Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Humor

Political Humor Political Humor Forum - Have something politically funny to share? We like political cartoons and satire!


Thanks Tree52Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:41 AM   #21
Mind Numbed Robot
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,028
what liberals don't know:

non-sequitor straw man arguments are not an effective debate response.
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM   #22
Mind Numbed Robot
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,028
more liberalism does not does not fix the problems caused by liberalism
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:44 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 20,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
what liberals don't know:

conservatives are for the most part, not racist. there is a long history of conservatives being part of the struggle against racial oppression. charlton heston, abraham lincoln, and many others. mlk jr was a republican
Not true.
WERE part of the struggle.
PAST TENSE.

The party has changed dramatically in the past fifty years.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:10 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
what liberals don't know:

conservatives don't favor the rich. conservatives don't win election just with rich people's votes.

conservatives favor liberty.
Tell that to all the ruined lives of the middle and lower class during the presidency of Reagan. Or, the millions of dead civilians in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos from the so called American "liberators". Tell that to the millions of Black, Asian, and Hispanic people in the USA up until the 90's who were treated like animals under right wing oppression during most of the 20th century (note, while most other countries were making great leaps forward in equal rights). Tell that to all the gay and Muslim people who have little rights in conservative run states even today.
locke23 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
more liberalism does not does not fix the problems caused by liberalism
Liberalism brought about the end of slavery (please don't say, oh Lincoln was a Republican, because frankly at that time he and Grant followed Classical Liberal principles and so did all the other people who pushed for equal rights). Liberalism brought about separation of church and state. Liberal ideals brought an end to total monarch domination. Those are all solutions to conservative caused problems. Problem sir?
Thanks from tristanrobin
locke23 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:34 PM   #26
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke23 View Post
Liberalism brought about the end of slavery (please don't say, oh Lincoln was a Republican, because frankly at that time he and Grant followed Classical Liberal principles and so did all the other people who pushed for equal rights). Liberalism brought about separation of church and state. Liberal ideals brought an end to total monarch domination. Those are all solutions to conservative caused problems. Problem sir?
Nope white people that were willing to DIE so men could be free brought an end to slavery...
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:39 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Nope white people that were willing to DIE so men could be free brought an end to slavery...
America wasn't the only place where slavery took place, sure it was one of the last to give it up but all that means is morally America sucks. Anyway, the white people of the north only fought that war with such heart and determination because they saw it as patriotic. I love this, you've been so badly brain washed that you don't even know the truth about your own country's history.
locke23 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:42 PM   #28
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke23 View Post
America wasn't the only place where slavery took place, sure it was one of the last to give it up but all that means is morally America sucks. Anyway, the white people of the north only fought that war with such heart and determination because they saw it as patriotic. I love this, you've been so badly brain washed that you don't even know the truth about your own country's history.
In america white people (600,000) gave their lives so african americans could be free.

My Great Great Granfather was a Slave that was freed by Robert E. Lee in 1850s... when you go to arlington you see Soldiers' Graves (as do I) but I see the lands by Great Great Granfather worked until Lee's Wife Mary inherited the plantation..
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:52 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
In america white people (600,000) gave their lives so african americans could be free.

My Great Great Granfather was a Slave that was freed by Robert E. Lee in 1850s... when you go to arlington you see Soldiers' Graves (as do I) but I see the lands by Great Great Granfather worked until Lee's Wife Mary inherited the plantation..
Yes, they did, but few knew it. Those racist assholes fought for the unification of the US once again, and it disgusts me. Robert E Lee was a terrible man, and I'm glad he fell from military grace. I wish he'd taken a cannon grape shot to the face.
locke23 is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:01 AM   #30
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke23 View Post
Yes, they did, but few knew it. Those racist assholes fought for the unification of the US once again, and it disgusts me. Robert E Lee was a terrible man, and I'm glad he fell from military grace. I wish he'd taken a cannon grape shot to the face.
Robert E. Lee was a Terrible man.. hmmm

he Freed my Great Great Grandfather from Slavery.. he said that "It is and Abomniation for one man to own another."


Then again.. I live in the Real World not the imaginary world of one who does not know history.

Hey.. Why did Canadian Citizens have to Sue their Government so they could Buy PRIVATE HEALTH insurance, to prevent them from Dieing waiting for Care?


If liberalism is So Great why did Canadians have to AMERICANIZE their Government healthcare to prevent people from dieing in the streets.

Top court strikes down Quebec private health-care ban - Canada - CBC News

As a result of delays in receiving tests and surgeries, patients have suffered and even died in some cases, justices Beverley McLachlin, Jack Major, Michel Bastarache and Marie Deschamps found for the majority.





The Quebec government reacted by saying it would apply immediately for a stay of between six months and two years before the decision takes effect, given the chaos it could cause in the delivery of medical services in Quebec.


OH CANADA.. people come to Nashville For healthcare they cannot receive in Canada... I know I am a Microbiologist at a medical center here.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Humor

Tags
liberals



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Liberals of Oz Jimmyb Political Humor 10 October 13th, 2014 10:50 PM
What conservatives and liberals believe alias Americas 5 November 19th, 2006 08:35 AM
Liberals Gone Wild! alias Political Talk 13 October 23rd, 2006 10:37 PM
Liberals theBTMANIAC Political Talk 12 December 20th, 2005 05:05 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.