Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Humor

Political Humor Political Humor Forum - Have something politically funny to share? We like political cartoons and satire!


Thanks Tree52Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:35 PM   #91
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke23 View Post
I knew that story about Lee looked way to sketchy to be true.
The thing about history, and the error that most make, is no event in history can be attributed or defined by a single event.

The book is a good book to read, and has some valuable information, but has gaps and presumptions were there is available evidence, but to understand history, every piece of information needs to be consumed.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:48 PM   #92
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
If you are too dense to understand how putting the entire costs of the wars into supplementals is not being up front with the people about the costs of the wars, that's your problem. The rest of us, and that includes some conservatives in the Congress and the Senate, know better.
All wars are funded by suplimentals.

Clinton funded Bosnia and Iraq with suplimentals.

LBJ funded Vietnam with Suplimentals.

Truman Korea

FDR WW2

Wilson WW2

Why are they funded with Suplimentals.

Because the Cost cannot be a fixed Budget. because of the events can change quickly.

The War may end quickly at little cost, or the War can cost much.

Funny thing War spending increased AFTER Obama Took office by ~30%..

Infact Obama spent more on the wars than Bush..

also more soldiers died under Obama.

Now not blaming either, but those that blame bush, and omit Obama in war spending (and yes Obama has funded the war with Suplimentals) the Surge in Afganistan was a suplimental spending resolution.
Thanks from Jimmyb

Last edited by TNVolunteer73; April 3rd, 2013 at 03:51 PM.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:10 PM   #93
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Have you read the book? Have you studied history that you cannot find on The Google. You only know of a snippet from a website, which is typical. The book has many holes and too many facts are left out. Even the snippet leaves out pertinent facts.
You mean the letter that Lee's daughter wrote? Have you? Are you aware that it is the most accurate of versions of Lee's story?
waitingtables is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:11 PM   #94
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
All wars are funded by suplimentals.

Clinton funded Bosnia and Iraq with suplimentals.

LBJ funded Vietnam with Suplimentals.

Truman Korea

FDR WW2

Wilson WW2

Why are they funded with Suplimentals.

Because the Cost cannot be a fixed Budget. because of the events can change quickly.

The War may end quickly at little cost, or the War can cost much.

Funny thing War spending increased AFTER Obama Took office by ~30%..

Infact Obama spent more on the wars than Bush..

also more soldiers died under Obama.

Now not blaming either, but those that blame bush, and omit Obama in war spending (and yes Obama has funded the war with Suplimentals) the Surge in Afganistan was a suplimental spending resolution.
Nope. That simply isn't the case. Not the entire costs being done through supplementals. That's simply untrue.
waitingtables is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:12 PM   #95
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
You mean the letter that Lee's daughter wrote? Have you? Are you aware that it is the most accurate of versions of Lee's story?
Are you aware that is not how the study of history works? You have not read the book, you do not know the history, and you want to debate it based on an article you read in the New York Times. Just step back an look at that.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:15 PM   #96
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Are you aware that is not how the study of history works? You have not read the book, you do not know the history, and you want to debate it based on an article you read in the New York Times. Just step back an look at that.
Are you out of your mind? The letter from his daughter is in fact the closest source on record now and giving the information nearer to his life than any other. That is how history works.
waitingtables is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:21 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I know who Lee was he is the man the Freed my Great Great Grandfather from slavery.

He opposed slavery. Defended his State.

Infact my Great Great Grandfather because of Lee commanded an Artillery Battery in the Richmond Howitzers, manned by "Colored" Troops.
ROFL he fought for a state that was known for it's horrible treatment of black people and natives, I don't care what he did within that context, he was a racist just like almost everyone else back then and was a pathetic failure.
locke23 is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:22 PM   #98
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke23 View Post
ROFL he fought for a state that was known for it's horrible treatment of black people and natives, I don't care what he did within that context, he was a racist just like almost everyone else back then and was a pathetic failure.
And there is not really any evidence of him being opposed to slavery either.
waitingtables is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:25 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Are you out of your mind? The letter from his daughter is in fact the closest source on record now and giving the information nearer to his life than any other. That is how history works.
She has a point. As a military historian, I prefer primary documents to secondary documents.
Thanks from waitingtables
locke23 is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:25 PM   #100
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Are you out of your mind? The letter from his daughter is in fact the closest source on record now and giving the information nearer to his life than any other. That is how history works.
That is not how the study of history works. That assumption would be laughed off the campus of a third rate junior college.

Third party letters of events are not taken as the closest source on record over actual documents of facts. As I said before, you did not read the book, you have not studied that era of history, and you are using an article from the New York Times to argue history.
Jimmyb is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Humor

Tags
liberals



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Liberals of Oz Jimmyb Political Humor 10 October 13th, 2014 10:50 PM
What conservatives and liberals believe alias Americas 5 November 19th, 2006 08:35 AM
Liberals Gone Wild! alias Political Talk 13 October 23rd, 2006 10:37 PM
Liberals theBTMANIAC Political Talk 12 December 20th, 2005 05:05 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.