Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Lobby > New Users

New Users Post up here and introduce yourself!


Thanks Tree4Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2018, 05:53 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 23,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanders111 View Post
To Hollywood: I will wager that you claim you are fiscally conservative and socially liberal!



To tristanrobin: Socialism and Communism end in the same place; so would you say you also border on Communism?

I should tell that I always use an upper case S & C for the same reason every religion and their disciples are capitalized. (Islam/Muslims, Christianity/Christians, Buddhism/Buddhist and so on.)




To caconservative: Thanks. Now I do not feel like the new guy on the block.
Matter of perspectives. If one suggests trimming the defense budget by 20% that person will be labeled by many as a far left liberal.
If one want to cut medicare & social security by 20% that person will be labeled by many as a far RW conservative.
Yet BOTH people consider themselves to be fiscal conservatives.
EVERYONE agrees the government wastes too much money, the disagreement lies in where the waste & fat should be trimmed and by how much.
Hollywood is online now  
Old May 27th, 2018, 06:02 PM   #12
Coconut Lure
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Matter of perspectives. If one suggests trimming the defense budget by 20% that person will be labeled by many as a far left liberal.
If one want to cut medicare & social security by 20% that person will be labeled by many as a far RW conservative.
Yet BOTH people consider themselves to be fiscal conservatives.
EVERYONE agrees the government wastes too much money, the disagreement lies in where the waste & fat should be trimmed and by how much.
Yet itís the people who call themselves liberals who steal money from social security and Medicare.
Thanks from Flanders111
webguy4 is offline  
Old May 27th, 2018, 06:09 PM   #13
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Yet itís the people who call themselves liberals who steal money from social security and Medicare.
Another RW lie.
RNG is offline  
Old May 27th, 2018, 08:09 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanders111 View Post
To imaginethat: I often reply to more than one person in the same response. I use a different color for each one. Is that okay?

Incidentally, I must have screwed up my scree name when I registered. I would like my screen changed to Flanders (no111) I do not know how to do it. Can it be done?
Probably, unfortunately the owner holds those powers close to his chest and he's totally absentee.
imaginethat is online now  
Old May 27th, 2018, 08:14 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanders111 View Post
To imaginethat: I often reply to more than one person in the same response. I use a different color for each one. Is that okay?
Yes, just don't post in all bold all red.

I'm not sure why you prefer posting in bold. As a writer, I'd never do that, rather, reserving bold for emphasis.

To each his own.
imaginethat is online now  
Old May 28th, 2018, 12:51 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Coast Of U.S.A.
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Matter of perspectives. If one suggests trimming the defense budget by 20% that person will be labeled by many as a far left liberal.
If one want to cut medicare & social security by 20% that person will be labeled by many as a far RW conservative.
Yet BOTH people consider themselves to be fiscal conservatives.

To Hollywood:
Contemporary conservatism is cobbled together with Socialist policies, while Democrats, Republicans, and everybody in-between claim they are fiscal conservatives and social liberals. That is pure political doublespeak designed to suck in voters across the board.

The size of the federal government; i.e. the welfare state, prove that no such person can co-exist in the same body. No individual can be fiscally conservative and socially liberal at the same time, yet conservatives vote for half-ass individuals who make that claim. Arnold Schwarzenegger got elected with that line of crap, and look at what he did to California. The Schwarz was always a Democrat. Hell, he could not qualify as a RINO. I spotted him as a phoney in 2003 when he said he was fiscally conservative and socially liberal. His time as Californiaís governor proved me right.

Incidentally, I never heard a known-liberal seeking high office claim he was fiscally conservative.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
EVERYONE agrees the government wastes too much money, the disagreement lies in where the waste & fat should be trimmed and by how much.
To Hollywood: That is another con job. I cannot count the number of times I heard a candidate promise efficient government by cutting waste and fraud. I have yet to see a one of them deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Probably, unfortunately the owner holds those powers close to his chest and he's totally absentee.
To imaginethat: Could I register again under the screen name Flanders? I just do not enjoy posting under the wrong moniker.
Flanders111 is offline  
Old May 28th, 2018, 06:01 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 23,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanders111 View Post

To Hollywood:
Contemporary conservatism is cobbled together with Socialist policies, while Democrats, Republicans, and everybody in-between claim they are fiscal conservatives and social liberals. That is pure political doublespeak designed to suck in voters across the board.

The size of the federal government; i.e. the welfare state, prove that no such person can co-exist in the same body. No individual can be fiscally conservative and socially liberal at the same time, yet conservatives vote for half-ass individuals who make that claim. Arnold Schwarzenegger got elected with that line of crap, and look at what he did to California. The Schwarz was always a Democrat. Hell, he could not qualify as a RINO. I spotted him as a phoney in 2003 when he said he was fiscally conservative and socially liberal. His time as Californiaís governor proved me right.

Incidentally, I never heard a known-liberal seeking high office claim he was fiscally conservative.




To Hollywood: That is another con job. I cannot count the number of times I heard a candidate promise efficient government by cutting waste and fraud. I have yet to see a one of them deliver.



To imaginethat: Could I register again under the screen name Flanders? I just do not enjoy posting under the wrong moniker.
Obviously, if one campaigns on a promise to "cut waste and fraud" then that person must believe that "waste and fraud" exists in government. You're not thinking logically. Indeed, they may not do it to the extent to please YOU, but obviously they know it's there.
Hollywood is online now  
Old May 28th, 2018, 06:39 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Coast Of U.S.A.
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Obviously, if one campaigns on a promise to "cut waste and fraud" then that person must believe that "waste and fraud" exists in government. You're not thinking logically. Indeed, they may not do it to the extent to please YOU, but obviously they know it's there.
To Hollywood: Get real. Everybody knows it is there.

No politician campaigning on eliminating waste and fraud should be believed until he says he will get the job done by repealing the XVI Amendment (1913). LOGICALLY, fraud and waste would not be possible without a tax on income.

For the record, I have never heard any politician even call for repealing the income tax.

NOTE: Reining in crooks and corruption sold the XVII Amendment (1913). Today, the federal government feeds a larger percentage of crooks and corruption than it did before 1913 —— in addition to fraud and waste a huge parasite class is funded by the XVI Amendment.

Last edited by Flanders111; May 28th, 2018 at 06:43 AM.
Flanders111 is offline  
Old May 28th, 2018, 07:05 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanders111 View Post
To imaginethat: Could I register again under the screen name Flanders? I just do not enjoy posting under the wrong moniker.
Sure, just announce when you do so I can delete this account.
imaginethat is online now  
Old May 28th, 2018, 07:06 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 23,048
This is the new users introduction forum. If you wish to start a thread on a specific topic please feel free to do so.

Last edited by Hollywood; May 28th, 2018 at 07:57 AM. Reason: typo
Hollywood is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Lobby > New Users



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.