Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:08 PM   #1
Retired
 
hevusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,705
Re: True

Socialist countries that have higher taxes have it better all around. Better social programs, shorter work weeks, longer vacations, longer lives, lower pollution, lower crime, etc etc.



It is NOT a crazy idea to suggest higher taxes. IT WORKS.
hevusa is offline  
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
duncanmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 285
Re: True

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Socialist countries that have higher taxes have it better all around. Better social programs, shorter work weeks, longer vacations, longer lives, lower pollution, lower crime, etc etc.



It is NOT a crazy idea to suggest higher taxes. IT WORKS.
Care to tell us which countries you refer to?
duncanmac is offline  
Old April 14th, 2005, 04:48 AM   #3
RWE
Senior Member
 
RWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 281
Re: True

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Socialist countries that have higher taxes have it better all around. Better social programs, shorter work weeks, longer vacations, longer lives, lower pollution, lower crime, etc etc.



It is NOT a crazy idea to suggest higher taxes. IT WORKS.


Humm please do tell us which countries you are referring to
RWE is offline  
Old April 14th, 2005, 05:59 AM   #4
Retired
 
hevusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,705
Re: True

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWE
[quote name='hevusa']Socialist countries that have higher taxes have it better all around. Better social programs, shorter work weeks, longer vacations, longer lives, lower pollution, lower crime, etc etc.



It is NOT a crazy idea to suggest higher taxes. IT WORKS.


Humm please do tell us which countries you are referring to [/quote]





The socialist Scandinavians of course! They have their priorities in the right places. Unfortunately America's little sister EU is ruining a lot of that beauty. I hope it can still be preserved through this transitional period.
hevusa is offline  
Old April 14th, 2005, 06:12 AM   #5
RWE
Senior Member
 
RWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 281
Re: True

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
[quote name='RWE'][quote name='hevusa']Socialist countries that have higher taxes have it better all around. Better social programs, shorter work weeks, longer vacations, longer lives, lower pollution, lower crime, etc etc.



It is NOT a crazy idea to suggest higher taxes. IT WORKS.


Humm please do tell us which countries you are referring to [/quote]





The socialist Scandinavians of course! They have their priorities in the right places. Unfortunately America's little sister EU is ruining a lot of that beauty. I hope it can still be preserved through this transitional period.[/quote]





yeah screw them, here is something which i strongly feel is a problem and it looks as if it is rubbing off here in america "gay marriage was legalized in Scandinavia, marriage itself has virtually ceased to exist." (http://www.wanttoknow.info/visionsofarmageddon)



oh yeah btw about this awsome health care issue..



"As is the case in the other Scandinavian countries, Norway has a National Health Care System. All Norwegians are insured through this system and it is financed through compulsory taxation. Unlike the United Kingdom, the private health care sector is very small, limited to a few clinics, mainly in the Oslo area. These clinics provide supplementary health care. It is, however, not possible for a Norwegian citizen to opt out of the National Health Care System and buy his or her own private health insurance.



During the past few years there have been a number of mass media reports of patients being denied presumed beneficial health care by the system. The system continues to suffer from long waiting lists. Even though the Government has introduced a 'waiting list guarantee' which gives patients with certain conditions a guarantee that they will be treated within 6 months, there has only been a small reduction in the number of patients with these conditions who have waited longer than 6 months for treatment. The issue of health care resource allocation or rationing has thus entered the public debate, as it has in most other countries."





humm seems like we have alot to learn from them
RWE is offline  
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:21 AM   #6
Retired
 
hevusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,705
Re: True

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWE
[quote name='hevusa'][quote name='RWE'][quote name='hevusa']Socialist countries that have higher taxes have it better all around. Better social programs, shorter work weeks, longer vacations, longer lives, lower pollution, lower crime, etc etc.



It is NOT a crazy idea to suggest higher taxes. IT WORKS.


Humm please do tell us which countries you are referring to [/quote]





The socialist Scandinavians of course! They have their priorities in the right places. Unfortunately America's little sister EU is ruining a lot of that beauty. I hope it can still be preserved through this transitional period.[/quote]





yeah screw them, here is something which i strongly feel is a problem and it looks as if it is rubbing off here in america "gay marriage was legalized in Scandinavia, marriage itself has virtually ceased to exist." (http://www.wanttoknow.info/visionsofarmageddon)



oh yeah btw about this awsome health care issue..



"As is the case in the other Scandinavian countries, Norway has a National Health Care System. All Norwegians are insured through this system and it is financed through compulsory taxation. Unlike the United Kingdom, the private health care sector is very small, limited to a few clinics, mainly in the Oslo area. These clinics provide supplementary health care. It is, however, not possible for a Norwegian citizen to opt out of the National Health Care System and buy his or her own private health insurance.



During the past few years there have been a number of mass media reports of patients being denied presumed beneficial health care by the system. The system continues to suffer from long waiting lists. Even though the Government has introduced a 'waiting list guarantee' which gives patients with certain conditions a guarantee that they will be treated within 6 months, there has only been a small reduction in the number of patients with these conditions who have waited longer than 6 months for treatment. The issue of health care resource allocation or rationing has thus entered the public debate, as it has in most other countries."





humm seems like we have alot to learn from them [/quote]





Low marriage numbers in Scandinavia has nothing to do with homosexuals whatsoever. It has to do with low church attendance.



And considering Norway has a higher life expectancy than USA, lower crime, lower pollution, better education, shorter work weeks, longer vacations etc. Yes, we do have a lot to learn from socialist countries.



Or do you just enjoy having it worse than you need to?
hevusa is offline  
Old April 15th, 2005, 08:52 AM   #7
RWE
Senior Member
 
RWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 281
humm http://www.aftenposten.no/english/lo...icle633160.ece leader in casual sex.. awesome :thumbsdown: also what a great place to live "Now I don't want to labour the cost of Norwegian travel, but as I alluded to earlier; this place is a seriously expensive country; every time I ordered a beer I was mentally cursing Norway's Oil wealth. A beer costs NOK 55 and you get NOK 11 to the GB£. When I went book shopping a hardback book costs so much I'm surprised the whole nation isn't illiterate."



hum also, pretty much everything is legal there including the new sport for tourists of killing baby seals, yep





New Sport For Tourists:

Killing Baby Seals







Heartless, mindless cruelty by subhuman scum.

A defenseless baby seal is bashed in the skull until dead





It is the ultimate form of extreme holiday 'fun'. Tourists, bored with SAS survival weekends, trekking trips in the Antarctic and booking space flights with Richard Branson, will soon be able to fly to Norway - and shoot baby seals.



The decision to launch the vacations - which have aroused the fury of animal rights groups - follows the recent move by the Norwegian government to expand its annual culling of seals so that amateur enthusiasts can join in.



The aim is to bring about a dramatic increase in the number of deaths of seals, which are blamed by fishermen for devastating drops in the North Sea marine stocks. But the effect has been to outrage conservation groups.



'Killing a baby seal is about the easiest thing you can do if you're inclined to be sadistic; you certainly can't say there's any sport in it - the animal is totally defenceless,' said Paul Watson, founder and president of the radical Sea Shepherd group.



The expansion of Norway's seal cull comes into force in January, following intense lobbying by fishermen, who say the country's large seal population is not only devastating cod and other fish stocks but is infecting other marine life with parasites.



Companies are already offering holidays to both experienced hunters and beginners to take advantage of this relaxation of rules. NorSafari is advertising on the internet for trips that start at 1,400 kroner - about £110 - for a day's hunting and one seal. This rises to 8,200 kroner, or £650, for four days and the guarantee of two seals.



The company's website shows photos of hunters posing with their kill and offers trips that not only include accommodation and food but help with cutting up and preserving seal carcasses. Training is available for beginners, it adds.



Some packages offer a refund to disappointed hunters who don't kill the advertised catch. Extra seals shot will cost another 500 kroner, while another company, Polar Events, advertises: 'We will make sure that your hunt is one not soon forgotten.'



Professional seal hunters have traditionally used clubs to kill seals, but Polar Events' boss, Kjetil Kristoffersen, said tourists would be given rifles to hunt their prey.



'Seals have been hunted in Norway for many years and it's part of the culture,' said Kristoffersen. 'We want people who are interested in hunting, not people who just come to shoot the animal... the tradition up here in Norway [is] we hunt the seal to eat it; it's food.'



Animal rights activists and conservation groups fear that helpless baby seals will become the prime, easy targets of tourists. They also warn that seals are in danger of being over-hunted.



Seal hunting has been a tradition in Norway for thousands of years, but has dwindled recently with only about half the annual 1,200 quota being killed each year. Despite this, under pressure from fishermen the quota was raised to more than 2,000 a couple of years ago.



The decision to include tourists in a practice which, until now has been confined to local experts, is designed to help meet that quota.



Announcing the plan, Norway's Fisheries Minister, Svein Ludvigsen, said the move would 'restore the balance' between fish and seals along Norway's coast and claimed that the hunting of seals was no different from hunting moose. Others liken the practice to hunting foxes, big game or even fish and birds. 'This could be a big hit,' added the minister, whose father was a trawler captain.



This optimism is not shared by many others outside Norway, however, and last week the government appeared to be backing down from its enthusiastic endorsement of seal-hunting holidays on its shores. Ministers worry that the move, even if popular with hunters, will damage the country's image for the majority of tourists.



'This is certainly not an image we are keen to be portrayed with,' said Eirik Bergesen, an information adviser for the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, although he stressed that 'for ordinary hunting you can come to Norway and hunt, so what we're doing is actually bringing the rules for seal hunting in accordance with those other hunting laws and guidelines'.









Vacation in the great outdoors! The fresh air! The crimson snow!





The idea of the holidays was also attacked by the International Fund for Animal Welfare. 'Tourists should be encouraged to enjoy and protect wild animals in their natural habitat rather than kill them,' said spokeswoman Gill Sanders.



Some campaigners have disputed the fishermen's claims that there is a link between seals and the decline in fish stocks. 'That's never been scientifically proven,' added Maren Esmark, marine conservation officer for the Norwegian branch of wildlife charity WWF.



Some argue that over-fishing is the cause of devastated fish stocks. Seals, they point out, have happily coexisted with other marine life for most of their history.



'Our position is more seals, more fish,' said Watson. 'The biggest predator of fish like cod is other fish - and seals keep fish like that in check.'



So far, it is unclear how popular the hunts will prove with visitors, however. Polar Events has had no overseas bookings yet. But the website for NorSafari says 'many of the people we have spoken to would like to come to Norway to go seal hunting. Already there is sufficient interest for us to invite hunters to an exciting hunt.' And the Norwegian Hunting and Fishing Association told Jeger (Hunter) magazine there was expected to be interest abroad, especially from Germany.











RWE is offline  
Old April 15th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #8
Retired
 
hevusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,705
Alcohol costs a lot in Scandinavia because it is a heavily taxed luxury item (like cigarettes). They work the health care costs right in



And if you compare the way we treat our animals to Scandinavians we are leagues behind. The way animals are treated here, pumped with hormones, anti-biotics, etc...



well, let's just say girls in america achieve maturity at an ever decreasing age because of it.



We don't have half the respect of animals in America as they do there. Having lived in both places it is a VERY obvious thing. They are connected to nature there in a much more respectful way.
hevusa is offline  
Old April 16th, 2005, 08:55 AM   #9
RWE
Senior Member
 
RWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 281
yeah i can tell by the bashing of a baby seals head..
RWE is offline  
Old April 16th, 2005, 12:49 PM   #10
Retired
 
hevusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWE
yeah i can tell by the bashing of a baby seals head..




Nothing compared to what occurs in chicken coops in America.
hevusa is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance

Tags
countries, socialist

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Obama a Socialist? baloney_detector Socialism 17 December 7th, 2012 10:57 AM
How Other Countries see the US garysher Current Events 0 June 9th, 2012 05:34 PM
Socialist United States kowalskil Americas 0 December 23rd, 2010 12:05 PM
Why Socialist Ideas Don't Work borden123 Money and Finance 274 February 12th, 2010 10:54 AM
Why Socialist Health Care is Not the Answer borden123 Healthcare 3 January 24th, 2010 04:03 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.