money, no food, no job, and move in with you? How is uncontrolled immigration any different?

On top of that, many fleeing their countries aren't in imminent danger. They just want to immigrate to where life's easier and better, and to countries with robust social welfare. That notorious right-wing news source, NPR, did a story on this phenomenon last week.

Yep. GW screwed the pooch with his invasions and wars fought hard enough not to outright lose, but not hard enough to win decisively and conclusively. And, Obama's keeping the Arab Spring ball rolling hasn't helped. But, mass immigration is not the answer, no matter the circumstances.

A country much have borders. When people ignore a country's borders and enter the country, that's an invasion. When a country is being invaded, it's at war.
Look IT, below you will find the post Identityissues began this thread with. Read it closely and please tell me why he/she was attacked for a general expression of empathy using unrelated issues.

Quote:
Eloquent Young Refugee Mother Explains Wishes For Her Daughter
Video: https://www.facebook.com/skynews/vid...4329229248339/

This is just so scary - this woman is clearly very intelligent and has clearly lost a lot as a result of war.
She wants what is best for her child, and is looking out for her daughter more so than for herself.

No more money, no more food.
You look at her child and at her, and can't picture yourself in their shoes.


It just makes you wish you could do *something*
Camelot is offline  
Old September 21st, 2015, 02:33 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Look IT, below you will find the post Identityissues began this thread with. Read it closely and please tell me why he/she was attacked for a general expression of empathy using unrelated issues.
Red herring, I'm not attacking identityissues. I'm taking the global view of the issue, mass uncontrolled immigration, which is hardly an unrelated issue. It's the issue.

Identityissues did say:
This crisis is ample opportunity for countries to show just how humanitarian they really are.
The first duty of any national government is to secure the rights and safety of the governed.

No nation is obligated in any way to accept any immigrants showing up at its borders. Yet, that's what these immigrants are doing including the young woman and her child.

Can I just show up at your house with the clothes on my back, no money, no food, no job, and move in with you? How is uncontrolled immigration any different?

If you are wanting to do something besides feeling sorry for the immigrants, take in some immigrant refugees.

And the elephant in the room, only a fool would believe that terrorists are not using this exodus as cover.
Thanks from hot dragon, RNG and kbear
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 21st, 2015, 04:26 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by identityissues8 View Post
Wow. Strawman fallacies abound.
You guys may be racists, but I haven't even mentioned race.

Islam isn't a race, but bigots tend to think bigotry's not a thing.
yes islam isnt a race, and criticising islam isnt racism

islam is a doctrine of eternal violence and oppression. this isnt a straw man, although i know you want it to be. you might even believe it.

there are a lot of people in islamic countries who deserve better. but its not the fault of western countries, and it isnt a problem western countries can fix. the problems of the islamic world need to be addressed by the islamic world.
Thanks from imaginethat and kbear
hot dragon is offline  
Old September 21st, 2015, 07:00 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
What happened to "Women and children first?"

Oh that's right. We're talking about Islam....
everything in islam is backwards.
war is peace, oppression is freedom, strong is weak, friend is foe, truth is lies.

have an objective look at what is happening, outside of the emotive manipulation of articles like the op. there are hundreds of thousands of fit health young men from a variety of islam dominant countries. they have left their families, the old, weak, sick, young, behind, and are moving with great vigour into europe. in any other setting, this would be called an invasion. but its islam, so its backwards. so the victims, the europeans whose nations are being invaded by hostile enemies, are responsible. the invaders, who are flooding across the border uninvited, are innocent of any wongdoing and deserving of help. the invaders are free to make demands that the conquered feel obligated to appease.

maybe thats the real reason they arent going to the gulf states; they are already conquered islamic lands. the warriors of islam are looking to conquer the infidels, not stay in dar al islam.
Thanks from imaginethat and kbear
hot dragon is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 06:20 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
everything in islam is backwards.
war is peace, oppression is freedom, strong is weak, friend is foe, truth is lies.

have an objective look at what is happening, outside of the emotive manipulation of articles like the op. there are hundreds of thousands of fit health young men from a variety of islam dominant countries. they have left their families, the old, weak, sick, young, behind, and are moving with great vigour into europe. in any other setting, this would be called an invasion. but its islam, so its backwards. so the victims, the europeans whose nations are being invaded by hostile enemies, are responsible. the invaders, who are flooding across the border uninvited, are innocent of any wongdoing and deserving of help. the invaders are free to make demands that the conquered feel obligated to appease.

maybe thats the real reason they arent going to the gulf states; they are already conquered islamic lands. the warriors of islam are looking to conquer the infidels, not stay in dar al islam.
I can't imagine my leaving a war-torn, oppressive country, taking an arduous and perilous journey to "my new country," and leaving my wife and children behind.
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Middle East

Tags
daughter, eloquent, explains, mother, refugee, wishes, young



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Teabaggers Are So Eloquent tristanrobin Politicians 38 March 5th, 2014 01:12 PM
How The Christian Tribalism Empowers Hardliners Against The Wishes Of Most Americans skews13 Current Events 27 January 26th, 2014 04:57 PM
Mother And Daughter Won't Share intangible child Crime and Punishment 0 October 15th, 2009 11:46 AM
Politically Isolated Bush Wishes Next President Well Cubbie Political Talk 0 November 4th, 2008 07:38 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.