Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Lobby > New Users

New Users Post up here and introduce yourself!


Thanks Tree36Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2017, 10:00 AM   #91
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
Thank you Wikipedia, but the principle taught by Christ is not one of reciprocity. There is no payback. And none should be expected.

“But it is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant; and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be servant of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” Mark 10:43-45

Perhaps we're going different directions here. My point was one of divine origin and instruction, not a random unexplained product of human evolution. I think we're actually on the same page.
Certainly, no expectations of reciprocity will necessarily be fulfilled.

However, I see no reason to divide: The GR is a product of evolution OR it's of divine origin. I think it's an example of both.
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 19th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
Asimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you, Golden Rule which is not in the Bible. Do unto others before they do unto you is in the Bible. Smite thine enemies before they smite you. Kill a commie for Christ!
Chapter and verse where Jesus said this, please?
Asimov is offline  
Old October 19th, 2017, 02:45 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
Asimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Well then, IMO that means that it is not the golden rule that he espoused then.
Okay.
Asimov is offline  
Old October 27th, 2017, 04:36 AM   #94
Quid est veritas?
 
Peter the Roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: The heart of darkness
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
There are variations of that rule in Hindu teachings and also China as well as others that predate Christ. So I don't think so.



Who first invented the golden rule? : Dangerous Intersection with more links imbedded.
One could most certainly argue that through all spirituality runs the presence of the Divine, the True God. All fingers point toward the same Being, He who Is, Was, and Will Be.
Thanks from imaginethat
Peter the Roman is offline  
Old October 27th, 2017, 04:45 AM   #95
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Roman View Post
One could most certainly argue that through all spirituality runs the presence of the Divine, the True God. All fingers point toward the same Being, He who Is, Was, and Will Be.
Once a number of gods made sense of the way the world worked, then one God even better. What we know about the universe nowadays make that sort of thing less and less likely wherever ancient fingers may seem to be pointing. Using antique language won't act as a time machine, however attractive it may seem.
iolo is offline  
Old October 27th, 2017, 05:20 AM   #96
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 902
Yes, I believe there is a God. Even Einstein believed in Intelligent Design.
BS Filter is offline  
Old October 27th, 2017, 05:31 AM   #97
Quid est veritas?
 
Peter the Roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: The heart of darkness
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolo View Post
Once a number of gods made sense of the way the world worked, then one God even better. What we know about the universe nowadays make that sort of thing less and less likely wherever ancient fingers may seem to be pointing. Using antique language won't act as a time machine, however attractive it may seem.
I disagree, but you're entitled to your view. Science can only explain so much.
Peter the Roman is offline  
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:53 AM   #98
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 29,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Roman View Post
One could most certainly argue that through all spirituality runs the presence of the Divine, the True God. All fingers point toward the same Being, He who Is, Was, and Will Be.
Or one could argue that it is common sense. No need to invent a sky daddy of any kind.
RNG is offline  
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:55 AM   #99
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 29,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Yes, I believe there is a God. Even Einstein believed in Intelligent Design.
That is a total misinterpretation of his quote often repeated by christian apologists.
Thanks from Sabcat
RNG is offline  
Old October 27th, 2017, 10:10 AM   #100
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Or one could argue that it is common sense. No need to invent a sky daddy of any kind.
Spirituality is common sense?
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Lobby > New Users

Tags
god, opinion, real, reality, religion



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my real name McCoy New Users 8 February 7th, 2018 11:36 PM
The Real Sabcat Political Humor 0 November 15th, 2016 09:30 AM
Is This For Real??? Tony Science and Technology 0 April 9th, 2014 08:17 PM
Nothing is real any more. roastpork Science and Technology 1 January 27th, 2014 10:19 AM
Who was the real mlk jr.? ? Mr. Logic Racism 146 April 27th, 2013 06:15 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.