Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Philosophy and Religion > Philosophy

Philosophy For discussion about general and fundamental problems connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language


Thanks Tree11Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2017, 08:50 PM   #61
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
Is it really the evidence telling us that, or is it our assumptions about the evidence? We can't see into the future, so we can't really talk about observable evidence of the future, can we?
Like I said, no observation is not an observation.
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 30th, 2017, 08:57 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
Bookworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Like I said, no observation is not an observation.
So there really isn't any evidence to tell us that "the evidence right now is eventually everything goes away."
Bookworm is offline  
Old April 30th, 2017, 09:02 PM   #63
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
So there really isn't any evidence to tell us that "the evidence right now is eventually everything goes away."
No, there is evidence. Not proof, but the observable evidence right now is everything we think we know adds up to nothing.

I have faith that's not true.
webguy4 is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:04 AM   #64
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 29,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
No, there is evidence. Not proof, but the observable evidence right now is everything we think we know adds up to nothing.

I have faith that's not true.
The sum totality of your posts about Einstein/science in this thread is emphasised above.
RNG is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:22 AM   #65
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
The sum totality of your posts about Einstein/science in this thread is emphasised above.
No everything I said about Einstein was based on objective reasoning. My faith is subjective.
webguy4 is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:45 AM   #66
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 29,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
No everything I said about Einstein was based on objective reasoning. My faith is subjective.
There needs to be something objective to do objective reasoning. You didn't have a starting point.
RNG is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:02 PM   #67
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
There needs to be something objective to do objective reasoning. You didn't have a starting point.
As repeatedly stated, Einstein deliberately ignored the results of his own reason, for no objective reason and that is an objective observation. Even Einstein wouldn't argue with it.
webguy4 is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:15 PM   #68
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 29,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
As repeatedly stated, Einstein deliberately ignored the results of his own reason, for no objective reason and that is an objective observation. Even Einstein wouldn't argue with it.
Observations are an objective reason. The conclusions you come to just by pondering revelation or however you arrive at them without data are not.
RNG is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:37 PM   #69
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Observations are an objective reason. The conclusions you come to just by pondering revelation or however you arrive at them without data are not.
Observations are not objective? .... sheesh , after that you're all yadda yadda.
webguy4 is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:05 PM   #70
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 29,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Observations are not objective? .... sheesh , after that you're all yadda yadda.
Read much or just often? I said observations in this case were the base of objective reasoning. And further I said your conclusions are due to your pondering without an objective base thus subjective.
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Philosophy and Religion > Philosophy

Tags
end, world



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama - World Bank To Keep Third World In Poverty Dude111 Political Talk 0 January 26th, 2010 07:41 PM
A Secular World is a Sane World tadpole256 Religion 0 August 18th, 2009 04:18 PM
The New World Order (NWO) is shaping the world in their image. intangible child Political Talk 8 July 29th, 2008 12:11 AM
World Oil teethandclaws Business & Industries 25 January 13th, 2006 07:02 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.