Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Lobby > New Users

New Users Post up here and introduce yourself!


Thanks Tree11Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2018, 06:40 AM   #1
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 201
How are you?

My philosophy is that no one is right all the time, no one on the political spectrum has all the answers. My hope is that, some day, we find ways to communicate with respect, and without taking cheap shots at each other. It is getting too nasty out there.
Eager to meet you and exchange opinions with you, hoping to learn a thing or two.
Thanks from Camelot and Gordy
Lovebug is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 06:51 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 12,046
How are you? Better than nothing.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 07:31 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,905
Okay Lovebug, know we have a culture war here. On one side of this war are those who are very disrespectful and think respect is something that is earned. You know they want to be respected, and you might agree, being respectful is essential to be respected, unless, you are one of the crude and rude people who think respect must be earned. Which you not.

Now here is the really exciting thing. Ever since dial-up services began connecting us, the crude and rude people have dominated. Forums began making rules but they were poorly enforced. We love our liberty and highly value freedom of speech, so we endured the clowns who made this form of sharing our thoughts very unpleasant. When we couldn't stand the insults and disrespect any longer, we left, one by one, always leaving the lowest element to dominate the forums. Clara, is to be admired because she held down the fort at Defending the Truth, and dealt with these clowns for a very long time with no one to back her up, and to my absolute amazement, more and more people who have high values are beginning to speak out as you have.

It is beginning to look as though those who want respectful and well-reasoned communication are beginning to dominate this forum! I didn't think this would ever happen! It is occurring not because a mod is trying to force us to conform to rules, but miraculously more and more people like you are joining the forum and we are all speaking out. We are having the social agreement that is essential to a high standard and liberty!

I wonder if this miracle is a backlash to Trump? I think across the US normally quiet and sensitive people, are beginning to speak out. These people are finding each other, and I believe we can dominate when the reasoning for a high moral standard is understood and together we change the "Trump follower" consciousness to something that is much more positive. We might actually overthrow the tyranny that has dominated far too long.
Athena is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 08:29 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
LOL, everything I typed is true. Fact, (both sides really) but especially the Left here want to be able to say anything they want without ANY repercussions at all, Clara too. I reject that premise. What I truly object to, (all the while realizing it matters to nobody but me) is that people try and force their truths down everyone else's throats. Show them ANYTHING that refutes "their" truth and they attack the messenger or the source, again this is both sides. I find that tactic stupid and reprehensible. They will quote kos and deride FOX. They will quote HuffPo and laugh at American Thinker. It's a joke, and a tactic mentally weak people use.

Fact, LBJ, Nixon, Trump, Obama, both Bush's, both Clinton's are dirty, all of them. Dirty enough to go to jail, dirty enough to be tried for treason.
As you can see Lovebug, "some" members of DTT carry the "debate" over personalities to a person's introductory thread.

However, what Athena said about more members wanting to talk and listen rather than lambast each other is absolutely true.

Welcome to DTT!!
Thanks from Camelot
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 08:30 AM   #5
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 201
It will take a few weeks to sort out the good and the bad and the occasional impatient one.
Thanks all
Lovebug is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 08:32 AM   #6
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Okay Lovebug, know we have a culture war here. On one side of this war are those who are very disrespectful and think respect is something that is earned. You know they want to be respected, and you might agree, being respectful is essential to be respected, unless, you are one of the crude and rude people who think respect must be earned. Which you not.

Now here is the really exciting thing. Ever since dial-up services began connecting us, the crude and rude people have dominated. Forums began making rules but they were poorly enforced. We love our liberty and highly value freedom of speech, so we endured the clowns who made this form of sharing our thoughts very unpleasant. When we couldn't stand the insults and disrespect any longer, we left, one by one, always leaving the lowest element to dominate the forums. Clara, is to be admired because she held down the fort at Defending the Truth, and dealt with these clowns for a very long time with no one to back her up, and to my absolute amazement, more and more people who have high values are beginning to speak out as you have.

It is beginning to look as though those who want respectful and well-reasoned communication are beginning to dominate this forum! I didn't think this would ever happen! It is occurring not because a mod is trying to force us to conform to rules, but miraculously more and more people like you are joining the forum and we are all speaking out. We are having the social agreement that is essential to a high standard and liberty!

I wonder if this miracle is a backlash to Trump? I think across the US normally quiet and sensitive people, are beginning to speak out. These people are finding each other, and I believe we can dominate when the reasoning for a high moral standard is understood and together we change the "Trump follower" consciousness to something that is much more positive. We might actually overthrow the tyranny that has dominated far too long.
One can discuss merits without taking cheap shots. Backlash to Trump? Was the backlash to Obama the beginning or the end?
Lovebug is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 08:43 AM   #7
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 31,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
One can discuss merits without taking cheap shots. Backlash to Trump? Was the backlash to Obama the beginning or the end?
I think it was neither, but the reaction to Obama was of a magnitude not seen before.

And welcome to the forum.
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 10:03 AM   #8
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,976
Welcome Lovebug. I look forward to sharing thoughts with you in a respectful fashion.
Camelot is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 10:21 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Okay Lovebug, know we have a culture war here. On one side of this war are those who are very disrespectful and think respect is something that is earned. You know they want to be respected, and you might agree, being respectful is essential to be respected, unless, you are one of the crude and rude people who think respect must be earned. Which you not.

Now here is the really exciting thing. Ever since dial-up services began connecting us, the crude and rude people have dominated. Forums began making rules but they were poorly enforced. We love our liberty and highly value freedom of speech, so we endured the clowns who made this form of sharing our thoughts very unpleasant. When we couldn't stand the insults and disrespect any longer, we left, one by one, always leaving the lowest element to dominate the forums. Clara, is to be admired because she held down the fort at Defending the Truth, and dealt with these clowns for a very long time with no one to back her up, and to my absolute amazement, more and more people who have high values are beginning to speak out as you have.

It is beginning to look as though those who want respectful and well-reasoned communication are beginning to dominate this forum! I didn't think this would ever happen! It is occurring not because a mod is trying to force us to conform to rules, but miraculously more and more people like you are joining the forum and we are all speaking out. We are having the social agreement that is essential to a high standard and liberty!

I wonder if this miracle is a backlash to Trump? I think across the US normally quiet and sensitive people, are beginning to speak out. These people are finding each other, and I believe we can dominate when the reasoning for a high moral standard is understood and together we change the "Trump follower" consciousness to something that is much more positive. We might actually overthrow the tyranny that has dominated far too long.


Athena!! Incredible post and thank you. You have expressed yourself beautifully, but I do have a point of order....and I mentioned this to you via PM.
My back-up BAND has always been here on DTT, singing "Rama-Lama-Ding dong", go, Clara!! AND I need to thank them--HEY guys--you KNOW who you are.
Moving on. DTT posters have discussed "respect" until we're all blue in the face and not much changes....because apparently there are ALL sorts of definitions. Who knew?
Many of us were raised in strict disciplinarian homes where disrespect was simply NOT tolerated and by disrespect I mean.... 1)Name calling 2) Profanity 3) Insults 4) Offensive remarks 5) Irresponsible/childish conduct.

We hear cries of "I hate all this PC crap" OR "I can't stand all this political correctness." "Apologists NOT ALLOWED. He/She says it like it is and there's nothing wrong with that." "Respect is EARNED--not given freely given."

The truth (IMO) is both parties (Left and Right) pull out the PC phrase when someone disagrees with them or demonstrates a little humility.
As far as I'm concerned PC is the same thing as good manners.
We learned a LONG time ago that honey attracts more bees than vinegar and we all need to compromise--at some point. Successful negotiations depend on the skill-set of how to communicate WITHOUT damaging the progress we've already made. We certainly can't be successful adults when we are rude and childish.

Having said all that, I am just as guilty as the next guy when it comes to losing my temper. Mr. Clara recently printed out a cartoon showing the little lady of the house next to a spewing volcano, because YES, I CAN erupt and I'm not happy with myself when I lose self-control. We all get frustrated. We all get challenged. The trick/solution to being an erupting volcano or a fierce tornado is that when it's over, it's over. I blow, but don't hold a grudge.

So again, thank you for bringing the word "respect" back to DTT as a reminder that we all need to work on it.
Thanks from imaginethat
Clara007 is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 10:22 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
LOL, everything I typed is true. Fact, (both sides really) but especially the Left here want to be able to say anything they want without ANY repercussions at all, Clara too. I reject that premise. What I truly object to, (all the while realizing it matters to nobody but me) is that people try and force their truths down everyone else's throats. Show them ANYTHING that refutes "their" truth and they attack the messenger or the source, again this is both sides. I find that tactic stupid and reprehensible. They will quote kos and deride FOX. They will quote HuffPo and laugh at American Thinker. It's a joke, and a tactic mentally weak people use.

Fact, LBJ, Nixon, Trump, Obama, both Bush's, both Clinton's are dirty, all of them. Dirty enough to go to jail, dirty enough to be tried for treason.
Oh yes, arguing about the truth until we have a consensus on the best reasoning is essential. If that is not what you want to do, what are doing here?
Athena is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Lobby > New Users



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.