Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Opinion Polls

Opinion Polls Political Opinion Polls - Polls created by the community


Thanks Tree42Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2018, 10:43 PM   #11
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I'm positive the feds could show up at your door, trash your house, seize and freeze, and afterwards toss your ass in jail for some trumped up crime, real or not, if they so desired.

What's your point.

2017, across a gallon freezer bag



When I trim, I leave the sparkly leaves mostly. The whole bud is sparkly with the right light angle.


The point is i openly acknowledge that i do not believe that people in costumes have the right to kidnap people and stick them in cages just because some people in suits signed a piece of paper in some far away place but you guys do. Shit, isn't that how you make your living, chasing down people who the guys in costums dont have the time or resorces to kidnap themselves?

You want to use the federal government when it suits you but if it inconveniences you or god forbid get in between you and your drugs....damnit it just isn't fair. Lol


The fact of.the matter not only is pot only against federal law but it is schedule 1. No medical usefulness what so ever.


That is the federal government for you. They cant even get this right, but hey give them more money and power. Sure. That sounds great.


Silly
Thanks from guy39

Last edited by Sabcat; January 5th, 2018 at 10:49 PM.
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 5th, 2018, 10:53 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
The point is i openly acknowledge that i do not believe that people in costumes have the right to kidnap people and stick them in cages just because some people in suits signed a piece of paper in some far away place but you guys do. You want to use the federal government when it suits you but if it inconveniences you or god forbid get in between you and your drugs....damnit it just isn't fair. Lol


The fact of.the matter not only is pot only against federal law but it is schedule 1. No medical usefulness what so ever.


That is the federal government for you. They cant even get this right, but hey give them more money and power. Sure. That sounds great.


Silly
Strawman, totally. And talk about intolerant. Not only do people have to see how horrible their government is, they've got to see it exactly the way you do.

I guarantee you that goober and I, and whoever else, "do not believe that people in costumes have the right to kidnap people and stick them in cages just because some people in suits signed a piece of paper in some far away place." Guaranteed.

Other than that, your post borders on flaming, and I'm not interested tonight pumpkin.
Thanks from Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 5th, 2018, 11:09 PM   #13
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,609
Go ahead and legalize it...but don't be surprised if marijuana production ends up run by Monsanto or some Big Ag or pharma conglomerate. They should have to at least assume the costs of pot-impaired drivers.

From past experiences, I am sure that marijuana is not a drug that should be used by everyone and shouldn't be treated as some magic elixer of life that solves all of your problems....as more than a few potheads seem to do.
right to left is offline  
Old January 5th, 2018, 11:12 PM   #14
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Strawman, totally. And talk about intolerant. Not only do people have to see how horrible their government is, they've got to see it exactly the way you do.

I guarantee you that goober and I, and whoever else, "do not believe that people in costumes have the right to kidnap people and stick them in cages just because some people in suits signed a piece of paper in some far away place." Guaranteed.

Other than that, your post borders on flaming, and I'm not interested tonight pumpkin.
Not a strawman at all. You guys support all kinds of federal laws and regulations. If and when people do not abide by thise laws and regulations you support the federal government to send in their costumesd goons to kidnap them and stick them in a cage. i believe that the federal government should have absolutely no jurisdiction on the peoples lives whatsoever. You cannot just support nullification when it conveniently suits you and not be considered hypocritical.

Common now?
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 6th, 2018, 04:13 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
avlis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Matosinhos Portugal
Posts: 1,401
Maria and (Joana Juana) women I love.

Drugs I've never tried or want.

Drug is the destruction of too much human being.

Laws on drugs every country has its laws.

And you only do drugs who you want.

If I am asked if I am against drugs, my answer is yes.
*
here is my opinion.

.....................................
Em português - In portuguese

Maria e ( Joana Juana ) mulheres eu amo.

Drogas nunca experimentei nem quero.

Droga é a destruição de muito ser humano.

Leis sobra as drogas cada país tem as suas leis.

E só se droga quem quer.

Se me perguntarem se eu sou contra as drogas a minha resposta é sim.

aqui fica a minha opinião.
avlis is offline  
Old January 6th, 2018, 04:33 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I love statists who are libertarians when it is convenient.


Lol.


Nope. Sorry pumpkin but it is not. Right now the feds could kick in your door, trash your house sieze and/or freeze everything you own and toss your ass in federal prision if they so desired.


Yeah yeah yeah. I don't suppose it's possible to have a little libertarian in ALL OF US, but be grownup enough to realize that it's no way to run a country?? Which is WHY no nation is governed that way.

Yes, the Feds could kick in our doors, but THEY WON'T and you KNOW they won't because the federal law is stupid. The guys in costumes probably smoke as much weed as everybody else. AND just because Jefferson Beauregard Sessions is dumb as a potted Begonia doesn't mean federal prosecutors will act on his disregard of the 10th Amendment.
Thanks from Camelot
Clara007 is offline  
Old January 6th, 2018, 05:05 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,562
Personally I think we should legalize, tax and regulate ALL drugs. We spend BILLIONS of dollars each year fighting the "war on drugs" yet on a good year we only interdict about 2%. That's right TWO PERCENT.

We could put every cartel on the planet out of business practically over night. Something like 80% of all murders are currently drug related. The death toll and violence related to the drug trade would end.

I see a direct correlation between the current prohibition on drugs and the prohibition on alcohol. The only thing prohibition achieved was to make criminals very rich and lots of them dead !!

Even at substantial taxation rates, 200 or even 300 percent most street drugs would be cheaper. ALL of the crime related to drugs would be reduced by the fact that the drugs were less expensive. Many other crimes, burglary of both house and cars, robbery, etc etc are related to the need to get money to pay for drugs. It's simple logic that if were legal and cheaper the related crimes would go down.

Treating people for addiction rather than putting them in jail would also be far less expensive. 70% of the current prison population is for NON VIOLENT drugs offences. SEVENTY PERCENT !!!!!!! Imagine the savings if we pardoned them, expunged their records and sent them home. Most of them would get jobs and become TAX paying citizens rather than their current status as prisoners COSTING their respective states X dollars each day they are in prison.

I think legalizing, taxing and regulating the drug trade would be a FAR better solution. Just like alcohol, I think the benefits would far out weigh the costs.
Thanks from imaginethat, Sabcat and Gordy

Last edited by BubbaJones; January 6th, 2018 at 05:32 AM.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old January 6th, 2018, 05:06 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Not a strawman at all. You guys support all kinds of federal laws and regulations. If and when people do not abide by thise laws and regulations you support the federal government to send in their costumesd goons to kidnap them and stick them in a cage. i believe that the federal government should have absolutely no jurisdiction on the peoples lives whatsoever. You cannot just support nullification when it conveniently suits you and not be considered hypocritical.

Common now?
We live in a place called reality, ever been there?
I like that there are people who check to make sure there isn't lead in the drinking water, or mercury in the air.
And goons don't kick in my doors, or anyone else's, unless that anyone has robbed a bank or raped or murdered someone.
And I like the fact that the people who rob banks, steal cars or drive drunk, get arrested and imprisoned.

You set up these borderline absolute scenarios which quite frankly don't happen, except extremely rarely, and even then it's by mistake.

It's all about the user experience, what's behind the curtain doesn't affect anyone. My experience has been that the police are my friends, that things pretty much work as advertised.

And growing pot is legal, up to six plants per adult, with a maximum of 12 per household.
And the feds don't kick in my door and throw me in a cell, because there is a balance in the way things work, and if they did that, there would be repercussions, so they don't.

And July 1, there'll be Cannabis Cafes open for business, where an adult can purchase and consume pot, right off the menu.

That's the way it is, for real, right now.
So when you talk about goons kicking in doors, and tossing innocents in prison, it's not real.
If it was, I'd feel different, but it's not real.
Thanks from imaginethat, Camelot and Clara007
goober is online now  
Old January 6th, 2018, 06:30 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Not a strawman at all. You guys support all kinds of federal laws and regulations. If and when people do not abide by thise laws and regulations you support the federal government to send in their costumesd goons to kidnap them and stick them in a cage. i believe that the federal government should have absolutely no jurisdiction on the peoples lives whatsoever. You cannot just support nullification when it conveniently suits you and not be considered hypocritical.

Common now?
Great. You are incapable of seeing degrees. You establish a phony litmus test: Either a person is 100 percent against federal laws and regulations, or, the person is a hypocrite.

It's unbelievable that you and your kin have managed to complete your education, held down jobs, married, had children, and still you see the world through black and white glasses. In other words, you don't see the world as it is, a complex interplay of various forces that requires observation and analysis to pick the best way to go forward. Figuring the best way forward takes work.

Nope, in Sabcat's world it's federal laws and regulations bad, always, 100 percent of the time, and any other opinion is hypocritical heresy.

With this attitude bro, you render all your opinions on governance childish at best. Some issues are best handled at the local level, like school boards, some at the state level, like the legality of cannabis, and some at the national level such as the protection of our unalienable, our Ninth and Tenth Amendment rights.

This is reality Sabcat. On a planet inhabited by men and women fully committed to the principle of "Love your neighbor as you love yourself," just about any form of government would work, from democracy to republican to communism, as would no government at all: anarchy.

Presently, human beings are primarily driven on a collective level by fear and greed, on a good day. At this stage of human evolution, government is a necessary evil. It deals with the dark side of human nature.

Calling support of some applications of government while calling opposition to others "hypocrisy" reveals a mind yet to mature, and a refusal to deal with reality as it is.
Thanks from Camelot, Hollywood and Clara007

Last edited by imaginethat; January 6th, 2018 at 06:33 AM.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 6th, 2018, 06:50 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Great. You are incapable of seeing degrees. You establish a phony litmus test: Either a person is 100 percent against federal laws and regulations, or, the person is a hypocrite.

It's unbelievable that you and your kin have managed to complete your education, held down jobs, married, had children, and still you see the world through black and white glasses. In other words, you don't see the world as it is, a complex interplay of various forces that requires observation and analysis to pick the best way to go forward. Figuring the best way forward takes work.

Nope, in Sabcat's world it's federal laws and regulations bad, always, 100 percent of the time, and any other opinion is hypocritical heresy.

With this attitude bro, you render all your opinions on governance childish at best. Some issues are best handled at the local level, like school boards, some at the state level, like the legality of cannabis, and some at the national level such as the protection of our unalienable, our Ninth and Tenth Amendment rights.

This is reality Sabcat. On a planet inhabited by men and women fully committed to the principle of "Love your neighbor as you love yourself," just about any form of government would work, from democracy to republican to communism, as would no government at all: anarchy.

Presently, human beings are primarily driven on a collective level by fear and greed, on a good day. At this stage of human evolution, government is a necessary evil. It deals with the dark side of human nature.

Calling support of some applications of government while calling opposition to others "hypocrisy" reveals a mind yet to mature, and a refusal to deal with reality as it is.


Nailed it, IT.

Thanks from Hollywood
Clara007 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Opinion Polls

Tags
legalized, marijuana



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Forfeiture. Legalized stealing coke Crime and Punishment 33 April 6th, 2016 06:22 AM
The two States that legalized pot are getting together for a intangible child Sports 2 January 21st, 2014 03:42 PM
Marijuana legalized in North Korea! (Article) libertarian420 Current Events 54 January 22nd, 2013 10:23 AM
Who thinks Weed should be legalized? ShatteredHorizons Opinion Polls 241 March 29th, 2012 04:46 PM
Respond to USA Today Poll and Vote for Legalized Internet Gambling JeffreyS Opinion Polls 1 July 19th, 2008 06:02 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.