Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Middle East


Thanks Tree56Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:42 AM   #31
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Deer Park, Washington
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Just pitiful.

No form of support would have been helpful other than US invasion, and that wouldn't have worked either.

And when it didn't work, or turned Iran into another Iraq or bombed-out Syria, your damned side would have blamed Obama for that, and the Mullahs would have said, "See? We told you so."

Doing something isn't always better than doing nothing, but that's a truth obviously lost on you.
Truth is never lost on me. That post is your opinion, not the truth.. The United States should always be sympathetic to people resisting hateful murderous backwards tribal religious dictators. This president is a disgrace. That's my opinion and it's just as much "truth" as yours.
Pete Moss is offline  
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:45 AM   #32
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Deer Park, Washington
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
What actions would you have liked the President to have taken in 2009 ?
Vocal support, CIA doing all it could to undermine the militants, a few strategic missles.
Pete Moss is offline  
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:46 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Moss View Post
Truth is never lost on me. That post is your opinion, not the truth.. The United States should always be sympathetic to people resisting hateful murderous backwards tribal religious dictators. This president is a disgrace. That's my opinion and it's just as much "truth" as yours.
The proof is in the pudding.

Iran election: Reformists win all 30 Tehran seats

Note the word "all."
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:46 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Moss View Post
Vocal support, CIA doing all it could to undermine the militants, a few strategic missles.
Or maybe not, but it sure would fuel the Mullahs.
Thanks from Camelot
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:48 AM   #35
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Deer Park, Washington
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
The proof is in the pudding.

Iran election: Reformists win all 30 Tehran seats

Note the word "all."
When is the Ayatollah up for reelection?
Pete Moss is offline  
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:49 AM   #36
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Deer Park, Washington
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Or maybe not, but it sure would fuel the Mullahs.
Yeah, they might fund more terrorism like paying families of suicide bombers.
Pete Moss is offline  
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:53 AM   #37
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 23,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Moss View Post
Vocal support, CIA doing all it could to undermine the militants, a few strategic missles.
Vocal support ? Hey, would that work in Syria too ? LOL

CIA doing all it could to undermine the "militants" ? By militants you mean the ENTIRE infrastructure of the Iranian government ? O O O.K.

A few strategic missiles ? So you think that a few strategic missiles will take down a whole regime ? If we only knew that before we invaded Iraq. Of course, the closing of the strait of Hormuz and $130/barrel oil would have been a small price to pay for "a few strategic missiles". No wonder you vote Republican...LOL
Camelot is offline  
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:58 AM   #38
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Moss View Post
Truth is never lost on me. That post is your opinion, not the truth.. The United States should always be sympathetic to people resisting hateful murderous backwards tribal religious dictators. This president is a disgrace. That's my opinion and it's just as much "truth" as yours.
And the phenomenal results seen in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan firm up your opinion, right?
Thanks from Camelot
RNG is offline  
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:58 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Vocal support ? Hey, would that work in Syria too ? LOL

CIA doing all it could to undermine the "militants" ? By militants you mean the ENTIRE infrastructure of the Iranian government ? O O O.K.

A few strategic missiles ? So you think that a few strategic missiles will take down a whole regime ? If we only knew that before we invaded Iraq. Of course, the closing of the strait of Hormuz and $130/barrel oil would have been a small price to pay for "a few strategic missiles". No wonder you vote Republican...LOL
$130/bbl oil? I think $200-400/bbl. oil. Hell, futures traders drove oil to almost $150/bbl. for no damned good reason at all.
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:59 AM   #40
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Deer Park, Washington
Posts: 1,714
Cu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Vocal support ? Hey, would that work in Syria too ? LOL

CIA doing all it could to undermine the "militants" ? By militants you mean the ENTIRE infrastructure of the Iranian government ? O O O.K.

A few strategic missiles ? So you think that a few strategic missiles will take down a whole regime ? If we only knew that before we invaded Iraq. Of course, the closing of the strait of Hormuz and $130/barrel oil would have been a small price to pay for "a few strategic missiles". No wonder you vote Republican...LOL
Yes, I vote republican lately because the democrats are appeasers. This president backed the Islamist militants in 2009 and then traded five Islamist militants for a deserter. This president is a disgrace. He's not fit to park Mr. Netanyahu's car.
Pete Moss is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Middle East

Tags
election, iran, reformists, seats, tehran, win



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iran opposition unveils 'secret' Tehran nuclear site Roo Current Events 0 February 24th, 2015 02:36 PM
Statement by the Press Secretary on the Election in Iran The White House The White House 0 June 15th, 2013 11:30 AM
Rafsanjani registers for Iran presidential election imaginethat Current Events 12 May 12th, 2013 06:06 AM
3rd Debate Review From The Cheap Seats Podium Pentothal Current Events 67 October 25th, 2012 06:56 AM
Zakaria: Iran election could make history CNN Current Events 1 June 12th, 2009 11:17 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.