Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2008, 07:05 PM   #1
Wow
Senior Member
 
Wow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,087
Cost of Gay marriage

As we all know, Gay marriage will be a major financial burden for US taxpayers.

Should there be a special Federal tax for the states that have legalized Gay marriage/civil unions?

Are there other ways states can pay for Gay marriage?

How will the additional medical expenses be funded?
Wow is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 17,155
the same we have "funded" all marriages.



are you suggesting that gays aren't taxpayers?



what additional medical expenses?



the government doesn't pay my medical expenses



are you daft?
tristanrobin is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
knowuryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wow
As we all know, Gay marriage will be a major financial burden for US taxpayers.

Should there be a special Federal tax for the states that have legalized Gay marriage/civil unions?

Are there other ways states can pay for Gay marriage?

How will the additional medical expenses be funded?


Care to provide some statistics to back up your lame assertion?





knowuryder is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 11:12 PM   #4
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 16,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wow
As we all know, Gay marriage will be a major financial burden for US taxpayers.

Should there be a special Federal tax for the states that have legalized Gay marriage/civil unions?

Are there other ways states can pay for Gay marriage?

How will the additional medical expenses be funded?


Why ask these questions?
highway80west is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 07:59 AM   #5
Wow
Senior Member
 
Wow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway80west
Why ask these questions?
A breath of fresh air.

It's something new from the same old tired issues.

Well, let me say this, it's a new subject for I.
Wow is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 08:05 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
knowuryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wow
A breath of fresh air.

It's something new from the same old tired issues.

Well, let me say this, it's a new subject for I.


You said "As we all know...." but here is the thing, we don't all know this. You are just doing what homophobic bigots do all the time when it comes to this issue, you are pulling nonsense out of your ass without one iota of evidence to back it up.



I have had several exchanges with you now, and it always comes down to you having to support what you say is "In your experience...", OR, "I have known XYZ to be true..." and now this, my personal favorite, "AS we all know.."



You seem to have a lot of information, so please, enlighten us with some proof for a change.



Thanks.





knowuryder is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 08:08 AM   #7
Wow
Senior Member
 
Wow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowuryder
Care to provide some statistics to back up your lame assertion?





There will not be any stats for something like this at this time.

But it's commonsense that there will be additional financial burdens for the taxpayers.

Gay marriage will lower income tax revenues and at the same time increase the financial burden on Social Security (Spousal benefits, survivor benefits, disability benefits), our court system and employers that provide benefits.



I own a business and I can see a huge impact on the economy, employers and taxpayers.

No, I'm not rich, like the majority of employers in the USA. lol
Wow is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 08:11 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 17,155
once again - you refuse to answer:



financial burdens for the taxpayers? are you suggesting that gays aren't taxpayers - taxpayers who have, in fact, been taxed more heavily than straight couple taxpayers?
tristanrobin is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 08:11 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 17,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wow
A breath of fresh air.

It's something new from the same old tired issues.

Well, let me say this, it's a new subject for I.


then, please respond to the second post on this thread
tristanrobin is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 08:13 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Tirya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wow
There will not be any stats for something like this at this time.

But it's commonsense that there will be additional financial burdens for the taxpayers.

Gay marriage will lower income tax revenues and at the same time increase the financial burden on Social Security (Spousal benefits, survivor benefits, disability benefits), our court system and employers that provide benefits.


Then let's do away with marriage altogether, if it's such a burden on the economy.



The gender of the people involved is immaterial.
Tirya is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance

Tags
cost, gay, marriage

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Cost of Same-Sex Marriage Bans tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 6 June 5th, 2012 07:21 PM
The High Cost Of Bigotry orangeman Gay and Lesbian Rights 8 January 14th, 2011 05:22 PM
Truth at Any Cost Global Crier Politicians 5 October 3rd, 2010 11:30 AM
The Cost of an Unjust War... tadpole256 Warfare 4 September 1st, 2005 02:17 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.