Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Humor

Political Humor Political Humor Forum - Have something politically funny to share? We like political cartoons and satire!


Thanks Tree73Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:05 AM   #51
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Liberals don't know why some people simply are incapable of understanding that background checks are not keeping handguns or shotguns out of anyone's hands who has a lawful right to own them.
waitingtables is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:20 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Here is more on Lee and his decision to resign his commission and eventually support secession for Virginia and his stance on slavery. For it is not what either person here has claimed it was:



The General in His Study - NYTimes.com
A good man.
imaginethat is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:26 AM   #53
Wall-crawler
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Liberals don't know why some people simply are incapable of understanding that background checks are not keeping handguns or shotguns out of anyone's hands who has a lawful right to own them.
liberals don't know that the number of people killed or injured by legal gun owners is neglible to the point of near zero.

In the entire history of the state of michigan the number of felonies committed with a firearm by a licensed gun holder is one.
Thanks from sovereignman
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:31 AM   #54
Wall-crawler
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,266
if we took the money the liberals want to borrow from the chinese for our grandchildren to repay and spend on gun registration and spent that instead on educating people on the value of vitamin D and aspirin in cancer prevention we would save 1000 times more lives.
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM   #55
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
liberals don't know that the number of people killed or injured by legal gun owners is neglible to the point of near zero.

In the entire history of the state of michigan the number of felonies committed with a firearm by a licensed gun holder is one.
And background checks are the only thing that determines for a seller, who is a legal gun owner and who cannot legally buy guns. Background checks do not prevent people who are not prevented by law from owning a gun or buying a gun. So I am unsure of why you have used this to make a point in response to mine.
waitingtables is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM   #56
Wall-crawler
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
And background checks are the only thing that determines for a seller, who is a legal gun owner and who cannot legally buy guns. Background checks do not prevent people who are not prevented by law from owning a gun or buying a gun. So I am unsure of why you have used this to make a point in response to mine.
how many millions of dollars to create and maintain your national gun registry? how to protect citizens against it being used to restrict our freedom? how is having a gun registry consistent with the stated purpose of the second amendment of having an armed citizenry as defense against a tyrannical government?

ooops, wandered a bit. Directly answering your question: money spent on a gun registry (which we don't even have the money) can be spent to better effect.
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM   #57
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Since when are background checks the same thing as a national gun registry? You are in fact not addressing a single thing I have said or point that I have made.
Thanks from tristanrobin
waitingtables is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:00 AM   #58
Wall-crawler
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,266
is somebody in politics proposing background checks without a national registry? , no , they're not. unless u got elected or appointed to something.
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:01 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Just curious...

How do you feel about The Great Klanbake or...

well within the last 50 years...

the fact that Senator Robert Byrd (D) was a chief recruiter for the Klan and awarded the title Grand Kleagle for doing so? Continuing...what about the phoney voice vote result from the last DNC?

Racism and denial of democratic rights are part and parcel in the Democratic Party...

What do you think about the fact that the US military was segregated by Democrats but desegregated by Republicans....or that Colin Powell was made head of the army by Republicans...or that Condoleeza Rice was made Secretary of State by Republicans? How about appointing a black Justice?

Name a few the Democrats have recognized as worthy of the same sort of recognition...

You might come up with Barak Obama...who isn't in the same league as the others.
as I said - ALL PAST TENSE - the party has changed

all your driveling doesn't alter that a bit

yes, IN THE PAST, the GOP had a better record on racial equality than the DNC - IT HAS CHANGED.

Jesus, trying to converse with you is like having my mother coming in and hugging me for getting an A in spelling in 2nd grade - THAT'S THE PAST.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:20 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: america
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
as I said - ALL PAST TENSE - the party has changed

all your driveling doesn't alter that a bit

yes, IN THE PAST, the GOP had a better record on racial equality than the DNC - IT HAS CHANGED.

Jesus, trying to converse with you is like having my mother coming in and hugging me for getting an A in spelling in 2nd grade - THAT'S THE PAST.
wheres your proof?
sovereignman is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Humor

Tags
liberals



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Liberals of Oz Jimmyb Political Humor 10 October 13th, 2014 10:50 PM
What conservatives and liberals believe alias Americas 5 November 19th, 2006 08:35 AM
Liberals Gone Wild! alias Political Talk 13 October 23rd, 2006 10:37 PM
Liberals theBTMANIAC Political Talk 12 December 20th, 2005 05:05 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.