Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Opinion Polls

Opinion Polls Political Opinion Polls - Polls created by the community


View Poll Results: Is a "Free Market" System Sensible?
Yes 8 53.33%
No 6 40.00%
Other 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Thanks Tree71Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2017, 04:28 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
What is a Social Democratic society? I believe it is the same as Democratic Socialism...
Please look this up on Google (as I would much prefer not to write a short essay on a topic that is simple to research independently and arrive at an adequate answer).

However, if you prove to have great difficulty with this task, than I will respond (and likely provided sources of some nature to explore it further)
xMathFanx is offline  
Old December 31st, 2017, 04:34 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
Please look this up on Google (as I would much prefer not to write a short essay on a topic that is simple to research independently and arrive at an adequate answer).

However, if you prove to have great difficulty with this task, than I will respond (and likely provided sources of some nature to explore it further)
Well I generally agree with you on principle with what you said. Unfortunately it seems to me that the left likes to "change" definitions of what certain things are when its convenient. Such as saying Socialism. If you define Socialism, then they say that is not what they mean, but then the describe what the want which is usually everything that Socialism means. For instance, to say Social Democracy. That implies Democratic Socialism. Only there is a slight twist. Its using Social Justice (mob rule, usually with some violence) a long with governmental programs, to implement stealing businesses and property under the guise of for the greater good. Yeah, I got it.

By the way, I already made a comment prior to this one.
guy39 is offline  
Old December 31st, 2017, 04:39 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Yes I am opposed to the idea that there are 63+ genders, Neo-Feminism, cis-gender privilege, Affirmative Action, ect. ect. ....


Are you?
Imaginethat has already addressed this in full..

I know/knew (i.e. I had a very strong hunch based on the arguments I had seen you promote to that point) that you would be against all of those ideas/movements/policy listed (I am also). That was the point. I was pointing out that simply because you reject modern neo-leftist SJW leaning notions of Neo-Marxism does not therefore mean that you are a Fascist/Hitler/Nazi/White Supremacist/ect. Rather, the neo-leftists SJW types are operating on highly unreasonably expansive definitions of aforementioned terms in an effort to smear their opponent, shut down conversation, and thus obviate the need to honestly engage with the arguments from the opposing side--Just as you are doing however from the opposing end of the spectrum..
xMathFanx is offline  
Old December 31st, 2017, 04:50 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Unfortunately it seems to me that the left likes to "change" definitions of what certain things are when its convenient. Such as saying Socialism...For instance, to say Social Democracy. That implies Democratic Socialism. Only there is a slight twist.
It is much more true that many people on the Left are not themselves aware of the definitions/opposing systems but rather listen to and "copy-cat" what others are saying (even if the others they are listening to are misapplying the terms). In some respect, I understand how this can be a source of confusion, however, considering this is a political forum, I would tend to hold people to a higher standard than the "general public" on such matters.

For the second part of your post, Social Democracy does not imply Democratic Socialism by any extent of the imagination. It implies a mixed market economy (just as we already have), however with higher levels of constraints compared to what Ted Curz, Rand Paul, ect. type politicians would like to implement. There is more to it than this, I just wanted to give you a little bit to "chew on" between this preliminary post and when I get back to you later with my longer response

(Note: The USA is already a Mixed Market Economy, in case you were not aware of this. I have mentioned this in one of my previous posts)
Thanks from imaginethat
xMathFanx is offline  
Old December 31st, 2017, 04:53 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
Imaginethat has already addressed this in full..

I know/knew (i.e. I had a very strong hunch based on the arguments I had seen you promote to that point) that you would be against all of those ideas/movements/policy listed (I am also). That was the point. I was pointing out that simply because you reject modern neo-leftist SJW leaning notions of Neo-Marxism does not therefore mean that you are a Fascist/Hitler/Nazi/White Supremacist/ect. Rather, the neo-leftists SJW types are operating on highly unreasonably expansive definitions of aforementioned terms in an effort to smear their opponent, shut down conversation, and thus obviate the need to honestly engage with the arguments from the opposing side--Just as you are doing however from the opposing end of the spectrum..
In case you havn't figured it out yet, you are conversing with crony capitalists who feel entitled that the system be rigged in their favor. Anyone who attempts any conversation to the contrary is labeled communist. This entitled group views inherited money from daddy as hard work, and if you lose this money through sloth and bad decisions, but are able to bail yourself out through bankruptcy, you are a brilliant businessman. And you should then be entitled to not be obligated to pay taxes on your tax payer subsidized bailout.

Which if you think about it. Makes them socialists.
Thanks from xMathFanx
skews13 is offline  
Old December 31st, 2017, 04:55 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
It is much more true that many people on the Left are not themselves aware of the definitions/opposing systems but rather listen to and "copy-cat" what others are saying (even if the others they are listening to are misapplying the terms). In some respect, I understand how this can be a source of confusion, however, considering this is a political forum, I would tend to hold people to a higher standard than the "general public" on such matters.

For the second part of your post, Social Democracy does not imply Democratic Socialism by any extent of the imagination. It implies a mixed market economy (just as we already have), however with higher levels of constraints compared to what Ted Curz, Rand Paul, ect. type politicians would like to implement. There is more to it than this, I just wanted to give you a little bit to "chew on" between this preliminary post and when I get back to you later with my longer response

(Note: The USA is already a Mixed Market Economy, in case you were not aware of this. I have mentioned this in one of my previous posts)
This is going to turn into a rant about road signs, and fire departments and police departments. I can smell it a mile away.
guy39 is offline  
Old December 31st, 2017, 04:58 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
In case you havn't figured it out yet, you are conversing with crony capitalists who feel entitled that the system be rigged in their favor. Anyone who attempts any conversation to the contrary is labeled communist. This entitled group views inherited money from daddy as hard work, and if you lose this money through sloth and bad decisions, but are able to bail yourself out through bankruptcy, you are a brilliant businessman. And you should then be entitled to not be obligated to pay taxes on your tax payer subsidized bailout.

Which if you think about it. Makes them socialists.
So you are totally cool with the state taking everything you owned after you die right? Or do you mean that for the other guy?

So you prefer using tax dollars to bail out business instead of allowing them to file bankruptcy? So instead of it being daddy you want everyone who pays income tax to be daddy. Then you talk about entitled people.
Thanks from Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old December 31st, 2017, 04:58 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
This is going to turn into a rant about road signs, and fire departments and police departments. I can smell it a mile away.
Actually, what he said is that the US is a mixed market economy.
There really isn't any other kind of market economy, the pure market economy doesn't exist except as a concept, because in real life, it doesn't work.
Thanks from xMathFanx
goober is offline  
Old December 31st, 2017, 05:00 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Actually, what he said is that the US is a mixed market economy.
There really isn't any other kind of market economy, the pure market economy doesn't exist except as a concept, because in real life, it doesn't work.
I can read. He also is going to flip the script on what Social Democracy is. Another definition change a coming. Just hang on
guy39 is offline  
Old December 31st, 2017, 05:03 PM   #70
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
In case you havn't figured it out yet, you are conversing with crony capitalists who feel entitled that the system be rigged in their favor. Anyone who attempts any conversation to the contrary is labeled communist. This entitled group views inherited money from daddy as hard work, and if you lose this money through sloth and bad decisions, but are able to bail yourself out through bankruptcy, you are a brilliant businessman. And you should then be entitled to not be obligated to pay taxes on your tax payer subsidized bailout.

Which if you think about it. Makes them socialists.
Oh, snap.

Who are these cronies you speak of?
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Opinion Polls

Tags
free market, system



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Free speech" no longer free anymore? Or... Panther Education 125 November 26th, 2017 09:56 AM
German police in Cologne "protect" christmas market with mp5's without magazines Beasty Political Humor 2 December 23rd, 2016 05:22 AM
More Evidence Of Wage Theft In A "Free Market" (snick) Camelot Current Events 4 April 30th, 2014 10:34 AM
Did bill get "I have to do something big" out of Obama's system? leighredf Healthcare 56 March 23rd, 2010 08:51 PM
"I wouldn't call that a broken system." aMFliberal Crime and Punishment 24 February 12th, 2006 08:06 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.