Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Lobby > New Users

New Users Post up here and introduce yourself!


Thanks Tree4Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2018, 09:27 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Coast Of U.S.A.
Posts: 309
Greetings To Everyone

Hello,

I thought I would introduce myself with a little background info.

I am a male born in 1934. I consider myself archconservative 覧 not to be confused with Establishment Republicans or Libertarians. Under no circumstance will I ever vote for a Democrat 覧 about 7 or 8 years ago I began calling it the Democrat Party because I refuse to associate Democrats with democratic ideals.

I have been posting on message boards since the year 2000. I do not post on two boards at the same time.

The format I use evolved over 18 years. My format has not changed much in the past ten years. I mention format because I use bold fonts on my text, 覧 I use regular fonts on quotes, articles, and so on. I indent non-bold fonts to make it easier for readers to separate my text from the rest. Bold was accepted on every board except one. Happily, the folks who found my format easy to read outnumbered the complainers who were always liberals.

All of my text is original even though I often post messages and excerpts from messages I wrote years ago. I update old messages by melding them with a current topic. That has been the best way for me to find soul mates.
Thanks from webguy4 and Kate
Flanders111 is offline  
Old May 27th, 2018, 09:36 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,570
Bold is OK, but bold red and you're outta here!!

Welcome to you.
imaginethat is offline  
Old May 27th, 2018, 09:50 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Coast Of U.S.A.
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Bold is OK, but bold red and you're outta here!!

Welcome to you.
To imaginethat: I often reply to more than one person in the same response. I use a different color for each one. Is that okay?

Incidentally, I must have screwed up my scree name when I registered. I would like my screen changed to Flanders (no111) I do not know how to do it. Can it be done?
Flanders111 is offline  
Old May 27th, 2018, 12:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 23,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanders111 View Post
Hello,

I thought I would introduce myself with a little background info.

I am a male born in 1934. I consider myself archconservative 覧 not to be confused with Establishment Republicans or Libertarians. Under no circumstance will I ever vote for a Democrat 覧 about 7 or 8 years ago I began calling it the Democrat Party because I refuse to associate Democrats with democratic ideals.

I have been posting on message boards since the year 2000. I do not post on two boards at the same time.

The format I use evolved over 18 years. My format has not changed much in the past ten years. I mention format because I use bold fonts on my text, 覧 I use regular fonts on quotes, articles, and so on. I indent non-bold fonts to make it easier for readers to separate my text from the rest. Bold was accepted on every board except one. Happily, the folks who found my format easy to read outnumbered the complainers who were always liberals.

All of my text is original even though I often post messages and excerpts from messages I wrote years ago. I update old messages by melding them with a current topic. That has been the best way for me to find soul mates.
Howdy and welcome.
You will probably consider me to be very liberal while I consider myself to be a liberal conservative or a conservative liberal.
We shall have loads of fun.
Hollywood is offline  
Old May 27th, 2018, 12:57 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 24,295
Welcome.

I'm extremely liberal, bordering on socialist.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old May 27th, 2018, 01:02 PM   #6
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 5,174
Welcome Flanders. I am just an American from the state of my beloved Texas.
Panther is offline  
Old May 27th, 2018, 01:05 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,906
Welcome. It's always good to have right-thinking American onboard.
caconservative is offline  
Old May 27th, 2018, 02:19 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Coast Of U.S.A.
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Howdy and welcome.
You will probably consider me to be very liberal while I consider myself to be a liberal conservative or a conservative liberal.
We shall have loads of fun.
To Hollywood: I will wager that you claim you are fiscally conservative and socially liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Welcome.

I'm extremely liberal, bordering on socialist.
To tristanrobin: Socialism and Communism end in the same place; so would you say you also border on Communism?

I should tell that I always use an upper case S & C for the same reason every religion and their disciples are capitalized. (Islam/Muslims, Christianity/Christians, Buddhism/Buddhist and so on.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Welcome. It's always good to have right-thinking American onboard.
To caconservative: Thanks. Now I do not feel like the new guy on the block.
Flanders111 is offline  
Old May 27th, 2018, 02:46 PM   #9
PragmaticBastard
 
GluteusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 850
Welcome. Just joined yesterday but I've been blabbing nonstop since!
GluteusMaximus is offline  
Old May 27th, 2018, 05:45 PM   #10
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 5,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by GluteusMaximus View Post
Welcome. Just joined yesterday but I've been blabbing nonstop since!
Welcome.
Thanks from GluteusMaximus
Panther is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Lobby > New Users



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.