Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,809
Do Illegal Immigrants Affect the Economy?- Yes, for the worse!

The recent passage of Arizona SB 1070 has raised quite a bit of controversy in the American Latino community, as the provisions requiring police officers to ask for identification from suspected illegal immigrants are perceived as “racist” or “discriminatory.”

You know what I think? Get over it.





The illegal immigrant community is, by and large, an enormous drain on American resources. They don’t pay taxes, they take American jobs, they invite drugs, prostitution and crime into the United States from across the border, they transplant American capital into a far less stable and prosperous economy, they set a dangerous precedent if they stay permanently, they benefit from welfare, health and education services, they enjoy the same legal rights and protections as everyone else, they enjoy police and military defense and they apparently have a very influential voice in American politics.





They enjoy all of these benefits, in spite of the fact that they are in violation of American laws by simple virtue of the fact that they are here. And while legal Americans repay their government for countless services through taxation, illegal immigrants simply ignore that obligation, since it would inevitably be revealed that they are breaking immigration laws. It’s a pretty good deal, if you ask me.

And yet they have the audacity to call this law “racist?” For all the ways they take advantage of the American social, economic and political framework without paying their civil obligations, they are really going to criticize a law like this? All it does is allow police to check for proof of identification. Where’s the problem? When I get pulled over or stopped by a police officer, I need to provide proof of identification too. And if you really are a legal resident, you lose nothing more than 30 seconds of your life. There are worse things that could happen to you.





This is the most arrogant and cocky expression of entitlement I have ever seen. To the illegal immigrant community: how dare you compare the United States of America, the most tolerant and pro-human institution ever conceived by mankind, to a gestapo-run, Nazi police state simply because we wish to ensure the legality of our citizens? You are cheating the American community out of millions in taxpayer dollars and are destroying the credibility and integrity of our immigration laws. Instead of imposing an appropriately harsher fine or punishment on you (which, frankly, we should), we simply ask to see your identification. So sorry if you’re “offended” by that. Maybe you ought to go through the legalization process and stop leeching off a system financed by me and the 300 million other legal residents.





And one last thing. This has been called a bill that legalizes racial profiling. Yep, it is. That’s exactly what it is. Arizona law enforcement officers will be targeting Mexicans (yes, people from Mexico) when looking for illegal immigrants. As much as I’d love to randomly check every third person that walks by — black, white, Asian, Latino, Native American or whatever — to see if they are illegal Mexican immigrants, I kind of think targeting actual Mexicans might be the most efficient means. Just a thought.





So, I will again address the illegal Mexican community: I leave you with three truly just options. One, you can shut up, risk deportation and realize that this law is necessary for our national security and for the equitable treatment of all legal citizens. Two, you can become legal and accept that you might get asked for ID once in a while. Or three, as much as I hate to echo sentiments of the Tea Party, you can leave. I won’t lose any sleep over it.
borden123 is offline  
Old November 22nd, 2011, 10:21 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
As you see the economy is slowly crashing. But its not the fault of immigrants. Immigrants came to "The country of the free" , but seriously no one is free.



People have been denied their rights over the past few years and its still happening today. People like Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks, all activists fighting for the same thing , stood up for what they believed was better for the African Americans.



What did they succeed?



The RIGHTS they deserved . Immigrants didn't come to "[s]America[/s]" to take jobs, to break laws, but they came to have a BETTER life .



Blaming HARD WORKING immigrants because many of these CITIZENS can't KEEP a job. Most of the citizens of this country are UNEMPLOYED !

Citizens of America don't have what immigrants do have, the ABILITY to work until they DIE. Many of the citizens WON'T lift up objects that weigh AT LEAST 5 pounds.



This government has no stability over there country. If they are so called " The Land of The FREE ", why do they arrest people that protest. They have the right. Its freedom of Speech .



Many of the people that complain they have no job and are citizens , probably dropped out of high school. They HAD the SAME opportunities as others did and immigrants .



How come they didn't go to college, why don't the have a stable job? LAZINESS ..



Something immigrants don't have. As for paying taxes, ask the wealthiest people in the United States how much they pay taxes. Some don't even pay . So stop blaming immigrants over the errors the government did over the past years. Have you thought it's not the person in country that has made it a horrible mess but the person who runs it and HOW they run it .. ?
Cindy Gutierrez is offline  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:40 AM   #3
Bye, Ya better behave.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 13,845
Most Americans are not lazy, we just don't want this race to the bottom with our wages. Illegal immigrants are hire because they can be taking advantage of so easily and get paid much less than if it was an American worker. American's know from right and wrong and they know it's wrong for business to hire cheap labor. We don't have an illegal immigrant problem we have a illegal employer problem. Illegal immigration know matter where they came from have driven down wages in this country. Now is that the biggest reason why? No, there's bigger reasons. However that fact still remains.



You're pretty much calling Americans lazy and I just hate hearing that. You made some other great point though.
Fayt is offline  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Not Believing My Eyes....
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 33,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Gutierrez View Post
As you see the economy is slowly crashing. But its not the fault of immigrants. Immigrants came to "The country of the free" , but seriously no one is free.



People have been denied their rights over the past few years and its still happening today. People like Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks, all activists fighting for the same thing , stood up for what they believed was better for the African Americans.



What did they succeed?



The RIGHTS they deserved . Immigrants didn't come to "[s]America[/s]" to take jobs, to break laws, but they came to have a BETTER life .



Blaming HARD WORKING immigrants because many of these CITIZENS can't KEEP a job. Most of the citizens of this country are UNEMPLOYED !

Citizens of America don't have what immigrants do have, the ABILITY to work until they DIE. Many of the citizens WON'T lift up objects that weigh AT LEAST 5 pounds.



This government has no stability over there country. If they are so called " The Land of The FREE ", why do they arrest people that protest. They have the right. Its freedom of Speech .



Many of the people that complain they have no job and are citizens , probably dropped out of high school. They HAD the SAME opportunities as others did and immigrants .



How come they didn't go to college, why don't the have a stable job? LAZINESS ..



Something immigrants don't have. As for paying taxes, ask the wealthiest people in the United States how much they pay taxes. Some don't even pay . So stop blaming immigrants over the errors the government did over the past years. Have you thought it's not the person in country that has made it a horrible mess but the person who runs it and HOW they run it .. ?


You could not have summed up better why I oppose ILLEGAL immigration. Funny how you leave the "illegal" part out. In the past, immigrants didn't come to the US and start bad mouthing America, but some of the ILLEGAL immigrants here presently do just that.



You said: "Most of the citizens of this country are UNEMPLOYED !" Right there, you are wrong. Can you give me one reason to take anything you say seriously if you are that freaking clueless?



And ILLEGAL immigrants ruined the construction trades. I know. I used to be in the construction trades. And, on a regular basis, I lifted more than five pounds.



It's very revealing you put down LEGAL residents of the US, and that you don't see any difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants. Hey, go back to your own country, start a revolution there, and fix your own government. Por favor?
imaginethat is online now  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 06:39 PM   #5
Not Believing My Eyes....
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 33,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Gutierrez View Post
The RIGHTS they deserved . Immigrants didn't come to "[s]America[/s]" to take jobs, to break laws, but they came to have a BETTER life .


And what the hell does [s]America[/s] mean? I'd really like an answer to that.
imaginethat is online now  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:22 PM   #6
Not Believing My Eyes....
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 33,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by borden123 View Post
The recent passage of Arizona SB 1070 has raised quite a bit of controversy in the American Latino community, as the provisions requiring police officers to ask for identification from suspected illegal immigrants are perceived as “racist” or “discriminatory.”

You know what I think? Get over it.





The illegal immigrant community is, by and large, an enormous drain on American resources. They don’t pay taxes, they take American jobs, they invite drugs, prostitution and crime into the United States from across the border, they transplant American capital into a far less stable and prosperous economy, they set a dangerous precedent if they stay permanently, they benefit from welfare, health and education services, they enjoy the same legal rights and protections as everyone else, they enjoy police and military defense and they apparently have a very influential voice in American politics.





They enjoy all of these benefits, in spite of the fact that they are in violation of American laws by simple virtue of the fact that they are here. And while legal Americans repay their government for countless services through taxation, illegal immigrants simply ignore that obligation, since it would inevitably be revealed that they are breaking immigration laws. It’s a pretty good deal, if you ask me.

And yet they have the audacity to call this law “racist?” For all the ways they take advantage of the American social, economic and political framework without paying their civil obligations, they are really going to criticize a law like this? All it does is allow police to check for proof of identification. Where’s the problem? When I get pulled over or stopped by a police officer, I need to provide proof of identification too. And if you really are a legal resident, you lose nothing more than 30 seconds of your life. There are worse things that could happen to you.





This is the most arrogant and cocky expression of entitlement I have ever seen. To the illegal immigrant community: how dare you compare the United States of America, the most tolerant and pro-human institution ever conceived by mankind, to a gestapo-run, Nazi police state simply because we wish to ensure the legality of our citizens? You are cheating the American community out of millions in taxpayer dollars and are destroying the credibility and integrity of our immigration laws. Instead of imposing an appropriately harsher fine or punishment on you (which, frankly, we should), we simply ask to see your identification. So sorry if you’re “offended” by that. Maybe you ought to go through the legalization process and stop leeching off a system financed by me and the 300 million other legal residents.





And one last thing. This has been called a bill that legalizes racial profiling. Yep, it is. That’s exactly what it is. Arizona law enforcement officers will be targeting Mexicans (yes, people from Mexico) when looking for illegal immigrants. As much as I’d love to randomly check every third person that walks by — black, white, Asian, Latino, Native American or whatever — to see if they are illegal Mexican immigrants, I kind of think targeting actual Mexicans might be the most efficient means. Just a thought.





So, I will again address the illegal Mexican community: I leave you with three truly just options. One, you can shut up, risk deportation and realize that this law is necessary for our national security and for the equitable treatment of all legal citizens. Two, you can become legal and accept that you might get asked for ID once in a while. Or three, as much as I hate to echo sentiments of the Tea Party, you can leave. I won’t lose any sleep over it.


And, like right on cue, appears Cindy, saying to you, a citizen of a country that is a desirable place to which to emigrate, hey buddy... stuff it. Incredible, but there are those in the ILLEGAL immigrant category who do just that. And to turn a blind eye to that is suicide. I'm not hyperbolizing here. It's literal suicide for a democratic republic. For, a group with no constitutional status dictates to the body politic that they are here, they are here in defiance of laws passed by legislators elected by the legal body politic, and you, dear [s]American[/s], are just going to have to live with that, you [s]American[/s] piratas.



Bullshit to every ILLEGAL immigrant with that attitude. This is my, and my family's nation. We were here first. We made this country into something you'd risk the penalties of breaking this nation's laws in order to emigrate here. It is my country. I will support all efforts to defend and preserve her Constitution, her system of laws. Those laws are WHY you want to emigrate here.



It's just how the world goes.



And before anyone points it out, yeah, a Cindy hit a raw nerve, a raw American nerve.
imaginethat is online now  
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:18 PM   #7
Bye, Ya better behave.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 13,845
Stop being so mean imaginethat.
Fayt is offline  
Old November 24th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #8
Not Believing My Eyes....
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 33,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
Stop being so mean imaginethat.


Stop being the fool, Fayt.
imaginethat is online now  
Old November 24th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #9
Bye, Ya better behave.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 13,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt' timestamp='1322115532' post='369767

Stop being so mean imaginethat.


Stop being the fool, Fayt.


Your family wasn't here first imaginethat, if anything Cindy's family was here first. We stole if from them.
Fayt is offline  
Old November 24th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #10
Not Believing My Eyes....
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 33,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat' timestamp='1322153666' post='369781

[quote name='Fayt' timestamp='1322115532' post='369767']

Stop being so mean imaginethat.


Stop being the fool, Fayt.


Your family wasn't here first imaginethat, if anything Cindy's family was here first. We stole if from them.

[/quote]



Wrong, unless she's pure Native American she has some of that nasty Old World blood. And my grandfather was on the last roll taken of the Cherokee Nation, so we're even on that account. But, it was the nasty European-blooded immigrants who created this country and its system of laws which protect individual liberty that made this country a desirable place, one illegal immigrants want to emigrate to. And she comes here, and bad-mouths American citizens?



No one wants to emigrate to the rat-hole countries many illegal immigrants are from. Simple as that. Moreover, there is hardly a place on Earth that hasn't been "stolen" from someone else.



You display all the maladies of a short-sighted, white-guilt laden, bleeding heart liberal, one who has no appreciation of our nation and its system of laws. And illegal "guests" like Cindy can either STFU or leave as far as I'm concerned.
imaginethat is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance

Tags
affect, economy, illegal, immigrants, worse

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Support the Illegal Immigrants!!! ivees27 Immigration 161 August 4th, 2013 01:51 PM
Our Forefathers were illegal immigrants? Danjb25 Current Events 12 October 10th, 2012 12:31 PM
100,000 Illegal Immigrants Flee Arizona garysher Current Events 60 August 25th, 2010 09:13 AM
Fed predicts economy will get worse CNN Current Events 18 January 8th, 2009 01:19 AM
Illegal Immigrants RidinHighSpeeds Immigration 54 July 8th, 2005 08:22 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.